1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Three Astros World Series items headed to Cooperstown

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by SemisolidSnake, Nov 2, 2017.

1. SemisolidSnake

whiskeyred and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Need one of Springer's bats, too.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The Astros are finally representing in Cooperstown. With more to follow.

DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  4. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Either they couldn't decide which one of his bats, or they couldn't find the one they wanted, but maybe they'll add more later.

If they do eventually put one of his bats in there, I'm thinking either his Game 7 HR bat or his Game 5 HR bat. Even though it wasn't as meaningful to the box score, I like the Game 5 bat, because he immediately came back from that missed ball in center, and took that run right back, and that ignited that inning.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. SemisolidSnake

My sister in NJ has been hounding me to come up to to see her and her family in New Jersey for Christmas, and one of my conditions is that I get two full days to go up to Cooperstown. Initially, it was to see Bagwell's exhibit since I got to Biggio's the year he got in. And now it's to see Astros World Series Championship memorabilia as well.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Need one of Hinch's well penned lineup cards.

7. SemisolidSnake

Interesting choices. I agree with Buck, above, that one of Springer's bats needs to go as well.

Bregman's glove? Absolutely. Our "little stud" as Big Papi likes to call him definitely #EarnedGloveHistory with his defense.

Morton's hat? Awesome. Charlie Morton, our low-key but most dominating pitcher of the World Series. I said last night that if there was a Most Valuable Pitcher award for the Series, he should get it. This works for that.

Verlander's Game 6 jersey? Hmm, I dunno about this one. He's the credited losing pitcher for that game. I mean, having something from Astros Champion Justin Verlander in there is a damn good idea. I'm thinking it should have been his Game 2 jersey from the Yankees series, where we went all the way with 13 Ks. Or at least his jersey from epic World Series Game 2.

Maybe it's the same jersey, and it just encompasses all of Verlander in the playoffs. If that's the case, then absolutely.

DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  8. SemisolidSnake

Very true. Hinch's female-like, utterly-flawless penmanship is part of the entire season experience as well.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

There's a fourth item going too... Altuve's love.

I'm with you. I want to know the complete history of these items. How long was the glove used? The hat? The jersey? I'm sure they all have back stories beyond one game. At least I hope they would.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Should also send Kate Upton’s bra...

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This stuff just replaces other stuff. Every team has a locker of memorabilia at the HOF.

[​IMG]

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Springer being shipped and added as a new live interactive, permanent display.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I was referring to human beings happy pants

15. SemisolidSnake

I hear they're going to rent him out to stud for the rest of his life.