1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lonzo Ball thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2017.

1. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

extreme vetting?

2. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

is insulated brat the 2017-upgrade of a spoiled brat? just so I know to use insulated when I feel like using brat in a sentence

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

His lack of energy is due to his awful diet; pastries and cereals for breakfast. Also the acne on his face

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Rea talk doe. Some people gotta chill on judging the kids character. Kids make terrible mistakes like this all the time. I wouldnt assume liangelo is a terrible person just for a juvenille mistake.

My high school gf used to regularly walk into target, put on target sunglasses, and then walk out lmao.

Joshfast and BigMaloe like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Spoiled, insulated, coddled, spoonfed, trust-fund, take your pick. ;)

8. napalm06

All mistakes are the same? No mistakes are worthy of criticism?

9. Daddy Long Legs

Sure these mistakes are worthy of criticism but I dont believe they are worthy of defining a human being’s character.

When people say things like he is an idiotic insulated brat, that is defining who he is as a person.

I try to be patient when it comes to judging a persons character, especially when that person in question is 18 years old.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yes, she is wheelchair bound from a stroke I believe.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Fuuck...

You guys would hate me if this is all it takes to judge someone so harshly lol

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The harshness and exaggerated judgments on Lonzo are because of how people feel about his father and the excessive hype. Honestly, I want to root for him but part of me wants anything associated with Lavar to fail miserably.

If Lonzo ever took steps to distance himself from dad, I'll become a cheerleader for him. Don't expect that to happen soon, if ever.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Read the kids are only going to get fined after they apologize. Sending these kids to jail for 3-10 years for stealing a pair of sunglasses would be a PR nightmare for China imo. How do you send 3 kids to jail for one pair of sunglasses, this ain't a bank heist after all.

tinman likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The converse is also true,
    A privileged American athlete who can afford sunglasses is stealing sunglasses in your country and then gets the easy punishment cause if he was a some Chinese teenager he'd be in Shawshank China by now.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

That's all it takes to be a Big Baller?

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude, this is Louis Vutton in a FOREIGN COUNTRY.
    I'm 100% sure that UCLA advised their players about the culture and laws before they land .

That kid who stole some poster in North Korea got killed.

Your girlfriend knew the worse thing that could happen is that she get caught the cops would have called her parents.

If you girlfriend did this in China, she'd star in orange is the new black . She wouldn't be that stupid in a FOREIGN Country.

17. Daddy Long Legs

I agree that there is a huge difference and people like you and I are aware of it.

My point is that I wouldn’t assume ball is a terrible person because of this.

I don’t necessarily expect an 18 year old kid to truly be aware and cognizant of the possible ramifications, no matter how much parents/coaches/teammates might warn him.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't think he's terrible, i just think he's stupid.
    I mean, maybe my generation , we weren't stupid enough to go to communist foreign countries and try to steal designer Italian goods.

Your girlfriend is not stupid enough to run around Saudi Arabia in a bikini is she?

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. napalm06

You've shoplifted in a foreign country on a high-profile school trip?
    We can judge the action harshly without judging the person harshly..... two completely separate concepts.
    Even smart people do dumb things. And this is a VERY, VERY dumb thing.
    Maybe he isn't stupid, but he did a very stupid thing. There's no rationalizing that away.

Yung-T and don grahamleone like this.
  20. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Here's another scenario that might have happened. Your boy who's in a store with you, say's I'm going to put these in my pocket and walk out with them, be cool when we walk out. Do you go to jail for something he did just because you're with him. If that's the way it went down I hope the young man that did rip off those shades tells the authorities his friends weren't involved.

BigMaloe and don grahamleone like this.