1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So far we've only seen BOB have any measure of success when it comes to running an offense when he's had an elite QB. Anything less than that and his offense is pathetic.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good Chance the Colts lose next week too

Rocket River

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The scheme that they were supposedly drawing up all offseason. Even ignoring that it put up zero points against a bulwark of a Saints preseason defense, this is supposed to be BOB's polished playbook with his pet project QB of multiple years.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bill O'Brien on Colin Kaepernick: 'We talk about the roster and what's out there every day, Rick (Smith) and I]

Bill O'Brien on Colin Kaepernick discussion: 'Everybody gets discussed. Is that a problem? Don't most teams do it like that?

Bill O'Brien on Tom Savage: 'We've got to get Tom playing better. I think he has the ability to play better'

Bill O'Brien on Tom Savage: 'Got to go back to the basics. He knows what we're doing. We have to do a better job of coaching and playing'

Bill O'Brien on Tom Savage: 'I do expect him to be the starter' against Rams

Bill O'Brien on if he wanted to sign Colin Kaepernick: 'I coach the football team. That's what I'm in charge of'

Bill O'Brien on Colin Kaepernick: 'I like the guys that we have and we'll continue to try to coach them'

Bill O'Brien on Colin Kaepernick hypothetical: 'I've studied him since college and in professional football. I've known him a long time.'

Bill O'Brien: 'Colin Kaepernick is a good football player, hasn't played in a while. These things are going to continue to be discussed'

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, at least my Sunday afternoons are open for the rest of the fall. No reason to waste 3.5 hours of my life watching Tom Savage stand in the pocket like a tackling dummy.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We're bad and boring. The worst combo of football

RasaqBoi and tmactoyao like this.
  7. SuraGotMadHops

Worst game I've attended live, not necessarily score-wise, but just boring bad football-wise. At the beginning of the 2nd quarter I went to get a chicken tender basket, by the end of the 2nd quarter I had no tenders, and the manager was trying to figure out how to process my refund (something weird happened where the vats were contaminated and they shut they whole stand down). After that I called it a day and left at halftime.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Bright side is you avoided sitting in traffic on the way home out of the parking lot.

SuraGotMadHops, RasaqBoi and TejasTom like this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

got career years (for them) out of trash QBs while no other coach or team was able to do with those same trash QBs. recent teams with real success that don't have an elite QB don't exist so why is that a problem?

QB play should not be a factor in firing or extending him. There are plenty of other factors to debate though.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Props for staying a half to watch that snooze fest.

SuraGotMadHops and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Really, they should switch last names based on their play- it should be DeShaun Savage, an actual competitor, and Tom Watson, who plays football like he's on a ****ing golf course.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We can officially say our season is over with. After watching that nonsense twice, I'm like wow that was one horrendous performance.

Savage looked like Brock, missing targets completely. I mean nowhere close.

Bill O'Brien continues to make the same dumb mistakes when it pertains to situational football.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Well, the defense being trash this year isn't entirely on management. Again, injuries that take out great players and a leader on defense is just unavoidable. Management sticking with the Hoyers, Fitzpatricks and giving a boatload of money to the Osweilers of the world, are not unavoidable.

I can't wait for next season when everything comes together.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately that's what we said before this year. Hopefully we won't be saying the same next season.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Guess I should have added "barring injury," lol.

I don't think Watson is the type of player to regress into garbage, and the defense can only get better with a returning Watt and Mercilus. So, guess we'll see.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nor do I, but you know how that Texans luck goes.

19. MystikArkitect

This is such a good description of what it’s like to watch the non Watson Texans play football.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

A worse combo, NFL Purgatory. Not bad enough for #1 pick, not good enough to win a SB. We've been there since franchise inception sans a couple of years.