1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Reason Not To Sign Kap

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Hard to identify with the team or feel like you are part of the team with all this stuff going on. BoB being a witness in a lawsuit now, really?

At this point, I am more curious about following updates on kaps case then I am in watching NFL games.

As goodell said, these protests are “degrading the unifying factor of our game”. Just feels like it ruined the ability to vicariously be a member of your favorite team after all this senseless bob mcnair backlash.

Hard to feel more attached to my team than any other team at this point. They all just feel distant and bleh.

A lot of fans feel this way but are afraid to say it.

2. Major

Major Member

Certainly - I didn't mean you being on Clutchfans in general. But within this message board, do you really participate in every thread? Or do you pick the topics you're interested in and post about those things? Within that context, you're clicking the Texans forum and reading and commenting about the Texans. That's not what a fan who doesn't care at all about the team or the NFL does.

(to be fair, I shouldn't specifically refer to you - I have no idea if that was your first or 10th post on the topic, but others have repeatedly posted about how they don't care)

3. Major

Major Member

Or maybe it's the response to the protests doing that. People choose whether to be divided or not - fans could easily ignore it or not care if they chose. I'm not sure what kind of unity it is if one side is forced into doing something.

So rapists, murderers, domestic abusers are all fine to vicariously support? A league that lied about head injuries and the damage it was causing to its players is OK? But someone silently and non-violently protesting what he feels is the unfair treatment of a group of people or an owner having to answer some questions, those are the bridges too far?

4. Daddy Long Legs

Well my post count is significantly higher in the rockets (1st) and astros (2nd) thread.

Out of my 6,000 posts im willing to bet that less than 50 of them are in this forum.

I do care a bit about the texans and NFL but it has been dying significantly ever since the owner of my favorite team was made out to be a racist just for using a common metaphor.

I havent watched a game since then. I don’t say that to gloat or offend anyone. I just said that here because the “theres no reason not to sign kap” thread seemed to be an appropriate thread to share that thought in.

Also, I am very interested in monitoring this political situation and discussing it with people in safe places to let true opinions out like clutchfans.

I’m just not all that interesting in vicariously living through my teams victories and defeats until this political/social judgment within the sport blows over.

5. Daddy Long Legs

Apples to oranges. Comparing controversial and divisice political issues that exist with the product on the nfl field to terrible people that did terrible things off the clock is a broken analogy. Also, I didnt want texans to sign hardy and Im glad they didnt btw.

I condemn rapists and abusers morally. I dont condemn kap morally (although like any of us he isnt perfect. He has spoke well of communist cuba and donated money to a convicted cop killer.)

In fact, I agree with his stance about violence against innocent black man. I have participated in a protest against the zimmerman verdict here in austin.

I also dont care about flag etiquette. I listen to rappers trashing america and punk rock bands burning american flags all the time. Freedom of expression is legit when it is your own platform to express.

The NFL situation is different because he is an employee of a company that is putting pressure on paying customers.

Think about the aaron rodgers situation. That was terrible for the NFL. He requested that paying customers react to the anthem in the same way that his team was that day.

Most green bay fans refused so the very next day all the media could talk about was how paying customers in green bay are racist.

No matter what you do in this situation, you are the bad guy to some people. It has harmed the ability for some to escape into the NFL.

Look at alejandro villanueva. He was put in a lose/lose situation.

I honestly believe that the anthem shouldnt have really been put into effect at sports games to begin with.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

That would be a yes...

Two Sandwiches and Rockets FTW like this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This is getting ugly lol. McNair is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. The problem is that we are going to suck either way. Get well Watson

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Do we know if kap is down to play for the league min? Is the league min even a thing in football lol?

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Think it would be vets minimum

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ah ok, I don't know too much about NFL salaries. Just was curious if Kap has stated if he would play for the min? Assuming he would otherwise this lawsuit wouldn't really make sense?

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I heard at the beginning of the season that he was asking for around 9 mil a year. Could be bs, at this point he would have to accept vet min

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

I rather let the dude starve on the side of the street. There are alot more deserving QB than him.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Never argue with a sociopath.

Kap is quite obviously the best unsigned QB available. There's no substantive argument against this fact. Teams not signing him is purely politics.

14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I don't think any type of "collusion" is even required in kapernicks case . It's long been known that teams try to avoid unnecessary distractions .The TMZ style media bombardment on this story would be a huge distraction to any locker room . Same could be the reason manziel and even tebow are not on a sideline somewhere holding a clipboard ,a 2nd rate qb just isn't worth the **** show that comes along with it .I doubt if any owner in the nfl really needed any kind of directive to avoid kapernick ....just like most people don't need to be told to avoid the plague .

15. 1234567

1234567 Member

So true

No Owner or GM for that matter needed to be in cahoots with any other team to know to stay away from toxic QB

All these talk shows and talking head just keep saying Cap is good but who cares.

Clearly no team does. The only team that show interest got scared off the Cap girl friend nasty twitter post.

He used company time to voice his opinion by doing something that drew a reaction so his cause, a good one, gets attention. But in doing so he did something that makes him look unpatriotic, and doesn’t matter what he said and how much he said he loves the country, honor the military, etc.

He act drew a reaction the owners doesn’t want to own so no one wants to hire him.

If Watson kneel and he did, he would be a problem but he is so good as a QB almost no one care that he did

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

It's like the hot vs crazy scale on HIMYM, except it's distraction vs skill. Also, I don't get the "he started in a superbowl" argument as that was years ago(so not sure how that's relevant in 2017).

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that they are all below replacement level players.

18. Buck Turgidson

Objection! Non-responsive.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i love you say these two things as if they are fact. the real facts are that dude hasn't played competitive football in a long while and you could argue hasn't cared about football in an even longer while. he's been much more focused on his social quest, more power to him, than x's and o's. he was also damned near signed with the ravens until his psycho gf's mental illness caused her to go on an extremely racist twitter rant.

so knowing all of that, you boldly claim that politics is the only reason. cut the bullshit, there are many non-political reasons not to sign him.

btw..., I remember everyone and their mother discussing drafting Lonzo and the risk because of Lavar, the father. We fixing to act like Kap's crazy b**** is causing the same conversations?