1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stunned Scientists Detect Suspected Hidden Chamber Within Great Pyramid of Giza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Nov 2, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://gizmodo.com/stunned-scientists-detect-suspected-hidden-chamber-with-1820054009

Stunned Scientists Detect Suspected Hidden Chamber Within Great Pyramid of Giza
    [​IMG]
    Khufu’s Pyramid 3D cut aerial view. The fuzzy white dots represent the location of the newly discovered void. (Image: ScanPyramids Mission)

Though they were constructed nearly 5,000 years ago, the Great Pyramids of Egypt are still packed with secrets. Using a technique that leverages the power of cosmic rays, scientists have confirmed the presence of a large empty space within Khufu’s pyramid—a void that’s signaling the presence of a possible hidden chamber.

[​IMG]

#1 tinman, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Reminds me of that scene in "Aliens" where Hudson found the colonists via their bracelet transmitters where they were cocooned.

DON'T GO IN THERE OR OPEN THAT CHAMBER!

It also could be just a bathroom for the workers. ;)

don grahamleone, Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

Do not unleash him.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is exciting news! They will have to find a way to explore it. Tiny cameras on the end of wires? Tiny robots? I've heard the speculation and can't see how it can be left unexamined. While nothing being there is a real possibility, what if it's filled with a Pharaoh's treasure? King Tut writ large? I've been inside the Great Pyramid during the summer, and the feeling was remarkable. I could sense a vast weight surrounding me. The temperature dropped dramatically, and cold air seemed to gently flow from hidden places. Natural air conditioning that felt marvelous. My main regret is that I didn't climb it to the top. You could back then.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

isnt there also supposedly a chamber in the sphinx paw?

i am fascinated by the idea of lost knowledge, culture and civilizations like atlantis. how cool would it be to discover some evidence of something like that in one of those chambers.

we lost a lot of history with the burning of the library of alexandria and the conquistadors fanatical destruction of pre-conquest mexico records. but there has to be stuff out there hidden away still. perhaps in the pyramid!

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Isn't every chamber in a pyramid a "hidden chamber."

joeson332, BigM, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Ambitious marketing campaign for Assassin's Creed: Origins.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

meanwhile the unbidden chambers on the outside look remarkably like air, which ancient alien theorists believe is a sign that aliens brought stealth technology to the mankind.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

thank god for tom cruise. he will save us all

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I was there a few years ago. I’m not sure I k ew you could go in. That or I choose not to and don’t remember.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Honestly the pyramids fascinate me... I just feel like they have to mean more than what we know. Call me crazy but I really like the theory that they are some sort of navigational tool for aliens but that's just one possibility.

It's amazing how humans can know so much yet still know so little.

Houstunna likes this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

It ain’t hidden if we know about it.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

check with @RocketsTruth on both issues :D

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

We've got our best man on the case.

[​IMG]

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

@tinman , did 99'ers already know it was there?

don grahamleone and tinman like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Deckard likes this.
  17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Don't do it Girlaldo...:eek:

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was there several decades ago. Back then, there were "guides" who would help you get to the top of the Great Pyramid for about $20 bucks. You had to go at dawn, otherwise the heat might have done you in before you got back down. I didn't do it because the blocks it's made from are enormous. It's not like climbing a Mayan pyramid in the Yucatan, where the blocks are much smaller, with tiny steps on stairways going steeply up (which can be a bit scary, but that kind of scary I can handle). If I were a taller fellow, I might have done it. As for going inside, you certainly could then, and we did. It was well worth doing. It's staggering that such a structure was built around 2500 years ago. I've read about how scientists think they were built, but having seen them, it's difficult to believe.

peleincubus, Houstunna and mikus like this.
  19. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We know how they were built. There is pictoral evidence. There is also a nearby "city" that housed the 25k basically slave laborers.

If you throw enough human life at anything with no regard for the quality of those lives you can accomplish quite a bit.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, the Aliens had human slaves which they genetically made by crossing their DNA with Apes

smitheygerard and peleincubus like this.