1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Reason Not To Sign Kap

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Lol dude... you want me to admit my critism was wrong? You wanna hear those words bro? Fine i was wrong... but let me ask you how brave do you have to be to trade Brock Osweiler away? It wasnt brave it was a desperation move! It just happened to pay off for us, but even at the beginning of the season the coaching staff decided to go with Tom Savage as starter, remember that? Yeah they were really going for it then huh? Not until Tom savage **** the bed did they then decide to name Watson the starter! Oh my gosh my team is has the balls the size of Charlie Morton! Love it!

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Kap might help you win games over Savage, might not. But the one absolute in signing Kap is that it will instantly put a divide in your fan base. Doesn't matter who's right or wrong at that point.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

good boy and you're not wrong about everything else. savage being drafted, brock being signed, savaged named starter, all of that were **** moves.

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Thanks for the pat on the head! Dont mind me clutchfans is my plce to vent on these such matters. But foreal tho! Sign Kap just so the rest of the season wont be such a borefest!

edwardc and ipaman like this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

King Solomon's Mind one can truly agree with him.

This can’t be about principles.
    McNair had no problem having a steroids cheat on his team. Someone who has been caught cheating more than once, in fact.
    My guess is when Brian Cushing runs back onto the field, he will do so to a grand welcome and loud cheers.
    OK, maybe cheating the sport with performance-enhancing drugs doesn’t rank as high on McNair’s list of offenses as taking a knee during the national anthem.
    Neither does domestic abuse?
    McNair doesn’t want inmates running his prison, but he didn’t mind having a woman-beating, should-be inmate running the football.

6. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Oh no, not a divide in the fanbase! That same fanbase was booing this team in the second quarter last week.

Fulgore likes this.
  7. gucci888

Booing bad performances happen all the time. But the inevitably of the crowd booing Kap before he even takes a snap would not be a good look for the franchise or the city.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If he gets out there and starts throwing/running tds those same fans will start kissing Kap's ass

Rashmon and Two Sandwiches like this.
  9. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Also not a good look for the franchise or the city: signing Josh f-ing Johnson.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Can't say it surprised me. McCarthy maybe, but O'Brien has a ton of questions to answer with the dog and pony show he ran yesterday.

I guess O'Brien will be forced to expose McNair because I still believe that O'Brien wants Kaepernick.

Mr. Clutch and red5rocket like this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So signing Kap would split the fanbase but when teams sign guys like Greg Hardy or Ben Rapelisberger that's not an issue. Shows how f***ed up some people's priorities are. Maybe they should look in the mirror.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. gucci888

Some for sure, not all though. McNair has already done quite a bit of damage to the organization's reputation and believe there is a legit argument that signing Kap could actually help that. But the crowd booing Kap the second he takes the field in warm ups won't regardless of what may or may not happen later on.

Not advocating for one thing or the other, just pointing out that there is a big business component in any decision and that's understandable. One thing I hope I never hear from any front office, especially ours, was that it was purely a football decision.

14. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

There's a strange ignorance that I keep seeing towards the OTHER side of a Kap signing.

I mean, sure, there will be some pissed off people, but any team that signs Colin will instantly gain tons of new fans. Kaepernick's jersey was still in the top 40 of sales at the beginning of the season... AND HE'S NOT EVEN ON A TEAM.

15. gucci888

This I can agree with. But we'll forget about him just like we forgot about Bradlee Van Pelt, Thaddeus Lewis, and Jeff Garcia.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And he was a big Mallet and Osweiler booster

17. gucci888

Not sure if you read the entirety of my post but I agree that there is an argument to be made that Kap could actually help the Texans regardless of what happens on the actual field. The big question is whether the influx of "new fans" outweighs the fallout.

And that really goes back to my original point. There aren't a lot of absolutes in signing Kap. Maybe he'll be good, maybe he won't. Maybe he'll bring in more fans than the pissed off ones. Maybe it becomes a complete circus with BoB getting berated and being called a racist if he's not starting. We don't really know any of this. But one thing that is for sure is that it'll will piss off a portion of the fan base and it will be heard the second he steps into NRG.

18. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

There's another thing that's for certain: guys like TJ Yates, Matt McGloin, and Josh Johnson will do nothing to help this team win ballgames.

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lol @ nfl.

Astros and rockets were my childhood teams. We didnt have an nfl team when I grew up and I never played football as a kid so I never showed much interest in the sport growing up.

I finally got into it about 3/4 years ago and started watching most texans games. I always represent the home team and buy into any houston teams so I was digging the texans.

But ever since the insane over reaction to bob mcnairs metaphor and all this political bs, Im done.

They arent a childhood team of mine like astros and rockets. So I have no problem tuning out.

Won’t be back to this sport until all this political bs is gone. I didnt even watch the texans/seahawks game when deshaun was flowing.

20. Major

Major Member

This is all very true - but it also reinforces how often this franchise operates out of fear. The two times in their history they really took risks on a bit of an unknown - trading multiple picks for QBs - are also arguably two of the most positive franchise-changing moves they've made. Yet they continually return to operating out of fear until forced to do otherwise.