1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Oct 18, 2017.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

O ye of little faith. Dan Tony will always find a way to shorten the rotation. CP3 in? Somebody else out.

napalm06, Pluplue, Plowman and 2 others like this.
  2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

that's what I hope but has he ever had 9 man rotation?

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Chris Paul to return Thursday barring any setbacks:eek:

I wish I could just sleep through Tuesday and Wednesday so Thursday can get here faster!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That Thursday game is on TNT. I look forward to Shaq, Barkley, Kenny tell us how CP3 won't fit in and will destroy the team.

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Last year:

Bev
    Harden
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Capela

Gordon
    Brewer
    Dekker
    Nene

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The only change should be to Harden and EGo's minutes.
    It'll expand to 9. Paul let's us rest Harden and EGo a lot more. I'd also be interested in bringing down Ariza's minutes, there's no reason for him to be playing 35 minutes a night at his age. Maybe we can have our own death lineup with CP3/EGo/Harden on the floor at the same time, which would be incredibly hard to guard.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is what I'm interested in. An ultra small lineup with the 3 of them, Ariza and either PJ or Luc at center -- who is stopping that??

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

One day at a time. Be careful what you wish for. Time flys fast and you don't get it back.

True Rocket likes this.
  9. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

just had a thought if cp3 comes back and we get worse,

would you guys be ok with trading cp3 and ryno for anthony davis.

the pels get to resign demarcus cousins to pair with cp3 and we get anthony davis to pair with clint and basically replace ryno

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'll entertain that thought. Holy fk yes. How old is Davis? We'd have two stars and a beastly front line with Capela. And still have Gordon.

That's not a knock on CP3. Just long term would be good decision for the Rockets. Would never happen though.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why on earth would the Pelicans ever do that when CP3 is about to be a free agent? He’s already wanted out of their organization once before. I doubt CP3 would ever choose to re-up there, even with Boogie. CP3 wants to win, and that organization is too dumb to be trusted.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You don’t trade a top 5 player ever at a position that forced a trade to your franchise over a few regular season games.

That is the difference between GMs in the league and people playing GM on 2K

HakeemOnlyFan and Nook like this.
  13. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

true, i just hope harden and cp3 mesh well on the court

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Halftime highlights....
    EJ: Now we go to the highlights from the first half, there you see Chris Paul in his first game back since opening night tonight. (Chris Paul shaking hands at opening tip)
    Chuck: He may as well just stay out the game if he gonna just sit around and watch Harden
    Shaq: Huh-huh
    Chuck: Ain't like he got much do other than just watch him go one on one (clip of Harden lobbing to Capela plays)
    Kenny; That's the thing with Harden he creates, but he's a great artist and uses up the whole canvas and so there's no room for other creators
    Shaq: That's a waste of a great player right there.
    EJ: Anyway Harden leading all scorers with 23 in the first half as you see him hit the pull-up 3 there
    Chuck: Now listen, I love James Harden, and Mike D'Antoni is an excellent offensive coach, but ball movement. They don't have it Ernie --
    Kenny -Iso iso Iso. It's just Iso
    Chuck: -- they need to have ball movement and that's what a Chris Paul needs to step up and provide. That's why the Spurs are the real #2 in the west because they have the best ball movement and so their offense is better Ernie
    EJ: Well the Rockets do have the #2 offense..... (Eric Gordon hitting a 3)
    Kenny: Listen Ernie it's a great system when you're hitting shots, but, come playoff time if those shots don't go in and then you're just left with guys standing around. That's when you have a problem. That's the lesson that the Houstons and the OKC's have not learned and why it hasn't happend for them in the playoffs
    Shaq: They never gonna learn it. Never
    Kenny: And that's why the Warriors have such a great advantage, they understand that you can't be as one-dimensional as maybe a Houston or an OKC tends to get sometimes when their offense bogs down.
    Ernie: and so the Rockets go into halftime with a 19 point advantage, neck and neck with the Warriors for the best record in the West
    Chuck: It don't matter. They ain't gettin no homecourt
    Shaq: Don't matter.

#514 SamFisher, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We all do. And having to wait a month after beating GS made all of us extremely anxious

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

hahaha

But, you're making a big assumption that they even talk about the Rockets after the GSW v BOS first game of the night....especially if they have a 19 point lead at halftime.

Instead it will probably be this:

Otherwise, you nailed it.

#516 heypartner, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Why would NO do that when cp3 would just roll

DonKnock likes this.
  18. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

CP3 at this stage of his career is about trying t get that 200 million he set up for himself as the president of the players union, im not sure he gets that deal here in houston with his injuries and age

Mazulis likes this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would replace Moute with Capela or Black. Have two tough defenders/rebounders out there with the 3 scorers, and having Capela in there gives the offense extra dimension for pick n roll plays and alley oops - strains the opponent defense even more.

Plus with Capela, Tucker, Gordon and Paul out there our defense is SOLID despite the offense being explosive.

Against the Warriors I would switch it up though, I want to see Tucker guarding Green.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Chuck Nobody need to see highlights of this game here Ernie. It's too late man we need to go home.
    EJ: So the Rockets are just carving up the Suns on defense in this one
    Shaq Defense?
    Kenny Defense? Ernie they haven't played defense in Phoenix since Charles was there.
    Chuck The Phoenix Suns is not a real defensive team Ernie.
    Kenny They not much of offensive team either, I mean they've got Devin Booker but that's it
    Shaq That's it.
    Chuck Man Ernie, I don't understand sometimes why we gotta watch these games. I mean everybody know Phoenix ain't going nowhere this year and this is just nothing for them. Of course Houston gonna beat them. It's not like it gonna matter in May nobody's gonna remember this
    Kenny Espeically after the Spurs get Kawhi Leonard back and OKC starts to put it together. Then it's a different story out in the West.
    Shaq Totally different story.
    Chuck: Can we show the highlights of the first game? At least we get to see some real teams in there I don't care if I already seen it.