1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is kind of like a upset white american calling the NFL the National "Felons" League but at the same time agreeing that the players should not take the idiom, "we don't let the inmates run the prison" literally.

Houstunna and Fulgore like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you have to resort to beating up on straw men, you might as well admit that you've lost.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lost lol! Sadly that's what Bob McNair's franchise is doing. Admitting fault and affecting change will be the first step to take to get on the winning side.

Fulgore likes this.
  4. pocketrocket81

I have googled about the anthem protest and solutions and can't find anything that has been suggested in meetings that can bring an end to kneeling. Could it be as simple as well done public service announcements at the beginning and also at halftime of each game pertaining to what the players are kneeling about? In return the players agree not to kneel or protest in game... I have not seen this suggested so forgive me if it has been.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well they've already fixed that problem in Houston by getting rid of Duane Brown, since then, no more kneeling.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wait till they put in Josh johnson. Texans players will kneel just to keep the clock moving.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. raining threes

So all inmates are black? Hint: This is not true.

Because that's the only way McNair's words were racists.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol nobody said they were all black... that's what your saying. The league is more than just black and white too. Bob is the one that is apologizing and signing a trash qb like Josh Johnson in attempt to save face.

10. CallMeTheDream

But ending the kneeling isn’t the goal. As a matter of fact I hope they start it again on Sunday. It’s about ending racism and police brutality against unarmed blacks. Take your focus off the kneeling and look at the actual issues.

No Worries likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Don't hold your breath on this one. BtG forces facts to his narrative. His narrative is that blacks are lazy, ungrateful criminals blah-blah-blah.

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Does anyone here actually truly believe that bob mcnairs metaphor was a reflection of mcnair being a racist with poor character?

He claims that he used the metaphor to describe that the league office was making decisions that franchise owners should have a say in.

This is a ridiculous witch hunt at this point and does nothing to benefit the game of football or the goal of raising social awareness of racism and oppression.

13. Daddy Long Legs

When has BtG ever said that about black people?

Are you confident about that belief?

I feel like a witch hunt is going on. I am all in favor of awareness of racial oppression but this witch hunt is insane and clouding real issues.

14. raining threes

If McNair fires Rick Smith does that make him a racist?

15. No Worries

Almost everything BtG has said about the NFL kneeling issue and the Duane Brown holdout is flat out racist.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. It would be just another bad decision.

17. No Worries

I suspect that McNair just bobbled the "inmate running the asylum" idiom.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

I’m not defending him because I haven’t seen all his posts. Maybe you’ve seen something that I haven’t.

You saying that he’s flat out racist doesnt convince me that he is. Do you care to show me any proof?

19. No Worries

I am not going to make myself read BtG posts. Sorry.

BTW I suspect that BtG does not think he is racist. Just a truth teller, albeit a racist truth teller.

20. Daddy Long Legs

Thats fine. I def understand not wanting to take extra time and effort just to prove to mathrocker that btg is racist.

Thats why I phrased it that way asking if you cared enough to prove his racism to me.

I just recently started visiting this texans forum more after this political controversy. As of right now, I am unconvinced bobby is racist. He seems to just be honest about his opinions on his favorite team.

I’m of the mindset that too many people resort to calling others racist just for having different opinions.