1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Rams

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Simple question for you. Is Savage a better QB than Kaepernick? Yes or no?

Tomstro likes this.
  2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Once Watson went down, the season was for all intents over. All that's left now is waiting for the final won-loss record. I'm still banking on 5-11. I also see BoB comming back as he has a built-in excuse for failure for the season and he can make a good argument with all of the injuries. Because I was an Oiler fan growing up, none of this fazes me in the least because I've already been drug through Hell many times by Bud Adams and Co. And looking on the bright side - at least I don't have to watch the HC do his cutrate Elvis impersonation.

Rocket River and edwardc like this.
  3. edwardc

edwardc Member

If he won't answer i will Hell to the naw Kap is ways better.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No. They are both below replacement level players and Savage is the better passer while Kap is much more mobile...but he's also a guy bad enough to get outplayed by Blaine Gabbert. You might as well pick up Johnny Manziel.

The only reasons anyone thinks Kap is worth a damn is because of politics and the fact that he hasn't played recently enough to remind people that he sucks. If not for the first thing, no one would even remember him.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You never answered my question... Did Kap put up a fake 16 TD, 4 INT, 91 QB rating last season? How can you suck and do that in the NFL? Can Savage ever do anything close to that?

adw and edwardc like this.
  7. Mr. Space City

LOL @ taking quarterback analysis from a guy who said brock osweiler was not a bad quarterback and who said watson was not an nfl caliber passer.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Seriously. Bobby has no credibility especially when it comes to evaluating QBs

adw and Mr. Space City like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get it, you saw last season when the Niners were trying to tank and thought "Wow Kap is a really great QB" meanwhile every Niners fan and every GM in the NFL saw the same and thought "Wow, Kap has no business being a QB in the NFL". It happens. We went through something similar to this with Vince Young when his fans maintained that his 10 TD's and 3 interceptions and a 98.6 qb rating his last season with the Titans was proof that he was an awesome QB while everyone else realized that he was absolute garbage that had no place in the league.

Being that I've essentially done this before, I know that you guys won't even be convinced because love is blind so there's really no point trying to talk sense into you.

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Thank you sir for speaking the truth the man is better than anything we currently have.

11. rezdawg

Again, not one person thinks Kap is the savior... But he's better than anyone on the roster. The point is that just bc Kap isn't a top tier QB doesn't mean we should just continue putting out a terrible product.

BTW, I live in SF and watched Kap quite a bit. Savage doesn't do one thing better than him. There is now a large enough sample size from Savage to understand this.

If the Texans had a first round pick, I'd be fine rolling with Savage...but the Texans have absolutely no incentive to lose.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know, I know, you think Vince Young would help this team but you have to understand that while you might whole heartedly believe that, it doesn't make it true. Plenty of Vince Young fans elsewhere thought that he'd help their teams, and they were proven wrong again and again.....and this Vince Young hasn't gotten a chance to fail anywhere but San Francisco, and that's why his fans hold out hope that he might not suck if given another chance.

Again, we've been through this before and it wasn't that long ago. .

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If the Texans cared about football in any sense, they would sign Kaepernick. It's a complete waste of time playing Savage. Kaepernick running the offense would at least prepare the rest of the team for next season with Deshaun. Dumbing down the offense and wasting the time of everyone else on the team for a complete nobody like Savage is stupid and selfish.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In fact, if you go back and look at some of the old VY threads, you find that there's a lot of overlap between VY truthers and Kap truthers.

15. rezdawg

No, I dont think Vince Young can help this team....Kap showed success last season. The ONLY reason he isnt on a team is because of his political stance.

You'd think after your flop with Osweiler (continuing to make excuses for him despite weeks of evidence to the contrary)...and your insistence that Watson wouldnt be a good NFL QB for a long time (if he worked really hard and really improved)...you'd take a step back from QB analysis.

Yeah, lets just keep rolling with Savage.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, I just pointed out to you that Kap showed less success last year than VY did his last season in Tennessee.....so you are just seeing what you want to see much like the VY fans were seeing what they wanted to see back then.

Funny enough, it's some of the same people who were pimping out VY back when who are here pimping out Kap. You'd have thought they would have learned something....apparently not.

17. rezdawg

Did you actually watch Kap last season? You have no clue what you're talking about.

Do you think Savage could come close to a 4:1 TD:INT ratio? Are you suggesting that it's better to just stick with Savage for the remainder of the season?

And just for the record, if you can find any post about me pimping out VY, I will send you on a trip to Hawaii on me.

18. rezdawg

Bolded the key here...Savage or Yates at QB is completely counterproductive.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I actually watched last season, he was awful. Again, the VY fans were drooling over his 10 td's to 3 interceptions and nearly 100 QB rating....how'd that work for them? Hint: you hyping up Kap's stats from last year won't get you any further for EXACTLY the same reason.

Yes, I'm suggesting that it's better to just stick with Savage and Yates for the remainder of the season because it doesn't matter anyway. The team isn't going anywhere this season and the QB situation is fine in the future. There would be no benefit whatsoever in bringing in a different scrub QB with a ton of baggage....even if you like his politics.

I mean, even if you were right and Kap was miraculously a marginally better QB than Savage or Yates.....so what? You win what, 1 or 2 more games? That's your best case scenario and the only "benefit" is ending up with a slightly worse picks in the draft. Not really much of an argument to take on that baggage now is there?

20. rezdawg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T7HtXm5RQ1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bobby, tell me how many of these plays Savage can pull off...

(if the embed works)