1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A seasoned post defender..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swordghost, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think anderson's poor defense comes on the perimeter.
    He has slow feet and lateral movement
    I think down low it is not so much a liability because a strong rooted stance can be a benefit

Rocket River

2. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I read somewhere he was the most targeted player around with ISOs around the league.

It works for me. That´s my standard for him, shoot, if you don´t shoot, pass it quickly and set a screen. And fight with your life on defense. Iy you do those things I can call you MR 20 MILLIONS

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is making a JJ Redick type transformation on defense. So incredibly unexpected and should have all Rocket fans excited. He is playing the best basketball of his career. ALL I want out of Ryno is for him to be intensely aggresive for his shot. Whether he makes or misses, I want to see him ready to fire at at ALL TIMES. When he is confident, the Rockets are downright scary. I remember playing the Pelicans when Ryan Anderson was coming in off the bench, and literally every three he shot had me pulling my hair out because I just knew they were dropping eventually. He can be an assassin when he is right, rivaling the best shooters in the NBA.

One of the best "worst contracts" in the NBA.

swordghost, BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bullard makes me cringe with his stats... Dude has a stat for every damn thing... It's funny though when he joyously throws out a stat and there's complete silence from Drexler or Worrell... He waits on a "wow" reaction...lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bull is the biggest Dweeb. Such a nice, happy guy, but Gee Golly is he a dork.

I wish we got some--cool--back in the booth. (Calvin Murphy)

Because let's be honest. Clyde, Bull and Craig are total dorks. They are our dorks and I love them, but Gee Golly guys.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Bull is my favorite announcer across all channels and teams. He can say no wrong in my book, even if he & Craig say that young Sabonis looks like young Bullard

Mazulis likes this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Interesting, Sneaky Athletic Americans typically don't use much seasoning.

swordghost likes this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I am so excited for this matchup. I would be 100% for it. Green is a below average scorer and easily guarded. His passing can't be guarded by any defender no matter how good, and it has more to do with what the rest of the defense is doing.

On top of that, Green guarding Anderson on the perimeter is a death sentence for the Warriors. Of course, they're much more likely to stick Durant on Anderson and let Green guard the rim.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. swordghost

swordghost Member

10/10

RA’s strength is not switching to a guard and defend all the way from 3 point line. In today’s NBA very few “big” s can do that. If that is a requirement to stay on the court, then Harden would see an empty half court on offense. RA can guard most bigs and let them put up effort, that’s all we need.

That being said RA’s offensive ability where he draws rim protectors (Durant counts) out on the perimeter is much more difficult to counter.

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

He is actually making Capela look better at times. Most blocks seem to be from defensive help (Capela).

Ryan Anderson had to defend Marc Gasol quit a bit in all 3 games to this point. Probably
    others trying to post up Ryan that escape my memory at the moment. Embiid??

12. swordghost

swordghost Member

Good point. IIRC there were a couple of games Capela was in foul trouble and Ryan did a recent job covering up extended periods.