1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What excuse will they use for denying Harden MVP this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ferrari77, Nov 10, 2017.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I actually think the media will reward Harden this year.

It's undeniable how great of a player this guy really is.

He's alltime transcendent HOF level and should be rewarded with atleast 1 MVP.

But He needs a ring also if he wants to move into a serious debate as the 3rd best SG of alltime behind Jordan and Kobe.

I loved wade and he was great but the more I think about the more I think what harden is doing as better than what wade did in his prime plus harden as the 1 option wins more games than wade.

But I can't argue with wades 3 rings so I understand why ppl would still favor wade.

But his peak was early and very short lived tbh.

Houstunna likes this.
  2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

They talked about it on The Starters, except they didn't even talk about it.

The award is stupid anyway because nobody knows what it stands for

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

4. riko

riko Member

Even Broussard mention on undisputed Harden is the number one and the undisputed choice for the MVP right now despite Kyrie's efforts right now.

#44 riko, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is one way to make a Great Stew.

DonKnock and Houstunna like this.
  6. arubato

arubato Member

Kyrie's "improved" defense.
    Giannis is the next LeBron.

3rd MVP runner-up finish for Harden.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I heard him say that too, and he sounded pretty definitive about it

8. ilias

ilias Member

If we win 57+, Harden will be the favourite for the MVP. For Giannis to have a chance the Bucks need to crack 50 wins (45-26 rest of season), it won't happen. Kyrie's stats put him out of contention, and Boston will regress. Lebron has a shot if the Cavs pull it together and finish in the top 2 in the East. It's his last chance to win the award, he is owed at least one, so there is a good story there and the stats to match the story. Durant is a dark horse if the Warriors win 70+ (could still happen) and they are 10+ wins ahead of everyone.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

That will never happen because ESPN is the ones that make 30 for 30

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This guy, Kevin Arnovitz, is an agenda setter.
    Well “respected” opinion in BSPN. Huge Westbrook supporter last year.

Kevin is also a gay man, and he has the hots for Giannis. Doesn’t like Harden at all.

This is the origin point as Zach Lowe takes a lot of his ideas from frequent talks with Arnovitz and tons of media take their talking points straight from Lowe

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...iannis-antetokounmpo-bucks-plan-take-warriors

#50 DonKnock, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He plays for a commie marketing team... damn that b*stard!!! Just blatant racism is what will happen. Especially since Trump is the prez..

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sadly Harden cannot control his his mvp voting. He can control winning it all, he has the talent and potential. He has the team and the coaching. And most importantly he has the strip clubs. Go Stros!, I mean Rockets!!! Let’s make another parade...

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone is in love with Kyrie Irving! That is the problem Harden faces....if he can just dominate and win the West it might help his chances.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, like others said i can see them giving it to Giannis this year but watch out for when Kawhi comes back, you know the media narrative was going to be on him if he wasn't out, if the Spurs start winning when he'll be back and they end the season in top 3 you know it's going to be all about "best two way player in the league...came back and led his old team to the top...bla bla".

Also, i never thought about it, but if the Celtcis somehow manage to end the season at the top of the East (which is pretty much a given) they might be capable to give it to Irving cause "he left Lebron and suddenly led his new team to the top bla bla" which would be pathetic but yeah...the MVP race has been pathetic for years so...

The only way i can see Harden winning it is if the Rockets end up with the best record in the league or maybe second after the Warriors IF Harden will have better numbers than Durant and Curry.

slothy420 likes this.
  15. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

1.Golden State have a better record
    2.Kyrie has more wins (East doesent matter)
    3.Kawahi has a worse supporting cast
    4.Lebron takes the cavs to number 1 seed
    5. Hardens Beard is too long

all stories the media can work with just like the RW supporting cast BS..
    The RW triple double bs when it only equated to avg 2 more rebounds than james
    they will find a way to deny this man believe it

16. Rockets4Life13

They've fked up his season stats.

They've swapped Rebounds and Assists so that he looks selfish with 4.4 Assists.

Adam Silver... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Amirite @RocketsTruth

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cp is worth 10 snipers alone, and so is harden, so they both have at least 15 snipers to pass to at any given time of the game

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

True they did and I thought they made some good points. His stats are better than last year and the MVP seems to go to ISO players which is why Harden has been a standout in recent years. The unknown is when CP3 comes into the lineup.

19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Voter fatigue

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Giannis is getting a lot of buzz.

Kyrie will get manufactured buzz.

Harden will never win an MVP.