1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Y do Rockets players keep quiet about atmosphere at TC?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Nov 7, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

So it’s the prices, starting time and basically the dumb businesses (employees and or clients) who don’t give a horse’s patooty about the game and stay in lounge / suit area or do not show up at all?

PigMiller likes this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's one thing to question why it is, discuss the reasons, and wish that the arena was filled because the environment is better, but to feel actual embarrassment is what is peculiar.

3. payaso

payaso Member

I think it's time for this Houston franchise to meet the elemental foundation of economics by deregulating its pricing structure and selling seats according to local demand. As a promotional initiative, is it insanity to list ALL unsold seats at, say, $25 and then gauge the results? $25 > 0 is all I'm saying...

4. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

This is basically the most concise explanation of the problem I've seen.

5. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Stop splitting hairs and pretending to be holier than thou.

For the purposes of this thread/discussion, "embarrassment" and "wish" are essentially inter-changeable terms.

Houstunna likes this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Do you disagree with feeling sorry for Roy Halladay's family and/or the Church Shooting victims?

7. bobrek

No....Kind of an odd comparison.

Checklist:

Feel embarrassed because the Rockets have sagging attendance - No
    Feel sad for families that suffer death and pain - Yes

8. bobrek

How am I holier than thou? For someone to be embarrassed about a trivial item they have no control over and does not reflect poorly on them is peculiar to me.

Wish and embarrassed are not interchangeable.

For example: "I wish the Rockets would have beat the Grizzlies" is not the same as "I am embarrassed the Rockets lost to the Grizzlies."

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It's not odd.

The correlation is projecting personal feelings onto things you can't control. That was your stated reasoning on why fans shouldn't be embarrassed about TC's atmosphere.

10. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

What's peculiar to me is why some internet personality would be so perplexed by whether some other internet personality is literally "embarassed" about the problem of Toyota Center being empty at tip-off...especially after the original internet personality you responded to has stated that he does NOT "walk around all day thinking about the sh*tty atmosphere at TC."

And yes, for the purposes of this thread, wish and embarrassed are interchangeable. Both show "x"-degrees of concern for an issue you seem to agree is a problem.

Since we're being so literal here, though...are you saying you literally "wish" that Toyota Center would be full at game time? Like you close your eyes and blow out some candles while making a "wish?" I can't believe you'd waste your time and wishes on such a trivial issue that you have no control over and does not actually reflect poorly on you. How peculiar.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

the utah game was pretty bad. harden was going absolutely bonkers and the crowd (at least lowerbowl) is just like yep...

my main theory is that the lower bowl club seats (the one's you see on TV) are mostly corporate.. so people don't feel the need to show up on time (because they didn't pay) and they aren't raucous cause the hardcore fans are priced out by how expensive the seats area.

lastly, with flashseats removing bidding, this is only going to be worse this season.

12. bobrek

I don't care at all if the Rockets games are well attended or not. Still don't see how "I wish TC was sold out" equates to "I am embarrassed that TC is not sold out".

13. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Championship hangover

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

that didnt really matter anyway as far as those lower bowl seats

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The crowd is great in the playoffs when it matters

16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Oil money.

Those seats should go to nosebleed fans if they aren’t occupied after 3 minutes into second quarter.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

lets not

KlutchQT likes this.
  18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Thank you. I think most of fans go to as many as they can afford. Always annoying to me to hear people complaining about attendance from their couches. What I could comfortably afford this season was purchasing 12 games from someone who has season tix. If games outside of those 12 come up that I really want to go to and have the extra $$, then I'll go. But I won't sit at home and get riled up over people not being at games I'm not attending either.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm there are major cities in the US that have much more to do than watching a NBA game that perform much better than the Rockets in regards to attendence.

Houstunna likes this.
  20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Totally agree during regular season it's more fun to be upper Bowl, but I'm not paying the money and going all the way out to Toyota Center for that view, cuz I will just end up watching the Jumbotron. Might as well watch it on TV.

Pen15clubber likes this.