1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

My opinion of BtG is colored (yuck yuck yuck) by what he has said here (Texans football forum) and over in the D&D forum. When I combine what he said about Black Lives Matters (D&D) with what he said about the Duane Brown holdout, I get to my opinion. You may not agree. That's cool. Make up your own mind.

playalistic and Mr. Clutch like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It depends on who you ask, for many the goal is to stop the players from embarrassing themselves and disrespecting the flag and the country as a whole with their ridiculous kneeling BS that is based on false narratives and get them to focus their attention on doing their actual jobs instead of their newly discovered activism....which funny enough is something they generally don't do in the off-season.....but this isn't the D&D and the fact that the actions of certain players is causing football threads to turn into the D&D is an example of how wrong they are for doing what they've been doing.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not certain exactly who you are talking about, which leads me to believe they are likely just a troll (it's hard for anyone else to make it on my ignore list) but I do know that there is a certain group of posters that are convinced that I am racist because I don't agree with them on certain issues and I do so openly and unapologetically. These days that's enough to be labeled a racist by some. It is what it is I guess.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Isn't there someone on here that has a signature quoting him about Trayvon Martin and his death?

No Worries likes this.
  5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

He not only claims this but the context of the conversation proves he was talking about the relationship between the league office and the owners ... but hey ,why let a little context get in the way of ruining a mans reputation and calling him racist

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Context is still hear-say. More that one person at the meeting said McNair said A. McNair said he said B. Not saying Mcnair isn't being honest but of course he is going to defend himself. And Vincent's response doesn't sound like he was referring to the league office.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm sure this is innocent but the timing... geez!

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

It’s their right to kneel during a time people are suppose to be standing to honor our country if they want to...but it’s also everyone else’s right to be be pissed about it as well.

According to many people that’s disrespectful, but to many it isn’t. It’s similar to flag burning...some people do it and want everyone to see it as not hating on the country but on whatever they feel you should listen to them about. People are always going to be upset if you tell them how they should believe in something. Especially when it comes to religion and politics. It’s too bad these guys couldn’t use the other 99% of their week to protest...i guess they want to take advantage of their screen time when they can.

10. DAROckets

Whats the white supremacist "gear" this guy allegedly sells ?

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What an idiot

12. DAROckets

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I did not make those two boys strip and I have never sold white supremacist gear. But I know what I say does not matter because you want to believe the lie !</p>&mdash; Ronnie Mitchem (@ronnie_mitchem) <a href="">November 9, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Still wondering what "white supremacist gear" was the guy selling white sheets or ?

...btw this robert littal guy that tweeted that comes off as also being a racist "sounds about white" wtf is that comment mean ? imaging someone tweeting a story about a black person doing something wrong and ending with "sounds about black"

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

#1053 bobrek, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I agree both sides have rights to their opinion. But kicking kids off a team seems harsh. It's not like they burned the flag.

Really they should be rewarded for caring about more serious issues even if they are ultimately wrong or you disagree

15. DAROckets

Bad timing yea,but to be fair this is an award the texans give to a HS coach every week .. he won the award before bob made the "inmates" comment .The texans apparently didn't pay it until recently ...guess they needed to delay it some for timing "reasons"

Also these two players knew going in what was gonna happen ,they'd had a pre discussion on the topic and were told what to expect ...not like common sense wouldn't tell you to not protest the flag when coached by an ex marine .

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That can’t be true

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

At the end of the day these where KIDS and MINORS and you do not handle them like that period. If the story about him making them strip down is true. And if it is true how describes somebody should of stepped in school officials refs fans police on sight etc....all the players should of took off there stuff then and if not all of them at least the miniorities if there was more of them than just two.

18. raining threes

You must be in love with mediocrity.

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm guessing this is it?

If so, that is hardly white supremacist gear. The Black Sports Online "journalist" is just trying to start an Internet riot.
    That link may have some sensitive information that you may not want to display.

20. raining threes

It's a workplace issue and the NFL under God'ell the NFL must be condoning the players actions, or they would be like the NBA and tell the players they will be fined if they don't stand for the anthem.

BTW, the players have a right to do what they're doing and the owners have the right to cut or trade said players. Which is what should be happening if God'ell and the owners weren't cow towing to the players. Since the owners have chosen to cow tow to the players I hope they continue to lose more and more millions.