1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man it's possible

2. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

The classic Morey move would be to trade Gordon for a 1st round pick while his value is high, use that draft pick as a sweetener to help move Anderson, and then sign LeBron with the resulting cap space.

So now you have:
    PG: Paul
    SG: Harden
    SF: James
    PF: Tucker
    C: Capela
    Bench: Troy Williams, Nene, Zhou Qi

You would need to sign some vets to minimum deals like we did with Luc this year. Candidates would include Luc, Bobby Brown, Joe Johnson, and Marreese Speights. Would like to re-sign Ariza for the taxpayer MLE if he would take a pay cut to stay, but don't know about that. Maybe you can get this roster:

PG: Paul / Bobby Brown / 2nd round pick
    SG: Harden / Joe Johnson
    SF: James / Trevor Ariza / Troy Williams
    PF: Tucker / Marreese Speights / Zhou Qi
    C: Capela / Nene

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Gobert is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a bone bruise in his knee

all the people crying about CP3 as if his recovery time was abnormal are provided with yet another example of this type of injury sidelining a player for multiple weeks

Deuce, BigMaloe, Sean Dr34ms and 11 others like this.
  4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Yup. I was wrong. I was thinking more so they were hiding something from us.

SIL

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What I question is that he played in the first game despite the injury .

Why was he out there at all ?

6. valorita

valorita Member

Because if this was the playoffs, he would've played weeks ago.

7. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

Because game against GSW is something more than regular game.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Beat Warriors, Spurs, Memphis are important. Just let cp3 fully recover before let him to play

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

on the other hand, UTA has come out with the actual timeline and not started out with day-to-day like some front offices would :D

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. gotsis

gotsis Member

I think the issue isn't how long he is out, but the fact the organisation downplayed the injury and from day to day it suddenly became 4 weeks. Considering our history of doing this and the Yao, T-Mac, Motiejunas situations, it's fair that the way it was handled causes a bit of concern.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Eh. I get that releasing a hard timeline early is maybe comforting to some people, but if a player takes longer than the announced time to return, fans will worry that the injury is worse than originally reported; on the other hand, if the player comes back sooner, fans will worry that he's rushing back. Bottom line is, projecting when someone is going to return from injury isn't an exact science.

Anyway, I think that the Denver game on the 22nd would be a good return date to target. The team's off for three days leading up to it, and with the way they're rolling right now, there's no reason not to be cautious.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

as far as i can tell, our front office has never even stated the actual injury, a bone bruise. they've only listed it as a "left knee bruise". and this lack of transparency goes back decades, to at least OT's shoulder injury, and on to tmac, yao, etc, etc.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wait? Why did you include Motiejunas. You'd think both Lowry's infection and TJones nerve issue are better examples of downplaying. Did we downplay Motiejunas. We officially said right away, "Out 1-2 weeks, then reevaluated" ... then upon reevaluation, no wasted time to surgery. That's what you do with back injury -- stop activity, then reevaluate later. And you legally can't say anything else (regarding medical condition) without the Player's consent, certainly not worse-case speculation that could tarnish his image.

I Unlike your comment, because the Rockets literally got Sued for a million dollars by DMo for saying it was worse than he claimed. And he threatened to sue Detroit before that. We kept his slow rehab secret prior to the DET trade, because we knew he wasn't ready to play and needed to keep his value up. After that, DMo was a Free Agent and not even on the Rockets and we didn't say anything publicly, and we still got sued for "saying" too much.

not a good example

#493 heypartner, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    DonKnock and gotsis like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own DMo thread :cool:

DonKnock, hakeem94 and gotsis like this.
  15. gotsis

gotsis Member

Maybe I don't remember correctly, I was under impression that the first assessment of DMO, was there was no reason to be concerned and that he would probably play in the Playoffs. But I could be off (did a quick search, but didn't find news prior to the "out of the season" articles). But yeah, the Lowry example and T Jones works to defend that Rockets have a history of being secretive about injuries. Not that they are wrong, but it does cause the fanbase to get worried with situations like CP3 this year.

Anyway, hope he really comes back in the next two weeks.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Search RealGM. Or something on March 27th here. You’ll find the “out 1-2 weeks for back injury, to be re-evaluated after that.” Then he immediately get back surgery after that — like first or second week of April.

Note the Lowry and TJones examples are tricky, because they were so flukey. I don’t like to downplay the role of Medical Privacy laws in those cases. You must have Player Consent to release details. CBA only allows giving general reason, and procedure done and time frame to media. And those two cases literally have no good time frame for doctors to suggest, so flukey with wide range of outcomes.

In fact, Spurs got in a lot of trouble for saying Duncan was out “because of old age”. :cool:

gotsis likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

When CP returns, Dan Tony is forced into a bigger rotation right? our starting line up of
    JH
    CP
    Ariza
    RA
    Cap

Then of course EG, Nene/Black and he has to play Tucker and Luc right? Or do you think he'll bench one or the other and stick with the 8 man rotation?

NothingRhyMes and DonKnock like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Rockets have been playing so well . . no need to rush.
    Paul reminds me of Sam Cassell in that I think their knowledge of the game and ability
    to communicate it very important.

Rocket River

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

No he will definitely go with 9. He will likely start resting harden more to acclimate Paul and start seeing what sets and players he will work best with on that 2nd unit.

He will get a lot of burn with pj and especially luc considering the history and chemistry they already have.

Gordon will see added rest as well.

Nene/black are guarenteed 15 or so backup 5 minutes with a couple going to Ryan also.

Having cp3 back will reallllly help our depth and minutes distribution "problem"

DonKnock likes this.