1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign QB Josh Johnson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by texian, Nov 7, 2017.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This team will win a Superbowl with Watson. Multiple. Maybe as soon as next season.

2. Buck Turgidson

When are you going to let this go? When they fire BoB and Rick?

We know they traded draft picks, lots of draft picks. We know they are blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ****ing blah....

What do you want them to do, *this season*, that will make you happy?

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yep, when they fire Rick and Bill. Dunno why people are ok with such a crappy front office. How do people think the Astros won?

Texans are currently in the position the Astros were late in Draytons tenure

#123 Mr. Clutch, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  4. Mr. Clutch

He needs help. No QB won without great teams around them, not Brady or Manning or Montana.

But Texans, as smart as they are, will continue to do the opposite of what smart teams do in managing assets

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Will he ever even play a down?

Rocket River

6. Mr. Clutch

Yes, savage will get benched at halftime

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

bro, seriously what a stupid question. do you watch sports news? do you read sports sites and forums? the info all over the ******* place. football is not the most important thing for Kap. his social principles are way more important and more power to him but nfl teams don't want guys who aren't all in.[/QUOTE]

Yet you have not answered my question??? How do you know??

You are going off of Third party info? You have no ideal what his principles are desires are...

The info that you read sometimes is from that authors view and not from the source... I know because I have relatives and friends that have played in the NBA, NFL and MLB... I have asked them, did you say that and over half the time they would say NO.. They were either misquoted or it's was from the author's perspective.

So unless you got your info directly from Kap, then that is your opinion only.

T_Man

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He got political, inflammatory, socks at practice which means he thinking about other things than football on practice days. He wears communist, castro, che, swag to press conferences which means he thinking about other things than football on game days. He protesting pre-game which means he thinking about other things than football on game day. He backed up a ho who lost him an NFL QB job with the Ravens instead of dropping that ho and getting a job as a NFL QB. He suing the league instead of trying to get back in the league. He could be working out, inviting media to workouts, making/sending tape to teams, you know hustling. I could go on and on... He doing everything but the **** he need to do to get back in the league.

It was always my opinion based on his conscience decisions to use his time and mind for non-football tasks during football seasons and football events. Everybody know you want to be an elite QB in the NFL you gotta immerse yourself, go all in. If you don't you don't last. Ask Johnny football who did the same (not fully buy in) but in a way different manner. His ass out the league too.

#128 ipaman, Nov 9, 2017
    AirPower likes this.
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Moving on...

#129 Hank McDowell, Nov 9, 2017
  10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Only way is if Savage and Yates both go down.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They've got TJ splitting 1st team reps so it looks like they're preparing for the inevitable.

12. AirPower

AirPower Member

And, on top of all that, he's not that good. He peaked in 2012-2013 and has gone downhill ever since. To me he looks like a mobile version of Osweiller, but maybe a little bit better.

Would I take a flier on him at $1M? Maybe. Would I pay him high end backup or starter money? On his performance alone I wouldn't do that, add in all the other BS that will come with him and the answer would be HELL NO.

He's a backup, and my guess he doesn't view himself that way and doesn't expect to be paid that way.

13. alethios

alethios Member

TJ will probably get snaps before this guy does.

14. Mr. Clutch

I don't see the point. I think the idea is to run plays that were successful with Watson

15. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

You nailed it!

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

EXACTLY!!! Your opinion.. You have no ideal of what his mind set is...

Now if you don't like him or his game then cool... But don't try to say things as if you know him on a 1 on 1 basis.

T_Man

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Josh Johnson Era is over.

TejasTom likes this.
  18. texian

texian Member

Mission accomplished, the heat has died down.

Still need a 3rd QB. Hope they can swing getting the guy in BUF, but the way Peterman played I'm not so sure.

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Tyrod? Tyrod’s getting starter money

20. ballgame

ballgame Member

Sign Jerod Evans to the Practice Squad and get it over with