1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Standings Surprises

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikus, Nov 13, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think The Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, and Minny will be the top 4 seeds. GSW likely 1st...the others will fall where they may.

The rest 5-8...OKC will be there, Denver as well, Memphis very likely...leaving Portland, NOP, Clippers fighting for the last spot.

Jazz are going to miss Gobert a ton so will miss out I think.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The Indiana Pacers

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

theyre below .500. people are making it seem like the pacers are this good team when theyre not

4. Downtown Sniper

You're making it seem like the people said the Pacers are good team, which they haven't.

The comments are that the former teammates of Russell Westbrook are putting in good work, and the narrative that he had 'no help' last year is clearly wrong.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

why? just bc youre putting up some numbers on bad teams that dont translate to w's doesnt make you good. theres nothing impressive about that. it just means you're not good enough to be in that role

6. Downtown Sniper

If you think Oladipo and Sabonis could not 'help' Westbrook last season, than you don't understand the actual conversation that is being had here.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

they had plenty of opportunities to step up for okc. fortunately for houston they didn't step up enough

8. Downtown Sniper

Clearly you don't understand.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

clearly you think oladipo and sabonis are better than what they really are

10. Downtown Sniper

THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT!!!

They both are better than what they were.

They now have the chance to show what they really are since they aren't instructed to play to only allow Russ to shine.

Thank you for finally coming on board. I mean I know you thought you were actually proving your point and all, but thank you for finally seeing what the rest of us are saying.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks like someone doesnt understand. they are both better than what they were? really. hows that working out for indiana. oh a below .500 team. yeah thats not great. if you think putting up empty stats makes you better without winning then thats all you. get excited over that by all means

12. Downtown Sniper

And we're back to square one with you failing to understand, again. Try again to fit a narrative into what I'm actually saying.

At least tinman made things entertaining. This just feels bad.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yep. putting up stats even when you lose makes you a better player than what you previously were. got it

14. Downtown Sniper

Let me spell it out for you, even though I think at this point you're just being stubborn because you realise what a woeful turn you took this conversation.

No one, not one person, said the Pacers were a good team. You seem to think that was the case so I'll get that right out of the way.

No one, not one person, said putting up stats when you lose makes you a better player than what you previously were. You took a weird turn with that one, so I'll get that right out of the way too.

Last season, not one person on OKC lived up to their potential except Westbrook and I'd argue Adams. Do you know why (like mentioned earlier, I think you actually do). Because OKC were playing to let Russ shine. People were not allowed to play their actual games. Well, unless you think a professional player, coaching staff, organisation, truly believes the most successful way to play is to have your big men not try to gather rebounds. Now I know you have a penchant for going off on tangents so let me get in there first by saying - not one big man on the OKC roster is allergic to rebounds like Brook Lopez - this was a clear ploy by that team to - say it with me now - allow Russ to shine.

Now, moving forward three players have left that OKC team. Since you're so fixated on the Pacers I will forgo Enes Kanter.

Don't forget to keep in mind how I earlier said the whole Pacers were a good team thing? Just want to remind you of that before you mention it again.

I'm sure you just think it's a huge coincidence that the other two players who just left Russ, are all of a sudden legitimate NBA players capable of putting up numbers. Good team, bad team, it doesn't matter. Although it seems to be a factor for you, so let me just blow open your whole idea here. OKC were not a very good team last season either when they didn't put up numbers.

So where do we go from here? Nearly everyone has already reached this point but we've just go to get you over the line.

What makes Oladipo and Sabonis better players than what they previously were?:
    a) not playing with Russell Westbrook
    b) playing in a system whose sole intention is to make one player win an MVP award over team success
    c) all of the above

And now there's a fire alarm going off in my building so I'm out of here. Feel free to reply with other things I haven't said, or you surmise incorrectly about my post. I will reply when I get back.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

and this is exactly where youre being stubborn because it absolutely matters. how that doesnt matter to you is beyond me. thats a huge tell on how much of an impact putting up numbers translates to actual wins. so of course its a factor to me because its about winning at the end of the day

#35 YOLO, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  16. Downtown Sniper

How you still fail to understand the comment others, then myself made, is mind boggling.

There's nothing left to talk about when after numerous attempts you still can't grasp it.

I can now tell people I do know what it feels like to talk to a brick wall.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly. its funny how youre concerned about others when what ive said specifically is layed out right infront of you. enjoy those empty stats that make players better

18. Downtown Sniper

Now, what I've said specifically is laid out right in front of you. Heard those words before?

The funny thing is, I think you're being dead serious, and are this clueless.

I'll try one last failed hope before this brick wall gets put on the ignored list. Why don't you make a comment about what was actually said, instead of the little fake narrative scenario you've dreamed of in your head? I've tried to spell that out to you a couple of times but you won't budge (like I said before, because I think you truly deep down know how idiotic you appear in this whole exchange... that's what I hope at least)

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

dont worry oladipo and sabonis are better than they were. the numbers support it being on a bad team. :rolleyes:

20. Downtown Sniper

:D

Winner winner winner!

YOU WIN!

YOU WIN!

(you know those sounds gaming machines make? That's exactly what is happening at my desk right now)

It must be truly embarrassing to be asked repeatedly to stick to the comment made, but can never do it and instead trail off in another direction.

Where's that ignore function?