1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nerlens Noel traded to Dallas for Justin Anderson, Andrew Bogut, first round pick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Feb 23, 2017.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Rick Carlisle don't play. In a battle of wills (with players), he always wins.

Not saying he's trying but if Noel thinks he can force a trade to a better situation, I got news for him.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That could be one reason, but why was Dallas so eager to sign him? now Nerlins is trash, and not good enough to play all of sudden because he bet on himself? fishy stuff.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

A lot of crappy players get bad deals. He is so unskilled on the offensive side. He doesn't seem like he hustles. What does he bring to the table?

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Hey, at least Rick calls it like it is. D'Antoni has never answered to the whole Bobby Brown & Canaan situation as well as not giving Troy some minutes with Mbah out. Rick over MDA in terms of honesty.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#YuleC

ElPigto and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nerlens is consistently out of position on defense going for steals.

His future is not looking good. The filthy crack house stuff was the most alarming, IMO.

#326 RudyTBag, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Nook likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

They're obviously not on the same page anymore, he's gone and they know it, i saw this happen when he signed the qo.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I forgot Noel signed his Qualifying Offer. Basically, this is not only a battle of wills, but Noel *must* get back onto the court, or he can only lose value ... this is a contract year. Carlisle could be saying, "start playing for realz, or you will end up like Motiejunas with DNPs that lead to you signing in China."

I also forgot that Noel has to accept any trade, and if he does, he loses his Bird Rights, as if he signed as a free agent. In other words, the CBA prevents a loop-hole....players can't refuse to sign with anyone as a Restricted Free Agent, take the QO, then force a trade that retains their Larry Bird rights for their summer signing.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Wasn't he caught smearing poop on the walls?

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Yeah then Carlisle walked in and they got it on film.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Still, he is much better than he has played thus far.

I'd personally love to see him with the Bucks.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. BackdoorHarden

He just doesn't give a "SHLLLLLLT" anymore...literally

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I dont think its fishy. I just think noel hasnt earned playing time and isnt as good as he was hoping to be. Dallas dodged a bullet.

I dont think dallas has a vested interest in decreasing his value because they want him off the team and wont even offer him a contract at this rate

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He's trying to get released. This is open warfare now.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dallas is going to throw a huge offer at Capela is my bet.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think there is bad blood. He doesn’t give a duck and is being outwardly combative and Carlisle doesn’t give af and has benched him as a point.

I think he is surely better than what he has shown this year. Whoever takes a chance on him this next contract will likely get a good bargain contract for a player who will likely be trying to prove himself.

18. Daddy Long Legs

Yep. Mark cuban loves to pick at houston. Wish GSW had teams trying to pick at them instead of everyone helping them out all the time.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Unless LeBron or PG come to the Rockets, Morey will match and snatch. He's already said as much and Capela's performance isn't giving him any second thoughts.

20. Daddy Long Legs

Oh i absolutely agree there is bad blood and he is better than what he has shown. Rick is a prideful coach who will not tolerate anything that he perceives as disrespect.

I just dont think that qualifies as fishy or a hidden agenda. It falls right in line with ricks agenda to run a tight ship, if noels contract value diminishes rick doesnt give a damn.

Im just saying its not a conspiracy with the only intent being to diminish noels value so that the mavs can resign him for cheap.

BigMaloe likes this.