1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Reason Not To Sign Kap

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It would be amazing if O'Brien loses it during the deposition and forces the ouster of McNair

Pen15clubber and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Doubt it, here's how it's going to go down

Kaepernick's lawyer: Did Bob McNair ever indicate to you that Colin Kaepernick could not be signed due to a pact between NFL owners?

BoB: Doesn't matter Brian, we're marching ahead with Josh Johnson Brian. Division title 2 years in a row Brian.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You say that, but TJ Yates has helped this franchise win games before.....and your boy Kap was only good at helping the Niners tank the rest of the season after they were winning too many games with Gabbert to get the top pick. If not for Gabbert, the Niners would have had the top pick in the last 2 drafts. Your boy Kap is amazing when it comes to tanking a season.

Perhaps that's what you want the Texans to do, but I'll remind you that you'd only be helping the Browns by doing so. The Texans don't have a pick in the first 2 rounds of the draft.

4. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Damnit, I hate when I fall for a troll.

You did a pretty good job of pretending to be serious for a while, I have to give you that.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You mean you hate it when you are wrong and people call you out on it.

6. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Go back to the part where you prop up TJ Yates, please. That was my favorite scene in this performance.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

This lawsuit is ridiculous,imagine the precedent it would set if he wins ,all the 2nd rate players who wash out of the league filling lawsuits . I just don't see how it's the courts place to tell any business who they can or can't hire ,as long as it's not racial . If a guy doesn't fit the image i want for my team and this decision is made from a business stand point , I don't really see an issue . Name one other legit business where your boss would be ok with protesting against values they embraced ...while you are AT WORK

Daddy Long Legs, ipaman and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you find something wrong with what I said? TJ Yates has helped this team win before. That's just a factual statement.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The ultimate irony to me was Ray Lewis saying they would have signed the guy but then his girlfriend posted an offensive tweet and they decided not to.

Ray Lewis, who, you know, may or may not have, killed some one.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but Ray Lewis was actually really good at football. It's different when you are talking about signing a scrub who is a fringe back of the bench quality player.

11. Two Sandwiches

Do you honestly believe TJ Yates, Josh Johnson or Matt Mcgloin are better than Kaepernick?

You're in here touting TJ Yates. The guys is inferior to Kaepernick in every stat category there is.

I'll just quit right there. Your personal bias has been established a long time ago. We all know your MO. We all know that you're a megalomaniac. We all know that you're dense.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly I think they are all below replacement level players and are essentially interchangeable. Also I believe that if you have ANY of them starting at QB for you that you don't have a QB and are in deep trouble....but TJ Yates has helped this franchise win games before.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

I will give you a like for honesty, at least.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"I don't want to hear any BS about timeouts or Colin Kaepernic!"

J.R. likes this.
  15. Major

Major Member

It's funny how many people don't care or don't watch, but have this overriding need to repeatedly go around on message boards and tell everyone about it. Seems if you really didn't care, that wouldn't be the case.

16. Major

Major Member

It's not the courts' business to tell an individual franchise who to hire - and that's not what the lawsuit is about. The lawsuit is about collusion - and that IS the court's business. The challenge will be proving it - but if he can prove it happened, then he's absolutely entitled to relief from it because collusion is illegal.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

At the end of the day Kap is without a doubt better than Josh Johnson so here is definitely something going on I mean Bobby can come on here and say Kap is trash but the guys we have signed are much worse... Kap has started in the ****ing SuperBowl for god sake

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So has Trent Dilfer, hell his team won. I guess we should reach out to him to start right?

Just because he was on a really good team 4 years ago doesn't make him better than ANYONE today. The last we saw of him was him helping the Niners tank and he was VERY good at it. Probably one of the better tanking QB's around.

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I knew I’d get that response lol.

I know its an offensive position to some people to lose interest in this sport because of this political controversy. I have not lost any interest in posting on clutchfans though!

I’m on clutchfans quite a bit so I decided to share my thoughts about how this has affected my texans fandom on the texans bbs.

Call it an “overriding need to repeatedly go on message boards” if you want, but that “overriding need to repeatedly go on message boards” is due to me being a very active clutchfans member.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Do you really think he is worse than TJ Yates, Tom Savage and Josh Johnson? Or are you just trying to prove some kind of point?