1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Uniform Changes

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 18, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Fans are pissed, it's right before the first throwback uniform game against the Cavs and they now have a patch horribly sown on, like most of them, over a pinstripe. I don't know why they cannot just integrate the logo into the uniform instead of this odd patch. The oddest one is Disney, which can be just sown into the Magic's jersey in white on their blue ones and blue on their white ones..

Caesar and BigShasta like this.
  2. OTMax

OTMax Member

The change to not having predetermined white for home games I applauded at first, but seeing most teams just switch it around makes it seem really silly. On our court in particular it actually looks really bad, players blending with the red court.

Might as well scrap the need for every team to have a white jersey. There’s always going to be a jersey out of the 4 choices to mix and not match the ones home teams decide to wear.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think wearing the dark jersey looks bad at home. The court already has a ton of red around it, I don't need to see the exact same shade of red on the jerseys too. Just looks bad. White compliments the home court nicely.

OTMax likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets are trying to make the color red synonymous with the team (remember the "Get Red" marketing slogan). I guess that's why they are going with the red uniforms at home.

Personally, I like the tradition of the home team wearing light-colored jerseys and the road team wearing dark-colored jerseys.

mfastx likes this.
  5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

well it makes sense during the playoffs for color jerseys to be worn at home since sometimes when 2 people have the same color shade. The home team would wear white and the fans waving red and the away team wears red, it just seems a bit backwards. But tbh, I don't care either way

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I doubt anyone cares

YOLO and heypartner like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Fans aren't pissed. Just ones like you who are so loud about it and start threads about nothing ... so it naturally seems like they are pissed to you.

YOLO likes this.
  8. heypartner

And don't forget all the empty seats are red, too.

And this could be messing with Ryno's color-blindedness ... @don grahamleone

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yup, they are. I didn’t come with percentages or numbers, just that fans are pissed. Please, get over yourself.

10. heypartner

Come on, I know you can laugh at yourself. It's a healthy thing to do. A patch over a pinstripe that is ugly to begin with. So sad.

Come on, smile. I know you can. Besides, your moniker is an awesome throwback name, and we all love it.

But I'm still going to need some stats to back up your "fans are pissed" claim. :p

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Team effort, results, LeBron whining, LeBron's security douche smacking a beer out of a fan's hand, results, not getting a tee shirt during tee shirt toss time, foul call inconsistency, Cody Zeller's nasal mods, results... Never heard fans react at all negatively to stitch work or pattern matching of sponsor logo.

What fans were saying in Tuesday before game day isn't really important. Hell it still isn't, they aren't available for purchase for a few weeks still.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Horrible jerseys

13. ths balla

ths balla Member

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Like I’ve said previously, those Miami jerseys are fire.

Overall tho, a lot of these aren’t very good at all imo.

BigShasta and TMac'n like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Now that they've all been released...

Like the Sixers, Heat, Blazers, Bulls & Hawks unis.

Rockets, par for the course, bottom of the league.

BigMaloe, malakas and TMac'n like this.
  18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Man, I like a lot of those, especially the MIA ones . Nike did a good job.

seeing all these nice jerseys make me Hate the fact that Les left us a turd in the toilet with those fuken Chinese jerseys. Uuuggggghhhhh!!!!!

J.R. likes this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Hahahahaha... Zatarain's.

[​IMG]