1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What excuse will they use for denying Harden MVP this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ferrari77, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

no excuses that I know

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Harden should get his 3rd Western Conference Player of the Week tomorrow but we'll see...I can't think of another player in West who came close to playing as good as he did this past week. 3 Players of the Week in 4 weeks would be crazy but well deserved for Harden.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's cheap and his basketball is soooo boring.

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Once CP returns his numbers will go down, which honestly, I prefer. An MVP is great but I want a Championship. Only way that happens is for CP and Harden to play cohesively together.

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The answer is “too much help”

Really I don’t care and I’d be at least a little surprised if Harden is burned up about it anymore. Kobe only got one and it was a lifetime achievement award. If he was me, it would be all about a ring now.

What he’s doing right now though, it’s otherwordly and if no one wants to acknowledge it they can suck lemons. There are maybe what...5-7 players in the world capable of domination like this and he’s one of them. He’s deserved 2 already. MVP seems like lesser than what he deserves now. Lift this team up, take them to the promised land James. You’ll be this city’s MVP at least.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Harden won't win it this year because he performed at an expected level. He also won't win it because they will say he doesn't play defense. Kyrie or Giannis will win it this year. Kyrie will win it because he'll be the best player on ONE of the best teams, which Harden has done or Giannis will win it because he will be putting up historic numbers on, which Harden does every year.
    It's safe to say Harden won't win it because the media hates HOU so much because of their great success.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It would be criminal if Harden never won MVP.

MVP and FMVP incoming

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kyrie isn’t a serious candidate with that statline...Brad Stevens and their defense which is the best in the league by a wide margin are bigger reasons than Kyrie for why they’re winning games

Brad will win COY...Kyrie probably wouldn’t even make 2nd Team All-NBA

nothing about Kyrie’s season so far has been special to the point that he can win an MVP

Houstunna likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s too early in the season to predict
    But he’s the front runner for sure

As long as we have a great record he’ll win it

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Good god.. if Kyrie wins MVP while having a down year in points and assists like he is right now so help me....

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Westbrook's final push last year was on the back of wins against Phoenix and Orlando. 2 of the worst 3 teams in basketball last season.

They need very, very little to point to in order to fabricate sensationalism.

I also witnessed nauseating amounts of confirmation bias, so the fact that Giannis and Kyrie are getting talked about now by the NBA "intelligentsia" means they will leave no stone unturned to find something to point to so that they can pat themselves on the back and say "look how right we were!"

Deuce and don grahamleone like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Said in both 2015 and 2017 to no avail

Media will do what they do

Deuce, DonKnock and BigShasta like this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barkley thinks harden should win it

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t think they can get away with pushing someone like Kyrie as a legitimate MVP candidate. Not even the casual fans would buy a guy averaging 20, 3, and 5 as a legit MVP. He would have to up those numbers considerably and have a couple of memorable, signature type games. Kyrie isn’t even a lock to do better than All-NBA 3rd Team tbh. Russ at least had a historic accomplishment to help make his case. Giannis is the big threat to me. His numbers are ridiculous, and they could probably get away with giving him an MVP if the Bucks finished around 3rd in the East and won close to 50 games.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You guys are to pessimistic.

I get it Iv been let down on two occasions with the damn award but Harden deserves and MVP and I think the voters get that.

He's been by far the best player in the NBA and has the rockets in the 1 seed without their second best player who's a superstar himself.

As long as cp3 comes back and the team keeps winning at this rate harden will win because his stats are still going to be the same with cp3 playing, I don't understand why ppl think they will go down.

The narrative will be his historic great numbers and the fact that with cp3 pit for the first 15 games harden kept the team in the 1 seed.

Seriously though harden has been breaking and tying records that only Jordan Lebron and wilt have ever done and he's been doing that for years. I don't get why media and fans don't realize that harden is one of the greatest players ever. He's that special.

Just gotta win that ring I guess.

ElPigto likes this.
  16. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Yeah, they will be looking for their next guy just to make sure Harden will be runner-up at best

Vivi likes this.
  17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

What's criminal is how he gets so much negative publicity. It's really crazy. You look at the other players on his level and it's not even nearly the same things being said. Durant, kinda deserved his grief for bailing on OKC and joining the Warriors. Lebron is a gigantic baby about everything. Russell Westbrook gets so much love for being the guy you don't want to play with and look at that super team flail about... Curry is like the little rich kid. Who else? Kawhi is great but really isn't above James. Giannis people love because he's the Greek freak! Wow he's tall! A Slam dunk neato!

And then you see James' commentary. Oh he's just flops and doesn't play defense. Not he's fearless going to the cup. Not hey, you know, he really does get hacked like basically every play. Not hey look, he just dropped ANOTHER 27 footer in someone's grill. Kyrie getting love for handles when really he just won't pass the rock. James? Does he even dribble the ball? James isn't even a point guard. No, he's just like one of the best ever but you're right he's not even a point guard.

Are we really not going to mention how Harden is playing pretty good defense this year? I mean, seriously though, if he's playing good D that's it. There's literally nowhere else he can impact the game.

Cash Cam, DonKnock, Houstunna and 2 others like this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. Minnesota Timberwolves
    2017-18 record: 7-5

Jimmy Butler shines. According to player tracking data from Second Spectrum, Butler averages 7.7 miles per hour getting back in transition, first in the NBA among the 79 qualified players. On the other end is James Harden, who rates the slowest in getting back in transition among our qualified players. -- Micah Adams

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

DonKnock and RocketsTruth like this.
  20. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I honestly don’t care about the regular season MVP, I only care and desperately want Harden to win the finals MVP..we watch the greatness every day and I truly am thankful we get to watch one of the best ever to do it.

Number 34 is still the best Rocket ever, however if Harden brings even 1 championship and continues to play his contract out at this level, that spot would be in jeopardy....