1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

YIKES!! You're way behind on 2017 NBA.

Giannis has better efficiency on higher scoring this year so far than Harden's had any year in his career.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

My schtick! Ha. Good one.

Yours is not recalling what YOU even said... which is worse?

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Y'all need to chill in here. Rockets are on top and Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Be thankful for ****s sake.

4. JayZ750

Dude, you have plenty of time to go back and forth with me on this but refuse to hunt down quoting me what you're sure I said. Why is that?? Hmmmmm....

If you're SO SURE, just quote me.

- Quote me where I said Giannis would win a ring in the next 4 years? And on the Bucks, no less.
    - Quote me where I said Giannis is better than Harden at the moment? Then quote me where I said "clearly" better than Harden at the moment.

Both of those are things you came raging in here to attribute to comments of mine.

5. MystikArkitect

Do you want links to all of the MVP ladders or the Harden articles or the power rankings or the metrics? It’ll be a lot.

And if you want verbals from GMs then no but I don’t have any GM verbally saying Michael Jordan was better than Clyde Drexler either. Doesn’t stop making it so.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's not the question though. The question is: If you were Daryl Morey with this roster that's playing really well right now with Harden.. would you trade Harden for Giannis if you were Houston trying to win a championship in the next 2-3 years?

That's a real question because GMs have rosters to fill and youth is what most of them need.

I think most GMs would choose to ride with Harden. He's got a roster around him that is designed for him and it's working. The Bucks have problems.

1st. The Bucks are 7 and 6. It's hard to say they're contenders with a straight face. Only way to say without laughing or smirking is to be a Bucks fan or if you're saying they have a long chance. Vegas has them as 11th best.

2nd. You gotta have the ball. The Bucks only top ten rebounding ranking is opponents offensive rebounding.

3rd. They don't have offensive firepower in today's high scoring NBA. When they win, it's by a lot. When they lose, it's by a lot. They have stuff, but it ain't reliable.

Giannis is part of the problem with finding a way to win. Talent alone doesn't win a lot of ballgames, gotta make your team better than they are. That's the difference between these two that's absolutely glaring.

HakeemOnlyFan, BigMaloe and RudyTBag like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

False, and it isn't, even, close.

But obviously someone has never compared their Points Produced statistic, because that doesn't fit their ESPN narrative.

8. JayZ750

Hey! .538 buddy!!

Who would you rather have? Lebron or Harden? Lebron is actually .500.

Points Produced isn't the definition of greatest offensive efficiency. You can want it to be... but it isn't.

I'll take Shaq over Harden from an offensive perspective, for example. As would pretty much most basketball fans and pretty much any analyst ever.

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Talk about someone not living in 2017. o_O

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Damn, look how much we have destroyed this guy. This is all he has left. :D

Broken, bitter, poster.

12. JayZ750

Here's what you posted:

If you want to have a conversation about something, fine, but stop changing what you're talking about. Are you talking about an all-nba draft, mvp rankings, power rankings, metrics or what???
    Westbrook won the MVP last year and I think half the league's GMs would have taken Giannis, last year without even seeing this year so far, in an all-nba draft.

An all-nba draft means there's no teams put together, every players is available to draft, and you start drafting until you have a bunch of teams.

In that draft, I believe most GMs pick Giannis first.

I don't have proof of this anymore than you have proof of the inverse.

I believe it to be so because Giannis is much younger, plays both end of the courts, and is playing as close to Harden level in the regular season as anyone at the moment.

13. JayZ750

So what you're saying, just to be clear, is you'll take Harden over Shaq in terms of greatest players ever?
    I mean you're saying for sure you'd take Harden offensively.
    You haven't opined defensively. Shaq definitely was no Hakeem defensively, but was light years better than Harden's been.

So you have Harden over Shaq?

Lol

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Not counting that tiny aspect of basketball where you make the players around you better and actually win games.

Other than that, yeah. :D

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

What in the world? Have you read anything in here at all? Do we have to start from the very beginning?

16. Rockets4Life13

Alright we have a box score analyst here. Who cares about winning games, its all about DUNKING HARD on people.

Wake me up when Giannis hits a jumper.

The fact that anyone is even having a conversation about trading Harden, one of the guys that gives you a 50+win season every year, for a guy that can't make a jumpshot and is (SO FAR) just about scoring a bunch of points, is ridiculous.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

he hits jumpers just not behind the 3 pt line. thats when giannis can reach another level if that ever happens on a nightly basis

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Giannis is all hype. He literally makes a very small impact on the game itself. He doesn't make others better and is kind of like a glorified, physically gifted DeRozan. Basically, star numbers, pathetic game changing ability in relativity.

SIL

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Charts like this are such a crock of ****. Going full @heypartner on us.

SIL

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

no hes not all hype. dont understand the hate for anyone who actually understands the game. i guess since hes not in a rockets jersey some people refuse to acknowledge good players

BigMaloe and RudyTBag like this.