1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 30, 2017.

1. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Brown pushing a false narrative definitely made him a cancer to the team,being well liked by his team mates only makes the situation that much worse.

It will be several years before we can really evaluate this trade but it's something that Brown obviously wanted and needed to be done

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Agreed. Unlike Boobythegreat who's quick to claim this trade was a fleecing, we must wait and see who actually won this trade. I just dislike the fact that we gave up protection and pick for potential picks that might b bust which doesn't benefit Watson the Savior.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Based on the first part of what you said, which was accurate, this trade was a win for the Texans from day one. Simply getting rid of the cancerous element is addition by subtraction, then you factor in the additional picks which will make it possible to trade up into the 1st round if we want to and it's an absolute steal.

Honestly I don't see another way of looking at it

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They consider someone like Brown a leader, which tells it all. They protested right along with him during the Anthem. That's the majority of the Texans, and that's why I can't even cheer for them now.

#325 deb4rockets, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Hank McDowell likes this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It is incumbent upon you, the maker of claims, to prove their accuracy. There is no literal or figurative definition of cancerous that applies to Duane Brown, the only thing I'm struggling with is how someone could make these claims without a shred evidence and act holier than thou about it....or act like it isn't because of some baloney ass political jargon.

So again I say, what damage?
    Who, involved with the team, has made clear of their dislike of Duane Brown?
    How was his action cancerous?

Can you answer the questions with legitimate reason, logic or factual information?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How many times do I have to spell out that a player being a cancer in the locker room doesn't mean that the other players dislike them, it just means that they are being a distraction or doing things to sabotage the team.....and Duane Brown was clearly doing both with his race baiting BS. Instead of focusing entirely on the upcoming game, Duane Brown was busy getting the other players worked up about a false narrative and planning protests....that kind of BS is cancerous.

I mean seriously I have to spell out how a player trying to falsely paint the owner as a racist in order to get the players to join him in protest is cancerous behavior? LOL

Hank McDowell likes this.
  8. conquistador#11

The problem is Duane didn't want to be here that was the consistent thing in his actions. If mcnair hadn't butchered his idioms like he always does, Duane was still going to do something to get that trade done by the offseason.

Quick turn around get in with the ox changes:
    sign Malcom Butler and nate solder, Draft best available Left tackle with the newly acquired 1st round pick after some maneuvering.
    Clark moves to RT.

Release Joseph, Cushing. Move KJ to safety where he doesn't have to turn his head, hope the other KJ doesn't break. Sign Eric reid? he could revive his career.
    Extend Clowney. Merciless returns to form. Watt makes a transition to play like Justin smith.

Mr. Mcnair should make me godfather. I renounce satan.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with all that Bobby, but these are grown men you are talking about. No matter what kind of BS Duane might have tried to stir up, they know people are offended by protesting during the National Anthem. Their problems with McNair, imaginary or as real as they may be, should be directed to him from them. Acting out to get attention at the most inappropriate time is showing their true colors. Oh, and when I say showing their true colors someone will probably try to make that a racial comment too.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No Duane Brown, no pre-game nonsense....shocking.

11. texian

texian Member

Except LT gives up game losing strip-sack/fumble.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

True, but we lost the one game he started too and he was part of that giving up a TFL on the last possession which set up the Texans to punt. With Watson going down, the season is done anyway, it's best that the team doesn't embarrass themselves before the game AND during the game.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Snowflakey.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He also got blown up pretty badly on the final drive of the game by the Seahawks and Wilson had to do some magic in order to avoid the sack. If it had been Savage back there or damn near any QB that doesn't have elite elusiveness it would have been a sack.

Glad he's gone and the picks are still so much more valuable than he'd have been here.

raining threes likes this.
  16. texian

texian Member

Duane Brown: -1
    Texans: -1

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/11/...tle-seahawks-washington-redskins-trade-grades

20. texian

texian Member

See if Duane has adjusted to Wilson's cadence yet tonight.