1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lonzo Ball thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

No and she is a long time ago ex lmao.

I’m not defending ball’s actions. Whatever happens to him is now up to the chinese government.

My only point is that I wouldn’t put him in a box and let this incident define his character as a human being. I’m very patient and don’t necessarily believe mistakes = automatic dumbass.

Maybe because I’m still relatively fresh off being that age, I have more patience for those type of mistakes.

I still have a lot of memories of when either I or my friends did really dumb things without respecting the gravity of the situation.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was it one pair of glasses or 3?
    18 year olds know that stealing is wrong.

I agree that this is a petty crime. Like chewing gum in Singapore.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not defining his character. We were all stupid when we were young...

BUT WE WERE NEVER THIS STUPID

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Or he feels like he's invincible and do whatever he wants.. I totally would blame that on LaVar.

I mean, look at basketball, if his AAU team doesn't get a call, his dad pulls team from the game.

LaVar can't do this crap to the Chinese Government.

napalm06 likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Then we aren’t really disagreeing. No doubt that this was a very stupid thing for liangelo to do.

We all live different lives and mature at different rates. None of us know what its like to be liangelo ball. That doesn’t mean that I am offering sympathy. I am just trying to understand the situation through his perspective to the best of my ability

This is humble pie for sure. I bet he will look both ways before crossing the street next time. If this doesn’t make him respect the concrete jungle, then nothing will.

napalm06 and BigMaloe like this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

No doubt he's learning a lesson that he's not invincible.
    Also his privilege is working to his advantage because you know if it was some poor kid from China, it would be over for him.

I'm looking at the bigger picture thinking that some kids really think they are invincible.
    I feel bad for the kid who went to North Korea and stole a poster, but he should know that he should have never gone in the first place because they want to bomb America.

Would some Jewish kid want to go Nazi Germany and steal some Hitler posters?
    this generation would.

I totally blame the parents for not giving kids a sense of reality.

7. Daddy Long Legs

No doubt that is true. Thats why I bring up the metaphor of a kid needing to look both ways before crossing the street.

I can also liken it to a zoo animal being put in the jungle and not respecting the fact that he isn’t the lion and there could be threats around every corner.

He definitely has a lot of privilege. He probably has not been humbled in life as much as some other people. There are a lot worse horror stories for some kids than this situation.

Seems that we agree in assessing the situation, i’m just more patient about condeming the parties involved.

I’m sure you and a lot of the baby boomer generation have some memories of yourselves in the 60s feeling invincible doing something dumb lol.

Easy Rider is one of my favorite movies hahahaha.

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not that old, you are thinking of heypartner

Yes the zoo is a good analogy. Somebody has to tell their kid you can't pet the lions and tigers.

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@Mathrocker boutta risk it all and post pics of the glasses thief from target

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I have quite a checkered past so yeah I've done worse just not on foreign soil.

Not saying it wasn't dumb, it was. But it's a pretty normal juvenile action. They likely just didn't understand the extreme ramifications for something that is rather minor in the states.

The action is dumb, and he will be judged accordingly because of this immature move. But the name calling he has received is a bit much, imo.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

She was hot bro lmao.

RasaqBoi and BigMaloe like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's minor in the States? I personally don't know any 18 year olds that would steal from high end boutiques in Canada. I know some would steal a candy bar from Walmart though.

It's not like these guys are trailer trash. That's not even normal juvenile action to steal things that expensive

14. BigMaloe

Ehh...

I mean petty theft is petty theft. Being that the items were expensive and thus carry a higher value it is upgraded to a higher level misdemeanor. But the "act" of theft is minor in the grand stand of our judicial system. Typically a couple days in jail, a fine, pay restitution and community service.

Again, different worlds and sociological upbringing.You don't know an 18 year old who would steal, I knew 18 year olds who were stealing meat and alcohol daily, often multiple times. Either for consumption or to trade for drugs.

None the less, I don't see how the "price of something" makes it more juvenile or not. What's the difference in stealing designer shades from louis vs stealing $5 shades from Ross? Honestly, nothing. It's the same exact "act of crime" but one carries a harsher criticism because of cost. Both would be equally dumb and deserving of criticism and judgement.

15. BigMaloe

Post pics or GTFO

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Totally would but clutch recently asked people to not post nudies. Oh well!

RasaqBoi and BigMaloe like this.
  17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

to add to insult another incident happened in china with the ball family

apparently Ball was looking to do an exclusive interview and meet and greet with some fans in china to market their BBB store opening up (not sure why they have BBB B&M but that's besides the point) and they canceled on the day of the event twice and made China mad

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dude I had an ex that used to work at the bar with me, she was a str8 thief, hot as all hell, but had me worried for my life if I ever broke up with her. One time we were working this frat party in this dirt lot and one of these bros was blacked out pissing in my ice. I threw him on his ass and he continued to piss all over his face. I got blindsided by his bro and then I was fighting for my life 3 vs 1. No joke this chick 114 pounds 5'2 cracks one of these dudes in the back of the head with a shovel. Then straight jabs the other one in the throat while I hit the other dude with a suplex. Anyway hot criminal chicks are where it's at. You just gotta get out while you can

19. BigMaloe

DM me fam

Daddy Long Legs and Pen15clubber like this.
  20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Right? This is the dish. Anything goes

BigMaloe likes this.