1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict Tonight's TNT Inside the NBA halftime show

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Nov 16, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone want to add to SamFisher's astute predictions of how they will talk about Chris Paul's return tonight.

icymi, I.D.I.O.T.
    Of course, this all assumes they even talk about the Rockets after the GSW v BOS first game.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Westbrook dunks on tanking Bulls (from yesterday)

LeBron

Giannis MVP/ Eric Bledsoe to Bucks (just enough help, but not too much like Harden has)

Cut to Kevin Garnett quickly to avoid talking about Rockets.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Is it me or does the KG segment seem way too fake and looks like he tries to hard to fit an "image".

4. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

"Chris Paul has no purpose on this team"

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

"Why is Chris Paul just standing on the three point line? That's not his game"

Even though the numbers clearly say he's a good spot up shooter.:rolleyes:

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

I wanted to add to this thread, but SamFisher already summarized it better than I ever could

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Just like his playing career.

Houstunna and fallenphoenix like this.
  8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Well, Kenny Smith again said on NBA TV a couple of nights ago that he’s just not sure what CP3 can bring to this team. It was a serious setting and even there he comes across as ignorant and unobservant.

Sekou Smith who does the MVP Rankings and has Harden as #1 said he thinks even with CP3 Harden will maintain his numbers and him along with another analyst mentioned the obvious fact that CP3 will be there to provide 48 minutes of elite playmaking and quoted MDA about staggering minutes.

Kenny clearly has an agenda against the Rockets, is just that stupid or just wants to sound interesting so people will talk about it. It’s probably a combination of the three. It’s just really unprofessional and a disservice with the money they pay him to talk basketball.

heypartner likes this.
  9. jogo

jogo Member

SamFisher nailed it.

Alternatively-
    "We know Houston can't win with that style in the playoffs. We need to talk about the Lakers and Lonzo Ball. Did you see his performance last night..."

10. hakeemthagreat

Barkley: "The Rockets just jack up 3's. They're not gonna beat Golden State in the playoffs. Harden's great but CP3 serves no purpose on the team. MDA doesn't preach defense (even though we're top 10 right now). The Rockets can't stop anybody' bla bla bla.

Shaq: (Mumble voice) "I agree Chuck. Back when I played we beat teams by getting stops, the Rockets can't stop anybody. I like James Harden. But the Rockets don't have a identity. They rely on 3's. They don't have a bigman like me to clog the paint"

Ernie: "Kenny?"

Kenny: "Welp, (long pause). Somewhere in between Shaq & Barkley's comments, but a little more optimistic.

Bottom line, these guys don't follow any teams if Lebron, Steph or Westbrook isn't on them. They don't know anything outside of those teams. The Rockets could be beating the team we're playing by 40 by halftime, but the analysis is ALWAYS pretty much the same thing.No updated insight or in depth critiques. How about how Capela's game has improved? Or Luc mbah a moute & PJ Tucker's defensive contributions? Maybe how we're stopping teams at a higher rate?

DD444 likes this.
  11. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Pass...won’t be watching those fools. I’d rather get kicked in the nuts by Draymond.

12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Score at halftime - Rockets up 74-52.

"This is why the Rockets cant compete with GSW and SA. They gave up 52 points in the first half because they dont play any defense and shoot too many 3's".

...cut to Curry.. "what's up with Curry's new hair?" (talk about this for the next 10 mins of halftime).

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Can someone explain to me what the Rockets did to Kenny Smith? Seems to subtly go against when he can.

rockpileindisma and BigShasta like this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It seems like Kenny is a victim of Rockets hate osmosis. He’s just been surrounded by it for so long that he adapted to his environment.

Barkley’s beef with Les ended when Tillman took over, but the residual effects of that can still be seen in Kenny’s now distorted perception.

rockpileindisma and heypartner like this.
  15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

"Rockets are leading 63-48 and now highlights of the Warriors vs Celtics..."

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Chuck: Errrnie, that $3M the old owner still owe me, don't it get passed down, I mean aint it just assumed by that new owner? I tell ya somebody got to pay, and with interest.
    Kenny: The Suns have a lot of nice young pieces. I think in a couple years Booker could be in the MVP conversation. He speaks so well..
    Ernie: Well Kenny who would you say is the current MVP thus far after the first month of this young season?
    Shaq: I know the answer to that question, Ernie. It's Ky-rie. Boston is back 'n Ky-rie put 'em on the map again..
    Chuck: I don't give a rats ass if he the Mafia, I aint scurred of nobody Errrnie. Don Furrttitaa need to pay up before I throw his ass through plate glass window, and ya know I do it..
    Kenny: Chuck you could probably just make up that whole $3M and more by talking him into free food for life at one of his restaurant chains Ha-ha..
    Shaq: Ha-ha Charles you FAT!
    Ernie: Well Shaq what about James Harden for MVP, you don't think he's made a strong case so far?
    Chuck: Awww he even fatter than me, Errrnie!
    Shaq: Yeah, too fat..
    Kenny: Seriously though, with CP3 in the house now and the re-emergence of Ryan Anderson, it's hard to just single out James on that team. That's a group effort rite there..
    Chuck: Yah they all needs to pitch in group effort gimme back my damn money. James makin a lot now and ya know he only deserve half when he only play one side the court..
    Ernie: Are you saying James Harden doesn't play defense, Chuck?
    Shaq: Ha-ha I saw that video too! No defense..
    Kenny: Yeah they overpaid for a guy who don't bring it on the defensive end..
    Shaq: He never dunk either
    Chuck: They GM a fat nerd too. They all gettin fat off my money. That's why Harden can't dunk, Shaq. Too fat to jump
    Ernie: Well Chuck, did you see the recent analysis that Harden's actually the slowest player in the league?
    Kenny: Haa-ha slower than even Boban!
    Shaq: Ovapaid (shakes his head)
    Chuck: Hey how many steaks I gotta order per month to make up $3M, Errrnie??

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, totally see them talking about the Suns post-trade rather than the actual game, if Rockets are crushing them. Something like "What will the affect of the Bledsoe trade have on the development of Booker and Josh Jackson." Then the segue to your quote above.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

@tinman is offended we are talking about TNT

rockpileindisma and DonKnock like this.
  19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

20. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Will talk about Embiidi , after 3 words on Houston.

rpr52121, DonKnock and heypartner like this.