1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sweet Lou

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Nov 14, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Lou has had 2 30+ point games in the last 5 and averages 16.7 PPG. Is it because he’s allowed to do whatever he wants, just a bit of beginners luck, more minutes due to injuries? He had only 4 high scoring games in half a season with us, wondering how he’s doing it.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nothing special, he had a similar season with the Lakers. Couldn't get it going with us because we had a better player on the floor handling the ball, namely Eric Gordon who is as good offensively and far better defensively. He seems to lose interest if he isn't given control when he's on the floor, which is what the Lakers and Clippers give him.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree entirely. I thought he played some nice basketball with the Rockets, saving us against the Thunder multiple times.

The problem was that Eric Gordon was the designated 6th man, so Lou got scraps.

(Not to mention his defense)

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

How are his +/-'s?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is nothing new. Lou is a scorer. needs the ball in his hands to be effective. thats what he is.

he was a good pickup for hou for a playoff run, played extremely well against okc but with EG here hes not needed for what he can bring to a winning team.

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lou Williams was a black hole on offense and a bad defender plus he got butt hurt that Eric Gordon won the 6MOY award over him. Glad he isn't on the Rockets anymore

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lou is great on a sorry team, not so great for a contender. He is too much of an unpredictable yo yo for my taste.

xiki likes this.
  8. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I always thought Lou's game was limited by our no 2pt jump shot strategy. He is more effective when he's free to play his game which includes 17-18 ft jump shots.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

an inefficient chucker

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ya, I like the poster.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

But, seriously - - what are his + / -'s?

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This year through 13 games he has an obpm of +5.4 and a dbpm of -3.0 for a net +2.4 bpm

PhilCollins and ramotadab like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't he score like 30 points the first game he played for us?

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks.

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. BleedsRocketRed

What? Stop making crap up

PhilCollins likes this.
  16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

His best game of the regular season for us, then he fell off dramatically. He was just too redundant with E-Go. To be fair he did have a couple of great games against the Thunder in the playoffs.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

that actually wasn't his best game. not sure where the lou williams hate is coming from around here. he was what the 8th man off the bench. people have some pretty high standards for someone in that position. hes basically been on par with what hes been his entire career. hou brought him here to be a contributor for playoff run and he for sure was a big part of it. if EG wasnt here, he would be a great 6th man

OTMax and Obito like this.
  18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm not hating but he was very streaky when he got here, that's the truth. He was still valuable but fit-wise somewhat redundant with Gordon. We needed more a long, defensive stopper. Also hs first game with us wasn't his best regular game for us? He had 27 pts, 7 threes in 25 mins. If not it was close. Anyway I'm glad he's having success with the Clippers.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

didnt mean you specifically just to be clear. just in general really. but yeah he had a couple 30 pt outbursts with us in the reg season and was great in the playoffs for us vs okc,

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

He should had won 7th man award of last year

Asian Sensation likes this.