1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I know what I was saying, I was talking about the struggles that fatherless children face. Weren't you paying attention?

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I don' recall you saying anything about those murderous bastatds in Charlottesville.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In this conversation? No, why would I have?

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because you'v spent a lot of time here adamantly bashing the kneelers. Im willing to bet you didn't spend half as much time on that other situation.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The other wasn't sports related and wasn't terribly interesting to me, so I didn't talk about it as much. I also didn't talk much about the violence in Myanmar or the new Marilyn Manson album along with hundreds of other things I'm sure.

When it comes to the kneeling BS, it's players on teams I support embarrassing themselves by being disrespectful sh*ts and what's worse is that they are doing so in order to push a false narrative. Turns out the politicization and ruination of the NFL is a bigger deal to me than the clash of awful people in some back woods town in North Carolina.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's only false narrative to someone who doesnt care. To the unbiased there's nothing false about it. Not even close.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's a false narrative no matter how much you care. I know this will surprise some people here, but people caring or not caring in no way alters facts. The kneeling BS was based on a false narrative surrounding police shootings based on facts which overrides what you might feel about it. It's okay though, I'm not going to expect that much when it comes to your everyday person knowing what is going on around them so I'm not going to continue that conversation here but there's plenty of places to have that kind of conversation in the D&D if you'd like.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Biased agendas are biased. Plain and simple. You'r not making any sense.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You not understanding doesn't mean I'm not making any sense. Plain and simple. As I said though, if you want to argue the merits of the false narrative behind the kneeling, there's a D&D for that.

10. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

State of the Texans until our savior returns
    [​IMG]

mikol13 and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No need to go to the D&D. I've already got you figured out. Either you are mentally ill or you would say anything to win an argument. No sane person would call unarmed people being killed a false narrative after seeing it played over and over on the tv.

eric.81 likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, and this is why ignorance ends up winning out.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Unfortunately there is no winning in this situation. We all lose.

red5rocket likes this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

hearing alot of speculation/discussion that McNair's comments may make it harder to attract free agents this offseason

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That was a given.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You're arguing with someone who's sole purpose on this forum is to take the opposite opinion. He doesn't actually have one of his own. He only latches on to the opposite of rational thought and runs with it. Arguing with him will get you no where.

As far as free agency goes, I can't imagine that McNair's idiotic comments would be anything other than a hindrance. They're going to have to overpay to get their guys...should they take an aggressive stance in free agency next off season.

mtbrays likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Been hearing rumblings about free agents not wanting to come here because of Mcnair's comment. That's a buncha.nonsense. Free agents will be lining up to come and play with Deshaun. The kid has championship written all over him.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Championship? With Bill O'Brien as coach?

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...w-coming-led-dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones

It's Goodell who now seems more willing to take risks, as if he realizes he has less to lose than before. He defied many owners, including Jones, and many league business executives by refusing to back a mandate that all players stand for the national anthem. His relationship with the union and some players has improved this fall; he is not merely serving as the puppet of the owners, as players have long suspected. A day after Outside the Lines reported that, in an owners-only meeting in New York, Texans owner Bob McNair said, "We can't have the inmates running the prison," McNair released a statement insisting that he was referring to league executives as inmates, not the players, drawing skepticism. According to sources, McNair asked Goodell to publicly back him up. Goodell refused.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Oh boy. So he lied?