1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Rockets4Life13

You're missing the point again. Whatever I'm just not going to respond again.

2. Chamillionaire

If Cleveland keeps sucking, wonder if Korver could be had for our poo poo platter. Where is Dunleavy Jr. these days?

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish we could get Okafor for a top 10 future pick. Pairing him with Nene and Capela on D could give us a scoring front court option when we go on droughts. I don't think it's likely to happen though. Chris/ Harden could feed him, and Capela too.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jahlil it is.

5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Top 10 3 points shooter or paul gasol etc

6. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Jah Okafor or the Kings’ Skal Labisierre

7. saleem

Man, I was thinking about Skal too. I have no idea how to acquire him. The cost may be beyond the Rockets management.

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

tempting offer, Paul would run that team into a contender with milsap and jokic.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycq5t45m

If they threw in a 1st that would be heck of a get for rockets thou. Manimal runs really well with harden, and murray would be the future for houston.

9. saleem

Manimal can run, but he can't defend well. Murray is nice, but I wouldn't entertain going this route. Paul is excited about staying in Houston.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jahlil, Skal, what is up with coveting such crappy defenders??? Rockets want their role players to defend first, this team has no problem scoring right now.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Saw your Nerlens Noel is available due to poor play and subsequent decreased minutes/benching.

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

The difference is that Noel is a much better defender and rim protector.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

We all ready have what we need in the middle with 2nd Nene and 3rd Black. Black is a really solid player. We have what we need at the 4 in Anderson and a platooning the back up. We have what we need on the wing with the 6th man of the year plus platooning that spot too. No other team in the world has the point cover like we do. Just stop it already covered.

The only thing is we are going to have to really pay a lot for Capela to keep him next season.

Our coach plays with a short bench anyway—> having vs using.

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, not sure what’s going on. The report states that the Mavs defense is a drastic minus with Nerlens on the
    court than when off. He is in Carlisle doghouse. Guess the minus is because Nerlens is rebelling. But isn’t
    that the knock on Nerlens.

Not sure the Rockets need another center. I’m content with Capela/Nene/T Black. So it’s just an FYI on Noel.
    Sure you knew about the reports. He could be dangerous in our system as a backup; but I’m targeting some
    PF that can shot 3’s (3 & D guy). Each of us have our preference. I feel that they should break up the Clips.
    Just don’t like any of their PF’s (Griffin not available). Take care

15. saleem

A 3/D PF would be nice, but that would be hard to pull off. I love Nene, but his age and durability will put pressure on Capela/Black whenever they come up against a strong defensive team, and it's only going to get harder in the playoffs. NN will sulk playing behind the more disciplined Capela.

16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Noel is in the Mav's doghouse. Find a way to get him

17. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Cause Nene will eventually get hurt later in the season. His body can't take it.

18. saleem

I would hate to see that happen, but I dread it. Nene is just awesome for his age.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

A 3-D power forward would have to be a guy that Morey "discovers" on waivers, in G League or overseas League a la Beverley or Smoove. Trading for Aaron Gordon or even Nerlens Noel will not be cheap.

Would love another 3-D forward like Luc but unless Rockets give up a real asset like EGo or even Capela, heaven forfend, likelihood extremely low.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Marvin williams