1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

dont think you can close the book on Giannis just yet. a little early for that. his trajectory is still on its way up. when he finally reaches his ceiling then thats likely the time to judge if he can or cannot.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Harden was added to the Rockets in his 23 year old year. Which is this year for Giannis. Last year Giannis led his squad to the playoffs, when it was decimated with injuries.
    They seem pretty similar in "winning" regards.

But that's besides the point. My point was you don't just throw Harden on a team and watch them dominate.... cause that's not what always happens. Factually.

3. JayZ750

I think most GMs would choose Giannis.

4. JayZ750

I'm not sure. I answer I'm not sure a lot to you because I'm not sure.
    I'm not "moved" by arguments that he finished ahead of the Thunder last year, or a Clippers squad that always had one of its stars injured, or that the Celtics were somehow star-studded last year, or the Cavs regular season performance.

What I do know is Harden doesn't just do it on his own. Just like no player ever does it on their own.
    Harden's teammates might not be amazing all-stars, but they came together to "perfectly" compliment Harden and the system. Do we give MDA any credit? He won COTY.

This is less about Harden. Maybe he would lead the Bucks to a top 2 seed in the East. But I'm not that interested in what Harden could do with the Bucks in the East.
    I'm interested in the Rockets winning championships as soon as possible.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Once Giannis gets above ~.500 for once in his career, then I'll agree that they are "similar" when it comes to winning. But no, until then, they most certainly have not been, especially factoring in conferences.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so who's in the East gonna stop Harden on the Bucks getting to 1/2 seed in the East this year?

roslolian likes this.
  7. MystikArkitect

In Greece maybe.

There’s just no evidence to back up any of your pro Giannis claims. Like non. It exists in pure hypotheticals whereas Harden’s success exists in the present day. He’s the single most powerful offensive basketball force on the planet. When Giannis can account for 100 points in a game let me know.

BigMaloe, Rockets4Life13 and RudyTBag like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't take a genius to see that James Harden would be even more successful out East. Third best record in the NBA last year, with Trevor Ariza getting the second most minutes.

James Harden's basketball brain is on an entirely different planet. Giannis is more of a modern day Julius Erving. A beast and freak of nature, but over 300 games into his career, he has not shown signs of being able to control, nor understand tempo. At least not in the way that the truly elite players do. Dork Elvis, trade the most efficient offensive phenom that has ever walked on the planet, outside of maybe Wilt Chamberlain? Right... :rolleyes:

BigMaloe and roslolian like this.
  9. JayZ750

That's fair.

Conversely, through the age of 22, Giannis had started 253 games to Harden's 7 through his age 22 season.
    Giannis joined a team an organization that only once in the 12 years prior to him being drafted had won more than 42 games.

But fair enough.

I'm just not in love with Kidd or the Bucks roster. I like Middleton but he's been super inconsistent since return from injury (and still gets random injuries) and is no longer a great finisher, Parker can obviously never get healthy, I don't really like Bledsoe a ton. Brogdon is a great role player, but just that. I'm not in love with Kidd as a coach either. I guess he's "ok".

If I look at the Rockets and Bucks combined, once I get past Harden/CP3/Giannis, I'd pick Gordon, Capela next.

Harden+Bucks is worse than Harden+Rockets, imo, even ignoring CP3.

10. JayZ750

Yikes... I see what I'm responding to now.

Got it... you have Harden as the #2 most efficient offensive phenom in NBA history after Wilt. Got it.... you keep doing you, lol.

11. JayZ750

Please point me to your proof that GMs would pick Harden over Giannis in an all nba draft today.
    Thanks, I'l be waiting.

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

So, your grasp of basketball talent comes from the general public's consensus. (ESPN essentially)

Makes sense.

13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Bingo...

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Your bet is r****ded.

The right bet would be who won MVP first, since its individual success that you're banking on.

But it's okay you make bets with your imaginary fantasy teams. Bro, I've literally caught you saying "I don't know why you are saying I want more action in this show" when you literally just said "It needs more action"... you are the one that is illiterate with your own statements.

I'm not going back pages to rehash the bullsh**t you spew and don't even recall.

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Giannis is a number 2 option on a championship team. The Bucks have infinite amount of work ahead of them. They need to snag a Lebron, a Harden, a Durant, WITHOUT giving up Giannis Antekoumpo.

TLDR, They are never winning a ring without pulling off a miracle.
    He is most certainly up there. An efficiency machine, If you hadn't noticed.

16. JayZ750

Are you incapable of finding quotes of me saying the stuff you say I'm saying.

I made it SUPER EASY for you.

If you're going to put words in my mouth... back it up.

You sound pretty f'ing sure of yourself, so back it up. No, you sound 100% sure of it.

BACK IT UP, hombre.

I laid it out very clear.

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Beside the point. We are trying to win rings, not keep our jobs stuck in mediocrity for the next decade like an NBA GM.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm not wasting the time nor effort. Not on your sh**.

Useless and waste of my time. I said what I said, you can search within your own crap you seep on here. That's not my job. I recall my statements, unlike some.

I recall now, it was Better Call Saul. You can search through that thread while you're at it.

19. JayZ750

So basically another useless post.
    I didn't reference ESPN in a single post here.
    But had I.... so??
    You think your basketball acumen is better than ESPNs? Or the reddit r/nba community as a whole.
    It's not.

20. JayZ750

Yes you are useless.

You schtick is say people said things, get asked to back that up, and shrink away.

The reason you can't quote me saying what you think I said, is because I didn't say it.

It's the worst kind of posting.

I can't prove i didn't say anything... because I didn't say it.