1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. The Stig

The Stig Member

Got the W! Thanks for your input!

While I'm glad I won, I'm 5-5 in my league while being the 2nd highest scorer with the most points scored against. I hate my luck sometimes. I think while I'm almost a lock for playoffs, I need to start consolidating my roster to get the best possible matchups for weeks 14-16. Currently the roster has depth across the board but no consistent output. Here are some players I'm looking at:

QB: Have Matty Ice and I think he should be okay going forward.
    RB: Saints RB (Kamara, Ingram), McCoy, K.Hunt, Titans RB (Murray, Henry), McCaffrey, Ajayi
    WR: Broncos WR (Sanders, Thomas), K.Allen, Titans WR, Funchess
    TE: Have Kelce. Good to go
    K and DST: Have Lutz and Baltimore/Detroit stack. Good to go there.

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

@moestavern19 wrote this up a couple of months ago and I'm really glad I took this advice. I still have Coleman and I'm going against the Freeman owner this week to potentially lock up my spot in the playoffs. Such a simple strategy, yet so effective :D

3. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Should I start Diggs or Juju this week?

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm 6-4 but my team is unraveling partly due to bad luck with injuries and also my waiver wire pickups have all been busts. I don't know what to do here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

@CharlieMurphy I'd go Juju over Diggs. Good wealth of options you got there.

@kevC I'd cut bait with Washington's RBs. Outside of Thompson, they don't do much. I'd just continue to play the wire aggressively. Freeman being out really does hurt. Think your team is good enough for this week since you got the Rams kicker and Jaguars DST to jack up the floor for you. Not sure about Lockett being a startable flex though. I'd explore options on that.

CharlieMurphy likes this.
  6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yeah I'm making a play for Jamaal Williams to replace Kelley but I'm sure I'll be outbid (auction free agency, almost out of money). Only reason I have Lockett in there is because he's in the MNF game and in the off chance that Freeman can go, I can make the substitution. Hopefully it doesn't come down to a game time decision.

7. The Stig

The Stig Member

I'm not particularly high on Jamaal Williams as the Packers injury crisis continues to deepen. A lot of people are jumping the gun on the WW for these average RBs in less than ideal situation. I'd go and nab a WR if I can to play in the flex.

Re: Lockett and the Flex, I may come off as biased since I'm a Coleman owner but Devonta's on his 2nd or 3rd concussion this season already. I'm highly skeptical that he will pass the concussions protocol thing on time.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My Man!

That's the way you do it.

Freeman is on his 2nd concussion so it could possibly be a multi-week absence. Perfect time for Coleman to become RB1. Terron Ward might also been a worthwhile look too for deeper leagues.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Slipped past my opponent to win 120-112 to improve to 6-4. I was lucky, he never filled an empty WR slot. He was 5-4 too, can't believe people sign up for leagues then stop watching their team.

I have a few questions:
    1. Keep Charles Clay (3 FPs) vs LAC or switch to Witten vs PHI this week?
    2. Keep Big Ben to back up Cousins or drop for a skill position (including Witten)?
    3. Drop Kelvin Benjamin for Corey Davis?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

its not really a bad situation though, especially if you need a RB. Since AR went down, they're forced to run the ball more than they would like and for good reason. The same applies for Jamaal. The volume is going to be there, especially without jones and what looks like ty being out.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Here goes.

I am having difficulty setting my lineup for one of my other leagues, so far this is how it's set (minus QB, TE, Def, and K):

RB: Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt
    WR: AJ Green, Golden Tate
    Flex: Kenyan Drake

Bench: Leonard Fournette, Michael Crabtree, Derrick Henry, and Jamison Crowder

Would you guys make any changes?

My thoughts:
    Crabtree has juicy matchup with the Pats D while AJ is playing Denver's (typically) stingy aerial defense, plus who knows which Andy Dalton shows up nowadays. BUT you don't sit your studs, right?!?!

Fournette against Cleveland over Kareem Hunt versus the New York G-men and Melvin Gordon coming off a disappointing 6 point performance against the Bills? Kenyan Drake is putting up great points with his limited touches but could I expect him to blow up against the crapstorm of a Bucs defense this week?

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I would probably flex fournette personally or even crabtree.

FLASH21 likes this.
  13. The Stig

The Stig Member

@YOLO The volume is gonna be there but it's gonna be useless if you can't gain any yards. I just can't imagine myself burning the #1 on him this week. We shall see.

@NewRoxFan
    1. Either option is fine. I'd keep Clay for the upside.
    2. Drop Big Ben for a skill position. No point rostering two QBs
    3. Drop Big Ben for Corey Davis. Benjamin might still have some value depending on what the Bills do.

@FLASH21 I'd flex Fournette. Start your studs!

Waiver Wire Question: Should I burn a #1 for Ekeler as a Gordon owner or was his last week's performance a flash in the pan? I'm leaning towards not doing it because dude is never going to replace Gordon as a volume back.

NewRoxFan and FLASH21 like this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Are there any other options? I picked him up in a moes' keeper league which is super deep.

But if there's not someone worthy of you dropping for him I wouldn't.

The Stig likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

I am a Gordon owner. I was also a Gordon owner last year and remember when Gordon was injured towards the end of the season last year the replacement ("handcuff") named Kenneth Farrow. He gained something like 30 yards. I am not rushing to add Ekeler. I'd rather gamble on the RB1 for another team.

The Stig likes this.
  16. The Stig

The Stig Member

I don't think there's a player I absolutely like as of right now. The W/R/T Transaction Trend right now:

RB: R.Burkhead, J.Williams, S.Perine, A.Ekeler, Dion Lewis
    WR: J.Maclin, D.Inman, M.Goodwin, M.Wallace, M.Bryant

17. NewRoxFan

The challenge... Dion Lewis clearly the most talented. And then Burkhead. But when you add in White... doesn't ever seem that any one of them gets enough to start.

The Stig likes this.
  18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Your problem is that you suck.

I think you could be a much better fantasy player but your mind is clouded with primitive cognitive biases.

I do offer training but it will cost you and I will break you down mentally like JK Simmons in Whiplash.

Also I do thank you for letting me take over your Ertz lease for the rest of the season.

Doctson might still be good for you, and the pick may help you next year, but you gotta let me get some of that sweet sweet Ertz.

#678 moestavern19, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I did it for the pick **** Doctson.

Plus I'm 6-4 in a "rebuild" year and still in the playoff hunt, suck on that muhfuka!

20. The Stig

The Stig Member

Yeah... no, I'm staying away from the Patriots backfield. I learned this lesson quickly with James White earlier this year and dumped him after week 2.