1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. CallMeTheDream

Completely out of line, he should be fired immediately. Not his place to tell players what to stand for, especially if this is a public school. Only academic conduct should be a deciding factor on if a kid stays on the team; no pass no play.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like a private school. If the rules were clearly stated before hand and they still chose to break the rules then I have no problem with them being removed from the team. Don't agree with having them strip on sidelines, take their jersey and helmet and send them to the showers.
    Every team has a code of conduct and rules in place, if they chose to break any of those policies then there's no real discussion here. It's the coaches team period, they have the right to do what they want but that doesn't mean if they break rules that anyone is free from consequences.

Vin2k2 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Can't see anything wrong with that other than they shouldn't have had to drop their pants since they didn't have a school logo on them. It's good that someone cared enough about those little bastards to at least try and teach them the lesson that their actions have consequences when they are young.....I don't think it's a coincidence that while we heard from one of their mothers, we didn't hear from the father of either.....and I'd be willing to bet that they haven't heard from him either assuming they even know who he is.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

How is this relevant to the story?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, it could at least partially explain the character flaws in the 2 kids that got them kicked off the team. Basically there might not be a story if not for one or both of their parents failing them.

6. Malaya

Malaya Member

It's his team, it's his money.

He can hire whoever he wants. No law that any NFL team has to hire Kaepernick. Just like no one can tell any player not to protest.

As a fan, we have the right to support or withdraw support for any team.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wow. Show us your true colors...

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah but your the one saying not to stereotype. Of course you dont have the heart or open state of mind to look at a persons unfortunate situation (especially children that didn't ask to be here) and come to the understanding that it already takes much more strength, determination and discipline to be committed to any task without having a figure within the family tree. All of this just goes without saying how your responses/comments represent what you truly stand for. Someone that really needs a come to Jesus meeting.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You'v been waiting for a reason to spew this junk haven't you. I'm glad you finally got your chance to show how you really feel about certain people.

csj and Two Sandwiches like this.
  10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i'm going to apply the bobby approach to stereotyping and say your life off clutchfans involves a lot of cheetos, mountain dew and minimal interaction with the opposite sex.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

....Is there something you think I said that is inaccurate? Fatherless children are more prone to having all sorts of problems. They are 5 times more likely to commit suicide when they are young, they are 32 times more likely to run away from home, they are 20 times more likely to show signs of behavioral disorders, they are 9 times more likely to drop out of high school. 71% of pregnant teenagers grew up without their father....

I mean, I didn't say anything controversial at all.

It's not a stereotype, it's what the numbers show to be the case. Fatherless children struggle much more than other children when it comes to a range of things and especially when it comes to things involving behavior or violence.

It's not "how I feel", it's just the facts kiddo.

LOL, you not liking the facts is no reason to throw a temper tantrum.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Don't attempt to hide your feelings behind numbers dude.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, with the "feelings", it's not a "feel" issue, it's simply the facts kiddo. Fatherless children face all number of disadvantages and are more likely to end up being raised wrong, there's no "feels" to it. It's just how it is.

14. Two Sandwiches

He says he didn't say anything controversial. Lol

The dude is so butt hurt by people kneeling that for him, two young black dudes decide to kneel, and suddenly they probably don't know their fathers so they're more likely to commit suicide , run away from home, and knock up chicks in high school.

Yeah, to someone as blinded by the offensive nature of their crimes, that probably doesn't seem like a huge leap.

The difference between them and Bobby, is that at least they're still young and can lean on the fact that they're young as to why they did something so dumb. They still have time to age and mature.

csj, DAROckets and the11mingdynasty like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't.

It's pretty clear that someone failed those kids when they were growing up, and it's likely that they grew up without a father and that was probably part of the problem. If their fathers were in the picture, you'd likely have had them speak out like the mothers did.

Again, none of what I said was controversial, but I guess I could see how it could trigger those who grew up without fathers or people who abandoned children themselves. I dunno.

16. Two Sandwiches

You didn't. But you said something so ignorantly moronic that it's stupidity has only been topped on this BBS by that one time you posted a picture of white "Kaepernick".

Clearly this topic triggers you, and you suddenly develop the IQ of a three year old.

Come on. You're better than that. Be better.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You really seem like the person triggered here kiddo. What I said was something likely true that is backed by statistics....and you haven't even attempted to dispute any part of it. Instead you just made an emotional response to it. I mean, I'm not sure why that triggers you, but it's certainly not my fault as what I said wasn't controversial.

18. Two Sandwiches

What you said was racist and idiotic. I called you out for it.

Not sure why you consider that an emotional response that is not disputing you. There's no disputing what you said. Everyone knows it was idiotic.

Your defense of that statement is cute, though, bucko.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, racist? I never even mentioned race at any point with what I said....unless you think "fatherless children" is a race. If you do, hate to break it to you slick, but they aren't.

At least you said one accurate thing though, there's simply not disputing what I said given that it's based on fact.

20. Two Sandwiches

You know what you were saying.

Now you're playing dumb. Doesn't take much effort at all, though.

That's all I'll say about this topic. I don't enjoy arguing with a wall. Especially when the wall is this dense.