1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[AMC] The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 21, 2017.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i used to host walking dead viewing parties for my friends who were too cheap to get cable. this has been going on since the series started and on any given night there were 3-5 people over and sometimes even 7-8. this season nobody comes over at all and im only half paying attention. i vacuumed my house and did dishes last night whilst watching.

its like they dont even care anymore. yet another too-long "inspirational" speech meant to rally the troops and more stupid, wanna-be artsy time-jumps. ezekiel is cool in the comics and this guy plays him like a massive douche. i hate him more every week. and each week someone else is having some moral dilemna or crisis...rick, morgan and now ezikiel. and by the end of the episode nothing has really happened...or at least nothing that could not have been taken care of in 20 minutes.

and whats up with the guy in truck with machine gun shooting at rick from like 50' away and not even hitting the windshield...then all of a sudden daryl comes back from a major wreck and kills him with a couple pistol shots on his f***ing motorcycle.

most unbelieveable and lame motorcycle scene since this...

each week this season finds me paying less attention. and my friends who used to come over and also read the comics arent even watching. im the last one!

jacoby and marks0223 like this.
  2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'm still a fan of the genre. Is Fear the Walking Dead better than the original at this point? Considering giving up on this series, but I thought I might give the spin-off a chance.

3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Well, if you stick around it seems they will have a cross over in the next seasons of both according to the shows producers...:eek:

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I liked the first season, 2nd season was weak but they really cleaned the slate near the end. 3rd season was solid. I'd say it's first 3 seasons have been better than the last 3 seasons of WD, faint praise I know but I pay more attention to whats going on with Fear as opposed to the mothership......

dharocks likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

King Ezekiel is too over the top for me.

I’m glad they finally got rid of Shiva...the CG was sooo bad, and that tiger was way too unrealistic...I know I’m suppossed to suspend disbelief, but c’mon

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

the 3rd season of FTWD was honestly not bad

Pen15clubber and dharocks like this.
  7. hvic

hvic Member

I watch Fear the dead up until season 2 and thought it was worst than walking dead. The writing and acting is horrible.

dharocks likes this.
  8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

'But for the kingdom.....for the glory....for forever......for victory!!'

Said in a bad King Zeke accent all during last episode..

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Oh please. Unless Rick dies, nothing will surprise me. Even if Judith dies, who cares.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I have no idea how this show will end but, hopefully, everybody dies. ;)

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Live feed of my wife watching every Sunday......

[​IMG]

TheFreak, Invisible Fan and R0ckets03 like this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Everytime I play this on my Laptop I end up falling asleep. I can't finish episode 1 s8.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm in the middle of it now. Surprisingly good. I barely remember any of the second season it was just bad.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah bro, I was expecting it to be bad and was ready to hate on it, but it ended up being a nice improvement from the 1st 2 seasons

it was a lot better than season 7 of TWD to me, and season 8 is pissing me off because I feel like the writers aren’t even trying anymore...they know they can do a bunch of dumb **** and still bank 10+ million viewers an episode

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Season 8 dude...how hard is it to make a post apocalyptic war boring?! Well they have managed. These flash backs and flash forwards are killing it. Season 3 of fear dos the whole war thing way better so far.

Reeko likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, and I don’t know anything about the comics, but I’ve seen people who have read them say that the war with Negan is suppossed to be the high point of the series...if that’s true, and it’s all downhill after this then

[​IMG]

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

**** i forgot about Negan. Him and that priest been chillin fo a minute

marks0223 likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson