1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

in this scenario 8th seed/45-47 wins rockets with Giannis and Cp3 against 1st seed/65 win GSW superteam

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I laid out a bet I'd more than willingly take at a profit to no one but clutch and this site. If your willing to wager against me with uneven odds this is the only way I'm going to make a bet.

"In 4 years, will harden lead the rockets to a championship." Is the bet.

If they win a championship, @JayZ750 has to pay $50 to the tip jar.

If they fail to win a championship, @BigMaloe has to pay $50 to the tip jar.

Either accept or say no, I don't need to read another essay of you stating the same thing I have read that you posted earlier in the thread. I get your stance with harden I just strongly disagree.

Deal or nah?

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't know. You keep asking the strangest questions. As if I'm trying to tell you the Bucks are better than the Rockets right now. Or will be. The Bucks are a lot of things beyond just Giannis. Many of which I don't like.
    Happy to discuss Giannis and the Bucks in a Giannis thread in the NBA Dish. He's relevant in this thread only in the not going to happen hypothetical where Giannis is on the Rockets instead of Harden.

Depends on a ton of things. How long have you been watching the NBA? You remember (or know about), I assume, Sonics/Nuggets, or Warriors/Mavs? Surely you know the Rockets won a ring as a 6th seed? The Knocks making the Finals as an 8th.

You asked a question. I answered it.

I happen to think if this random nitngoing to happen trade did happen the Rockets would still finish top 4 but whatever.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Personally, I think that is more of a wet dream of his to prove his agenda about there being a shred of logic in even considering trading Harden. On a more realistic note, I feel that Green would absolutely shut down Giannis. Klay and KD might have trouble against his sheer power though.

5. JayZ750

Yes. Deal.

It’s the thing I proposed in the first place lol.

Please don’t respond with another essay about uneven odds, yada yada. I’ve read it multiple times now and if you didn’t want to take the bet in the first place you didn’t have to.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

I just want the Rockets to win a title.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Still waiting on those Milwaukee wins before I sound the bullhorn. If the playoffs started today they would be the 8th seed, and you know that CLE is going to start rising. James Harden makes the Bucks a 1/2 seed in the East, immediately. He is that good, and CP3 isn't far behind. Really, it isn't close.

8. JayZ750

1. You're arguing a straw man. Nobody said otherwise.

2. Harden led the Rockets to 41-41 two years ago. Nothing's a given.

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

1. That's why I wasn't replying to anyone Bud.
    2. If Giannis was in the West and led his team to 41-41, it would be the best year of his career my a significant margin, FYI. (It just so happens that it was the worst year of Harden's career by a significant margin).

/Thread

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. JayZ750

So what's your point in posting it in this thread, Bro?

and....??

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

To make it a point of emphasis that trading James Harden for Giannis is insanely stupid, in a thread titled "Trade Harden".

I would pay to see Daryl Morey's reaction to such a trade.

Pretty simple stuff. Anything else you need help with understanding?

BigMaloe and don grahamleone like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Are we still under the delusion that 2016 was all Harden's doing and not the avalanche of bad coaching/bad teammates/bad Dwight we had to deal with that year? I figured these last two seasons made that rather obvious.

13. JayZ750

I guarantee you DM would consider it, if unconstrained [eg. not answering to ownership, etc.]

That a 22 year old Giannis, who is currently probably the #2 MVP candidate in the league, hasn't led his team to 50+ win seasons, when this is his first year at this super stratosphere level, isn't all that enlightening.

Anything else confusing you?

14. JayZ750

Of course not.

I'm just replying to the delusion that some are perpetuating here that if you just take Harden and put him on any ole team, especially in the East, he's going to lead that team to amazing feats.

15. vlaurelio

such a trade's reactions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

honestly dont think either side would even consider it. but just imo

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...

Basically Harden was "just put on any ole team" (AKA the 2012-2013 Rockets), and they immediately had more success than any team Giannis has been apart of. This is especially apparent when you consider the East is quite obviously worse than the West. This is even more apparent when you consider the Rockets being built around Harden have consistently been one of the top teams in the league, save for 2015-2016.

"Amazing feats"? Maybe not. But "much more success than 95% of his peers"? Yes, yes indeed. I would say that if you put Harden on any team in the East outside of the bottom-dwellers, they are immediately a Top 3-4 team in that conference, and I think there is a lot of evidence to support that.

BigMaloe and YOLO like this.
  18. MystikArkitect

Put simply: in an All NBA draft, who goes first? Giannis or Harden?

Easy answer. There’s a reason the Rockets are the 1 seed in the West right now and the Bucks are the 8 seed in the East.

The sad reality is that Harden and Curry and Westbrook and Lebron are capable of running an offense as well as being an offensive force. They are singular engines that operate at extreme levels. Giannis is not and never will be. At best he’ll be a better Horford or Aldridge or Gasol. Absolutely capable of being a championship PIECE but not a Championship level CATALYST if that makes sense.

19. JayZ750

you guys seriously need to get out of your Houston bubble...

absolutely the right answer. DM can't consider it. and frankly, Bucks can't really either.

The idea that it is a trade DM would laugh at, though... is laughable.

Unfortunately as reddit works, without the upvotes, the thread gets lost in the noise... but 50/50... not surprising.... even though according to those in this thread, its "crazy"

20. vlaurelio

isn't 55 wins by himself in the west amazing given the rockets roster around him?

only behind super team gsw & spurs with Pops/kawhi/LMA

Ahead of Least's star-studded Boston & Cleveland

Ahead of star-studded Clippers, OKC with the MVP

you don't think Harden can carry the bucks to atleast 55 wins in the East this year?

BigMaloe and RudyTBag like this.