1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 11/12/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2017.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

the Rockets have not trailed in 2.5 games now!

D-rock, heypartner and hakeem94 like this.
  2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This. Way more versatile on D. And rynos improvement on D. The white Chuck Hayes.

SIL

Snow Villiers likes this.
  3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Capela is a restricted free agent and his emergence is nothing but good for the Rockets. Your handwringing on this is misplaced.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Impressive win for the Rockets considering the back to back, 2 games in under 22 hours. I had this game for a "schedule loss." I was wrong. I eat crow.

Really impressed with their energy in this one.

j@amc, heypartner and hakeem94 like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nice quotes in Feigen's article today.

Among which was multiple players calling this a "Professional Win" ,,,never heard the Rockets ever use that term,, so much better than a "Good Loss"

D-rock and Deuce like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I liked how the Rockets referenced that GSW/DEN back to back from last year. I remember that. I remembered how much pride the Rockets took in taking up the challenge of those back to backs. Clearly that was on their mind in this one. They were up for the challenge and took the game right from the start.

yixiixiy, D-rock and heypartner like this.
  7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

On a side note, why is the game box score on the Clutchfans home page of a GSW-Rockets game back on 11/09/2002?

8. AlaisterCuaresma

What's happening clutch fans! I just finished uploading my Top 5 Plays vs the Pacers. James Harden literally couldn't miss a beat with his assists.
    That's one aspect I'm gonna try and take on in my own game are those accurate bounce passes.
    Enjoy the video guys and let me know what you think! :D
    Peace!

mathor, Jontro, duluth111222 and 6 others like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Really enjoying the start to the season.

DD

ico4498 likes this.
  10. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Anyone know what our record was at this point last season?

We need that strong November/December push this season as much as last to stay ahead.

11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Through 13 games we were 8-5.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They're really clicking right now. The synergy is unreal. It looks like they have a streak going, a real stretch of high level play. I like it!

13. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Howdy, dudes. I have been in rural Thailand, and couldn't join y'all for the game. Nice to get back to a big city and find out the Rockets destroyed the Pacers. Looks like Jim put up his usual video game numbers, and Clint crashed the boards hard. This squad has it going right now.

heypartner, Fullcourt and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Keep up the good work!!

Go Rockets!!

#494 Rocket4Life11, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You know James is good when he gets bored with playing his typical way and just starts throwing balls behind the back every pass.

Reminded me of Curry at “peak” form.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Here's my favorite quote after the Indiana B2B travel game, played in less than 24 hours:

"I surprised myself," Capela said. "My body felt great. My body is getting better and stronger every single year. I feel my body doesn't have limits. Even when today I felt like, 'Oh, today is going to be hard,' I start playing hard and I'm like 'Wow, I feel great.'  "

Capela surprised himself with his energy level. That's a big deal, imo, because we'd love to see him reach 32+ mpg this year.

Killatron 2000 and BMoney like this.
  17. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Just watched this game. Very impressive game from beginning to end. What really stands out to me is Capela and Ryan rebounding and presence in the paint. Feels like we have more possessions cuz of them. And oh man, Gordon's health is even better.... its like he's younger!

18. Know Your Role

What about tonight. I'm pretty sure that was the team I remember from last season playing in Toronto tonight. Keep on driving the Harden Freeway. Last exit before you reach your destination is a grown man on court tantrum meltdown never seen before in sports.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Are you sure you're 35? Most 35 year olds know better than to shove something in somebody's face over one game. They also realize that in-your-face after a loss is pretty damned rude. If you're a fan, maybe cheer for the good guys? At least think about it for the future there in-your-facer.

20. Know Your Role

Interesting I think it's rude to constantly quote, call out, and or pick on people because they think differently about a certain player whom hasn't taken the Rockets where they need to go. I cheer for the team, not a polarizing player that has repeatedly quit on the team and on coaches. As I said, I don't have a personal hatred of James. I just think he's not a guy that can get it done here. I'm not sure the Rockets are the franchise that can get him what he needs. I don't see why thats so offensive.