1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign QB Josh Johnson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by texian, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Major

Major Member

You're asking if anyone in the league would be interested in a QB that's had a ton of success, a 90ish career QB rating, and a 72-30 TD:INT ratio (plus a bunch ofrushing TDs) as opposed to guys like Tom Savage or Drew Stanton or Josh Johnson or Brian Hoyer or Brett Hundley? Really? SF (rightly) benched a very good Alex Smith for the guy. He's better than every backup in the league, and at least 6-8 of the current starters.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

4 years ago, he also got benched for Blaine Gabbert in that time frame. He hasn't been good in a long time and really his best season wasn't very good to begin with. If we're just going off past success with a mobile qb then I'd take RG3 over Kaep, his best season was significantly better than Kaep and can actually complete passes normal qbs can make.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

[QUOTE="T_Man, post: 11421919, member: 1096"]And you know this how???

You're his first cousin?? Attorney?? House Keeper??

Some of you guys kill me... My self, i'm proud of Kap for standing by his morals..

T_Man[/QUOTE]
    bro, seriously what a stupid question. do you watch sports news? do you read sports sites and forums? the info all over the ******* place. football is not the most important thing for Kap. his social principles are way more important and more power to him but nfl teams don't want guys who aren't all in.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

5. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

what do you expect when you have a delusional, senseless owner?

i mean donating to the trump campaign? already destined to fail.

wants to erect a statue of himself...gtfoh noob. you haven't done ****.

macho GRANDE and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He did bring the NFL back to Htown. Just Sayin'

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Rick: ...and when I went over there...

BOB: Wtf you talking about?

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"Do you think both of us will get fired or just one of us?"

red5rocket likes this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

What exactly would be the benefit of winning anything at this point. The defense is depleted, the offense is deflated and Bill O'Brien sucks as a coach. The best thing for this team now is to see who is going to be here next year. Which defensive players are still playing balls out on every play, who on special teams is worth a damn and which offensive lineman can be versatile enough for a new scheme because regardless of the narrative Bill O'Brien is coaching for his job right now and the organization has all the leverage(Sup Dabo, Sean Payton, Chip Kelly). This is the perfect time to cut all the loose ends (Cush, Allen, Braxton Miller, Eddie Plesant, Chris Clark, Larry Izzo, John Butler, Bill O'Brien...Rick is Cal's bff so he's here forever) and start fresh. Signing Kap is a waste, at best he would play five games. What can you salvage out of five games? The people calling for Kap aren't seeing the bigger picture, if you look at the situation Kap himself hasn't publicly said **** about playing football. And he's suing the league, his agent even taking calls ruins his case, it makes no sense. People, your memories are short and your expectations are too high. We finally have a franchise qb, we know that, now lets see if the backup is on the roster, lets see if Lamar Miller is worth his contract or if J.Jo is worth third rounder come draft time. It honestly doesn't matter who is playing qb, the rest of this season is a ****ing tryout

Mr. Clutch and Astrodome like this.
  10. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Whenever I see Rick Smith with his golf club I think of All Capone with his baseball bat in the Untouchables.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL!!! but no Vince Young???

LMAO

Rocket River

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You’re telling me if we stick KAP in there are 4th and goal he’d do worse than Savage did?

All Savage needed was to get a pass off...

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Josh Johnson is our savior :rolleyes:

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Kap was actually pretty good last season. 11 starts, 16 TDs-4 INTs, 90.7 QBR. Also had 468 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs. Ya his completion percentage has never been that good but not far off from other starters like Rivers, Palmer, and Winston last season. He actually has a better career completion percentage than Luck surprisingly.

Not advocating for him but going off of past success, Kap has played a lot better than a lot of guys currently on rosters, including the 3 currently on ours.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Overall stats were solid for him last year, still have to take what he did in context. Playing from behind against teams that knew they were going to win will typically inflate the passing stats. San Fran fans were talking about that a lot last year (fake stats). The one I care most about is 1-10 record, this thread keeps saying Kaep can take us to the playoffs, lmao how? San Fran has a better O line and comparable defense last year to us. Facts are no one is taking us to playoffs this year once Watson went down and the only reason Kaep is being tossed around is his popularity from non football reasons

16. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I did the math yesterday because it is important to me that lies do not get spread. Colin threw for 16 touchdowns last year:

5 of them gave his team the lead.
    11 of them pulled his team within one score.
    5 of them pulled his team within two scores.

11 of them were in the first half
    5 of them were in the second half

Any way you look at it, at least 70% of his touchdown passes occurred while the outcome of the game was still being decided. This "he inflated his stats during blowouts" is a disingenuous postscript used to try and rationalize the ridiculous situation of Kaepernick not being on a roster.

macho GRANDE and FLASH21 like this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I saw this discussion with you and btg. It's disingenuous period, for one you have 21 tds somehow and second you use beIng down one or two td down as a barometer for success. Most of his tds were thrown while being down which predicates throwing the ball.
    I don't care what this kid does with his protests, I don't care what color he is. I care about results. He has not produced since 2013 period. A big factor in everyone wanting him is his popularity outside of football

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Any idea on what kind of contract $$$ Kaepernick is seeking? Could it be he's pricing himself out of the market?

I'm not discounting the obvious political/protest ramifications but maybe there's an economic side as well.

19. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Whoops, my bad on the second one. 6 brought him within one score (11 total, counting the 5 that gave his team the lead).

So, just to be clear, 11 of his touchdowns were thrown in the first half. You're going to hold it against him that his team was throwing the ball in the first half?

And if you only care about results, do you then agree that the Texans need to trade Deshaun for Brock? Brock has a better winning percentage in Houston than Deshaun did.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I know at one point in the beginning of the season that this was an issue, I'd heard 9 mil a year. I don't think it's a factor now, should know he'll get backup money

Rashmon likes this.