1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Clint Capela really the answer at the C position?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 13, 2017.

?

Is Clint Capela really the answer at the C position?

1. Yes- Its just preseason

155 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. No- Upgrade needed by the deadline

63 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He now has his timing on when to drop into the lane to get the rebound, that's been a huge improvement to the team's rebounding in general. You're always going to give up some orebs, but it's meant we're not really giving up the ones which were our own fault.

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Bobby Brown?

Os Trigonum and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

He's not bolting anywhere, we can and will offer him more than any other team...

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

:D

Happy to hear this! Wasn't aware he was restricted.

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I feel some type of way about maxing him out. He's not a cornerstone or franchise player. If harden goes down he can't carry the defense, offense, or team to competitive basketball.

Pen15clubber and saleem like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yep, that's why he isn't a max player.

7. Light Vessel

Light Vessel Member

Actually you look dumb as hell, and a bigot. Big surprise.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

He is growing into a major part of the team. Seems to progress from game to game.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is looking like a superstar.

jcmoon and BigMaloe like this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Bigot how?o_O

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Need to trade him for Nerlens Noel, who cannot get on the court for the worst team in the league, quickly!

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He misses a lo of bunnies around the rim. He pulled a nice Dream fake tonight and came up short on the baby hook.

13. rocketseagles07

DNP tonight, at least the jazz are going to finish top 4 or close to it like holic told us the would so he's shooting 50%

topfive likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gotta long way to go, it's good to see him experimenting out there.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He was 9/12 and is shooting 70% on the season, he misses some but I wouldn't say a lot.

He's not a scorer, he's never been a scorer, when he makes post shots or scores off of putting the ball down and driving it's a very pleasent surprise. He is, and will likely always will be a D.Jordan/T.Chandler type of player, great rebounding, great finishing dunks and layups, great shot blocking. Theres nothing wrong with that either IMO, those are the top things I would want from a center on this team.

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Da ***? He’s shooting .689 leading the league in FG%. If you want see his biggest improvement it’s exactly the opposite of your take. I said from day one when I saw him. Great footwork and soft hands. You don’t realize how hard that combination is to find in a 6’10”+ frame. He did exactly what was needed wich was bulk up and build his core. Kid is a stud and is developing nicely

Bo6, Rocket River, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Looks like we found @DaGreatest new account

Os Trigonum and Snow Villiers like this.
  18. Cash Cam

Cash Cam Member

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

According to my eye test, Clint is doing exactly what the Rockets need him to do: Protect the rim, rebound, finish and be decent defending PnRs and post-ups.

His rebounding in traffic has improved dramatically, he is a better finisher, his FT shooting in better, his PnR defense is better and his fundamentals on post defense are at another level as compared to last year. I think his adjustment against Kanter in games 4 and 5 was a permanent turn.

Clint will never be a superstar but he's an integral part of this team now. Unless Morey can get LeBron, he has no choice but to re-sign Clint next summer. Letting him walk for nothing would be suicide.

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Makes me wonder if Capela's production is replaceable. A lot of Capela's success is due to a system that asks him to play to his strenghts, and James Harden. I would still pay him. Morey seems to value chemistry more and will do what it takes to keep Harden Happy. In the past I could see him trading Clint for a veteran star, and then signing someone as a FA (Noel), or drafting a foreign replacement.