1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't be surprised if we trade Clint for Deandre Jordan this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Nov 13, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Never was a fan of him and still have yet to see his impact on winning positively all these years. As much as people think this guys a "superstar" when he's far from it

jayfree likes this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I know. **** hurts

Snow Villiers likes this.
  3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Y’all just want a trade for the sake of trading.. I’d rather pay Capela then trading for DJ or Cousins at the point.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is more talented than DJ
    He is more team oriented and has a better attitude than Cousins

Rocket River

5. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

deandre jordan sucks, i dont wanna another dwight on this team

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Um, the team is hard capped with only a few million to spare, we'd need to drop anderson as well, for nothing

and that really doesn't make us better.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Those Jordan free throws might be a nice edition to this team with few true weaknesses. We could use a good weakness.

ApacheWarrior and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Don’t be surprised if Harden is traded for Corey Brewer by season’s end

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've been saying since the start of the season. Same pattern with Capela every season. Improves in the offseason beyond expectations, starts sluggish, proceeds to impress for months, then mellows out, before putting in maximum effort in the playoffs. He's an excellent player, and if you were his boss his appraisal would be incredible every season he has been in the league.

There's also a point that has not been mentioned which is very important. Jordan has not been as good without Paul. Capela has improved defensively and offensively despite Bev - an all-nba first team defender - being gone and not yet replaced by Paul. Chris Paul is going to fuel Capela to at least maintain this performance. And I don't mean with alley oops. I mean Paul is the best defender on the Rockets and he will reduce the pressure of Capela having to clean up leaks to the basket. Moreover, Paul is clearly going to be our defensive leader, which will also help Capela (and the rest of the team) be more consistent and focused with his defense. THEN, there's the marginal improvement we'll see from Paul also helping Clint's offense, the way Harden does for Capela, and the way Paul has done for Jordan.

We need to STOP ignoring that this guy has been a monster in the offseason, exceeding expectations every season and seemingly a perfect teammate whether in the press or in the locker room. His chemistry with Harden MATTERS A LOT - yes you can slip an athletic guy into this system and they'll be good, but not nearly as good as Clint.

For Jordan, no way. Capela is going up and Jordan is going down - and right now, they have similar impacts on the game (and that's being diplomatic). Not to mention, Jordan is paid and will get paid far more for his worst years vs Capela's upcoming best years. For Cousins, I would certainly consider it if Cousins tells all other teams he will not re-sign with them, which drives his price down in a trade.

Just the fact that we are having this discussion speaks to Capela's steady improvement.

11. don grahamleone

Just an fyi, CP3 has said that he wants Clint to be the defensive leader that calls everything out. Paul can't see everything up top where he normally is. I could see CP3 being the vocal leader and leader during stoppages, but not during the plays. Not according to the man himself.

12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I think this is an excellent idea by Paul to instill confidence and encourage growth. But if you are choosing the defensive leader, then you are probably the defensive leader imo.

BigMaloe and don grahamleone like this.
  13. don grahamleone

LOL. For real. Also, good point.

BigMaloe and Mathloom like this.
  14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Deandre is good but at this point Capella has grown up and become a better player. If we were talking about trading for Cousins who could shoot the three and make free throws, it would be one thing... but I think Clint is starting to realize he isn't the skinny kid from Switzerland anymore. He's showing more assertiveness in being the biggest guy out there...

15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Troll thread please delete.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This ship sailed last season. Ain't gonna happen now. Would be a gift horse to the Clippers unless the Rockets gained a significant asset in addition to DJ.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love Capela, but you guys are crazy.

Demarcus Cousins is a filthy monster on the basketball court. Harden/Cousins combo = multiple titles in Houston.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

DeAndre Jordan right now:

Sitting on the bench in a tight game against the Clippers after FOULING OUT in 30 minutes with:
    2 points, 5 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 TO's, 1 blk

Embiid with 32/15.

Highly unlike Jordan, which tells me.... he is declining.

Deuce likes this.
  19. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Cousins, of course.

Jordan, hell no.

Capela is a superior player to Jordan right now and for the foreseeable future. And I like Jordan as person/Houstonian. But there is no way we'd do a Clint for DJ swap unless we get back Bev or something.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would if the clippers would also talk the hornets into trading cousins for Gordon. But that’s impossible for so many reasons. Lol