1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AJ Hinch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Daddy Long Legs, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Dude has gotten heat from so many all year. Let's show our world series winning manager some love!

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He doesn't over manage (for the most part). He has confidence in his players. He has well thought out reasons for his decisions (regardless if you agree with them). He #trusttheprocess.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

4. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Painted his masterpiece tonight!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

pressed all the right buttons!

6. Buck Turgidson

Sons of Hinches

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

When you see how he managed his team next to Roberts, he won that matchup, clearly.

Roberts continued to panic and go to the bullpen at any sign of danger. I think this is why throughout the whole series they could not beat the Astros twice. He really went to the well far too often.

One decision that will be overlooked is how in game 6 Hinch went to Liriano and Gregarson, game 7 on the mind. I think he trusted his gut there, Dodgers had all the momentum, he could have pitched Morton there, could have pitched Peacock there, but he held on to them for the deciding game.

8. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Didn’t see this thread before I made mine. He did a great job today and I’m happy we got HINCHED!

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

AJ Hinch da gawd

10. Daddy Long Legs

Bump! We dont need a pro hinch thread that antagonizes other posters right after our first championship!

lmao

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

AJ Hinch for president in 2020!!! Manage the world like it should be managed! ;)

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agree, just brilliant managing last night. Of course, the players came through in the right spots and it was obvious what needed to be done. Use relievers situationally like he did with Liriano and Devenski to bridge the gap between Peacock and Morton. That allowed Morton to start clean in the 6th although he allowed some traffic but settled in nicely after that. So Glad Hinch just kept going with Morton although no sane person besides Dave Roberts would have pulled Morton in that scenario. I was worried he was going to have Kuechel pitch to start the 9th but the best choice was to have Morton start the 9th and have Kuechel/Verlander ready to go if needed. Luckily they were not needed!

whiskeyred likes this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Morton was en fuego.

Hinch really had a great postseason.

Got red sox manager fired, girardi didnt get a contract offer, and he outdueled roberts.

Boom.

14. alethios

alethios Member

Farrell and Girardi were just one more series loss from being shown the door. I guess no one expected it to be against the upstart Astros!