1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

*Another* Star Wars Trilogy Announced

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

RIAN JOHNSON, WRITER-DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, TO CREATE ALL-NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY

For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

Deuce and Yung-T like this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

It would be kinda cool to tell the original story again but from all new characters with only hints of the originals.

Like maybe it is rebel focused and in one scene you see luke and vader dueling off in the distance, but they are never a focus.

eric.81 likes this.
  3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Could be Old Republic stuff.

DudeWah and Yung-T like this.
  4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

As long is it not a trilogy on the life of Jar-Jar from galactic tadpole to rebel hero, I'll probably be in.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Depends. Is is the goofy misdirection of Mesa Annie's friend? Or is it the TRUE origin of the most powerful Sith in the prequels?

6. 713

713 Member

Last Jedi must be really effin good for Disney to do this. I can't be more excited for December 15.

eric.81, Caesar, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like the Star Wars universe.

But SURELY, there's another sci-fi universe out there to explore that's unique.

I mean James Cameron made a gazillion dollars when he did a pretty decent one.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I wonder how much they can milk it before the fanboys fatigue.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, there is. The universe of intergalactic garbage men.

The species is sooo advanced, they have garbage men driving around piloting ships, for godsakes.

[​IMG]

Deckard, nono and JayZ750 like this.
  10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Will probably never end.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This seems more like an idea for their spin-offs, similar to Rogue One. Maybe show a young Wedge and the X-Wing squads doing some damage.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Most people want to see this, would be great.
    They should also bring in Bastila Shan from the first game, I had teh hots for her.

DudeWah and Severe Rockets Fan like this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Put me in the group that thinks they should have filmed a Thrawn story.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just bought the first book, hope it's as good as people are saying.

15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

gungans > ewoks

jar jar > wicket

16. Nero

Nero Member

It's wide open really.

This is essentially a fantasy universe with sci-fi elements, with some specific ancient history as a framework.

As Obi-Wan says, 'For a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice throughout the galaxy..'

A thousand generations is a lonnnnng time. You could literally make up entire legends from scratch and they would fit entirely into that one sentence. We don't need to see any more 'origin' stories, they can just use the universe we know and tell some awesome stories within it.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They can do it forever as long as the movies are consistently good, same as the Marvel movies.

RedRedemption likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That would be the best because there's some really good stuff there and not that many people know about it.

RedRedemption likes this.
  19. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I hope it’s more of the Sith’s story. The Darth Plaguis book was really good I thought...the Darth Bane books were okay...there is a lot of material they could use. Just no damn Ewoks or Gungans ffs.

Pole and peleincubus like this.
  20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Disney paid a ton for Lucasfilm, they are determined to get that money back ASAP.