1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SNIFF] Patrick Beverley As Not A Rocket

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by don grahamleone, Oct 20, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where is Doc Rivers now? SAS and OKC on deck. ALL ABOARD THE mediocrity TRAIN!!!

What's up Doc? How is that ball movement going out there? :D

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

they already have, only his scoring is up, his rebounds and assists are way down and his shooting is starting to fall away as well

3. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

With Milo out, has Bev had the opportunity to run the team? Or is Austin Rivers playing PG? Seems like Blake Griffin is leading the team in assists...

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Scoring is the stat most linked to playing alongside Harden, so this is an interesting way to try proving your point.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

assist numbers are not the only way of seeing if a player is good at making plays. There are hockey assists and driving and dishing and he isn't good at that

6. yoeddy

What is Bev’s usage numbers compared to his time as a Rocket?

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

highest in his career

8. yoeddy

Very surprising then that his assist numbers are his lowest in 5 years. It does explain his increase in turnovers, tho.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Austin Rivers STILL getting more PT than Beverley. I CAYN'T evennnnnnnnn ANYMORE with HIM, MANNNNN. If I was a Clippers fan and my coach was playing his scrub son over Bev & Lou I'd be losing my ****. I'd be at every game booing Doc relentlessly, I don't care how much Chandler Parsons might cry about it either.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those CP3/Austin Rivers rumblings are too juicy to not be true.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Somehow it's disgusting to my soul to see Clipper's social media fawning over Beverley.
    "B3V.#Mr94Feet's up to 15 points."

Bev is our guy, dammit!

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

different team game plan and he isn't that good of a creator

13. yoeddy

If it's any consolation, Bev's usage % is higher than Rivers by a little bit.

14. yoeddy

Still...in Houston, he wasn't the primary playmaker, so you'd figure that especially with Milo out he'd have better assist numbers with higher usage. I guess they view him as a 3-and-D player and want Griffin to be the playmaker...

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In the last 5 games, he has more assists and less turnovers than Rubio. :p

Y'all should take a look at Rubio's worst ever apg and ast:to ratio. In his last 5 games, Rubio's Ast:To ratio is 0.9. :eek: For the season, it's worse than Harden....and much, much worse than Reggie Jackson. o_O

Apparently, Rubio's scoring can't go up, without his play-making duties going way down. The change in role is more natural for Bev, and over the past 5 games, his turnovers are way down, as he's settling into his role better than Rubio, imo.

Bev is 44% from 3, and only two games of shooting less than 40%. That's consistency.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it doesn't work like that. The rockets have a set game plan to take threes and Beverley only had to assist on 3 or 4 of them to get an assist, the clippers game plan involves a different offence where it is actually harder to get an assist because they don't launch threes as much and are more of a one on one team

heypartner likes this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Right. Blake is going face-up ISO a lot more than normal. There is no assist on a lot of his baskets. Plus, obviously, Lou Williams is more a 6th Man PG than Redick and Crawford were. Bev has chemistry with letting Lou have the rock.

Sure, Bev isn't doing playmaking like some of his quotes in pre-season alluding to him working towards, but I never really expected it anyhow, especially since they immediately sought out a high-quality playmaker in Teodosic.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Cracks me up about the rebounding being down. It spiked last year because he was on a team without a rebounding center. If he's with DeAndre Jordon or Dwight Howard, they tend to get the rebounds instead of him? Crazy!

His shot attempts per turnover are roughly the same between this year and last. Nothing to see there either.

Patrick is having an absolutely fantastic statistical season. Congrats to him, I miss him, come back.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

I’m more surprised how Crawford is not seemingly putting up those crazy shooting numbers, although it may have been always against us.

Beverley is who he is, not a playmaker and not a traditional PG. Still can shoot and play D, along with getting rebounds.

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I hope the clips beat SAS and OKC tho.

Those teams are going to be fighting us in the standings.

I will aways cheer for beverley over russell westbrook lol