1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't be surprised if we trade Clint for Deandre Jordan this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Nov 13, 2017.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wow put this thread to rest. As the meme to this site.

You find the Parsons you don’t pay him the max.

Capela being the “find the Parsons” and Jordan being “paying the Parsons.”

don grahamleone and Mathloom like this.
  2. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Off-topic - I always hate this quote from Murray, because historically, he's pretty meh at finding the Parsons. He drafts below average and tends to overspend when he thinks the formula is almost right (Dwight, Ryan Anderson). I think he misunderstands a winning postseason formula vs. generating regular season wins.

Usually the players he finds are ones with extensive stats that have somehow fallen to the wayside and he scoops in like a hyena/vulture to get them cheap (Gordon, Brooks). Therefore, the potential of Moray's deals can be very good, but they're never amazing. He's not really the guy that discovers the guy, but more like a shrewd used cars salesman.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

It looks like Clint's max contract would start around $25,250,000 based on current cap projections.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I actually didn’t know (or have forgotten) that was a Morey quote.

Finishing 1st team out of playoffs 3 years in a row or with a worse pick in the draft than that will hamper your chances of getting a good player.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Hell no, Morey makes that trade so fast. Have you seen Cousins' 3pt attempts per game this year? He's also 2nd in RPM (#1 being Harden). Cousins would be the ultimate "increase your risk profile" move.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Problem with that is we control Capela's rights. We can go into the tax to sign players (CP3, Lebron i know) and still sign Capela because he's a restricted free agent.

We can't do that with Cousins and he's an expiring contract. More values flexibility.

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

DJ has been overrated for years, getting all-star nods and greatest center in the game titles, but he’s nothing. He has his length to block shots and rebound, that’s it. Capela is better given his limitations and all round talent.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

just had to get a laugh at this again. the great deandre that needs a serviceable guard to be effective. oh no :rolleyes:

#88 YOLO, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  9. basketballholic

So you wanna know why, eh?

Well, let me tell you, it's a multi-faceted resin all based on making this team a better team than the Warriors long term.

I could write a book here but I won't.

Needless to say, our front office spent more time talking to other teams about Capela and bigs than they spent on any other position. Starting with the CP3 trade. There were discussions involving DJ, CC, and others. And that's part of the reason why the trade for Paul was what it was. And why we gave up so much for CP3. There was another deal on the table. And it's still very possible depending on other things transpiring.

Some of the bigs discussed this summer:
    DeAndre
    Hassan (briefly)
    Vucevic
    Nerlens (MDA's pet)
    Brook
    Robin
    Ed Davis
    LaMarcus
    Pau
    Marc
    DeMarcus

It is most likely that we trade Capela by the deadline. It is next most likely that we sign-and-trade Capela this summer. It is least likely that we keep Capela and sign him to a long term deal.

#89 basketballholic, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  10. thejav

thejav Member

Lol what are you smoking??

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Rubio looks great

topfive and YOLO like this.
  12. Moleb

Moleb Member

It takes a lot of courage to start a thread on toxicfans. I mean clutch fans. The thread vultures are in full effect. Anyway, good post. It's tough man. Clint hits FT's. But isn't Jordan an expring contract? Very tempting.

macan likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Guys, Jerry West is here!

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Salaries much match ~90% in NBA trades... bye Anderson too ?

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Capela soft around the basket. Needs to finish like Black above the rim. Too many easy misses due to timid play. Insert just about any other 5 and you get same or better play.

17. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

He traded for James Harden. Boom. Get a better argument

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Why would we want a downgrade ?

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

My head is spinning at you truly believing our most likely option is trading Capela by the deadline.

Surely you'd have learnt your lesson by now to create a new fake account instead of adding example after example of horrendously incorrect things to your basketballholic moniker.

topfive likes this.
  20. macan

macan Member

oops wrong post