1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

2. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Jahlil Okafor has recently become available if released he likely goes to Boston, but what would it take to trade for him. My guess is not much similar to the Nurkic deal for Portland we can get I'm on the cheap and see if he is as good as he was in college. He can't be any worse than Lance Thomas.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Kristaps Porzingis for Ryan Anderson. The Knicks owe us one.

Why not? and jch1911 like this.
  4. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

When Corey brewer gets bought out by LA let's bring him in for a minimum contract to be a backup wing. Lol

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I didn't want to start a new thread for it but...

If Cousins is a free agent, could we make the moves necessary to get him? Could we retain Capela and Paul? Ryno would be gone but would EGO as well?

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

Instant offense of the bench. Very good target on a fast-break, great cutter. Averaged 15.3 points per game this summer in EuroBasket (second best on the team, behind Valanciunas from Raps). Reached his prime years, may be valuable for any contending team.

Can't guard a pogo stick tho.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I get that. I also fully expect them to acquire PG13 mid-season, so that could potentially check off that box and allow them to consider a move of this nature.

I also get that they think they can get both PG13 and LeBron, so its likely a moot point, as you stated.

Just trying to think outside the box. Finding realistic trades involving Anderson that don't involve us swapping his bloated contract for another bloated contract(s) are next to impossible.

8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mirotic has apparently said he cannot play with Bobby Portia when he returns from his caved in face. I’m thinking that trade might have to wait until January 15th, but I don’t think he is guaranteed for next year and would open up a lot of cash for the Rockets.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6963558

D-rock likes this.
  9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Not sure if the bulls would do it but I've always liked Mirotic- whose rights I believed we traded to Minnesota some years back?

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Keep an eye on Sean Kilpatrick, raw numbers may not wow you but decent wing with some scoring ability. Not getting a lot of burn in Brooklyn, I could see him being offloaded at the deadline.

He'd be an awesome fit here.

Why not?, BigMaloe and da_juice like this.
  11. Rockets4Life13

I don't think LeBron will go to the lakers. I just don't see the point.

Why would he go to the lakers, a young team - no experience.
    Give me one good reason why he would go there? All the reasons u can name are off-court reasons. No basketball reason at all.

Idk i just think lebron is too competitive to surrender any chance at a title at the age of 33.

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. Sanity2disChaos

I think if we can do this (Morey) than you do it yesterday. I think Reddick would spell harden some much needed minutes given the repor between CP and reddick already.

13. Sanity2disChaos

Teams isolate Anderson at a higher percentage than anyone in the league. Slide in Tucker or ArizA and our team dynamic changes.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

But I think the stats say Ryno was doing a decent job this season defensively (he lost weight & gained some quickness)

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

what's Jared Dudley doing these days? can't have too much of smart and versatile defender

having ariza, Mbah a Moute, and Tucker on the floor at the same time can do wonders.

Dudley can be part of the 3 and D group.

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

9-10 when healthy. (Black is 10.)

I agree though. Being tied with the Warriors for 1st in the West SUCKS! FIRE EVERYBODY! Starting with the Coach of the Year who has got us to the point of being the only legit threat to the Warriors in the West! While our ALL-DEFENSIVE, ALL-STAR point guard has spent the whole season on the bench!

Wait. Do we need a new coach or a new you?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why keep Capela if you’re going after Cousins?

18. Rockets4Life13

Pretty r****ded to pull out a post that was made in frustration in a game where our rotation and tired legs killed us, while shooting 15% (felt like that) from 3.

U can't deny that our "3pt shots only" mentality looks real crappy at times and can be super frustrating.
    Take the L

19. fattz

fattz Member

This is the first time ever that there is not really a need for trade and we are doing everything needed to be a championship contenders. Plus our all world point guard is on the shelf —> it should only get better from here. Good job DMtheGM & thank you for not doing a lot of the stupid **** that is here on Clutch Fans.

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I agree it was r****ded for me to quote you.

You're right. First place sucks. We should be doing much better than first place. D'Antoni sucks.