1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Bregman on Jim Rome

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Stormy1234, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

2. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Jim Rome still has a show?

macho87 and Rox225 like this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Came to post this.

macho87 likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Did he tell the story where he wasn’t in the lineup one game and he was mad about it so he went to talk to Hinch? Hinch said he put everyone’s name in a hat and the name he drew was getting the day off. Bregman said, “so, you picked my name?” Hinch said, “no, I picked Correa’s but I put it back in the hat and picked again”. Bregman laughed.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Copied and Pasted from OP...

A week after defeating the Los Angeles Dodgers in seven games to win the World Series, Houston Astros third Baseman Alex Bregman is still on cloud nine. The 23-year old joined The Jim Rome Show on Friday, and still wasn’t tired of hearing the words, “Alex Bregman, world series champion.”

“It sounds amazing, and its sounds right. I mean that’s something you dream about as a little kid,” Bregman told CBS Sports Radio. “That’s something you always want to accomplish and hopefully next year, you start two-time, and then the next time, three-time, and hopefully we have a dynasty here in Houston.

The second overall selection in the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft, Bregman said that the team set their expectations at a world championship, and he believes more great years are ahead for the Astros.

“I think everybody in the game of baseball, especially on our team, believes in themselves. And you have to if you want to play at a high level,” Bregman said. “And I definitely believe our team was good enough to accomplish what we accomplished, and hopefully, were pretty young, so were going to be good for a long time.”

Throughout the postseason, Houston’s offense came up with clutch hit after clutch hit, never blinking even when they were pushed by both the Yankees and the Dodgers. That’s something Bregman credited to his manager A.J. Hinch and the Astros coaching staff.

“A.J. Hinch has been unbelievable. They put so much pressure on us in practice that when the pressure situations come in the game we feel normal, we feel comfortable,” Bregman said. “So our coaching staff does a great job of preparing us, and then my teammates our unbelievable. So to be honest with you, when you put pressure on yourself in practice, and you prepare the way we prepare, I think everybody on our team felt very comfortable.”
    [​IMG]

msn, Malaya, the shark and 2 others like this.