1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 30, 2017.

1. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Just realized that and edited the post. Completely agree with you. Good trade.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Uh, except that being a locker room cancer means that the locker room doesn't respect you. Soooo....

What sabotage? What damage?

Freeney? Wasn't he in the super bowl last year? Pretty sure that man is owed an ounce of respect for his talent as well.

Dude, give yourself a break... Sure, Duane Brown is older and past his prime. Nobody thinks otherwise, not me, not you, not DUANE, not the Seahawks, nobody. Yet, it is absolutely made clear what teams think of him based on what the Texans received for his ability. That doesn't mean we fleeced them at all either, it means we got a fair value for a guy who can be a rock at LT. Like he was a rock for this franchise for a decade. Christ, comparing him to Joe Thomas isn't supporting your "isn't worth a damn" comments. Who are the other 4? I bet they're probably decent if they've made it this long in the NFL....don't you get the things you're saying put DB in a good light? Christ.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, that's not what it means at all. If you are being cancerous and the locker room respects you, it just means that you are able to do more damage. It's really not a difficult concept to grasp. Soooooo.....stop struggling with it.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bobby would make about as good a doctor as Kevorkian when it comes to identifying cancer

TheRealist137 likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You still failing to understand that a player can be respected in the locker room and still be a cancer? It's okay, I expect that from you. From others I'd expect more, but you've proven the extent of your capabilities by now.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. PTX

PTX Member

He was def trying to leave, so who cares....
    was a good trade anyway

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Dude stfu, calling me a lin fan. Face the facts boobythegreat, u can't evaluate players as well as u can say u do. Just a few weeks ago u were still a fking Savage dick rider.
    This trade was not a fking fleece b/c
    1) Brown's performance on the Seahawks
    (a). He plays competently, we traded a pick and LOSE a competent players for potential picks.
    (b). He plays mediocre, we trade a pick and still LOSE out on a mediocre player (compared to the trash on our oline) for potential picks
    (c). He plays consistently well, we trade a pick, LOSE a awesome player to protect the savior watson for potential picks.

Even then if Brown played shtty (c), i still wouldn't consider this trade a fleecing because
    b/c
    1) we had to give up a pick, 2 get 2 more (tru.)
    2) we still have to rely on our shtty gm to draft the players that will either be competent or bust

At best this was a trade to save a loss, but all u can see is brown is da 'cancer' and we won the trade.

From a football standpoint, Watson protection is most important, and this trade doesn't help him now, in fact it might not even help in the future with our shtty gm drafting.
    Stop pushing the narrative that Brown was cancer and he sucks just because he was practicing his freedom of speech.

Trading a player for more picks should never b consider a fleecing, u have to wait and watch for the next few years before making shtty claims. Harden for a bunch of picks was that a fleecing of the rockets? no, we won that trade. Brown isn't on the same caliber but u get the point, picks for 1 player isn't always a fleece.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

i guess it was a gud trade in that we manage to salvage some picks for a player who didn't want to be here. I wouldn't consider it a fleecing like boobythegreat claims, we didn't win this trade.

PTX likes this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

JJo the vet has a good head on his shoulders.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL exactly what a Lin fan type would say.

When you get a 2nd and a 3rd for a washed up locker room cancer and a 5th, it's a fleecing. Hell the Pats only got a 3rd for Jimmy G! I know you might have liked Duane Brown's race baiting politics and that probably skews your opinion, but objectively this trade was an absolute steal for the Texans. Perhaps one day you'll figure that out, perhaps not. Won't really matter.

Feel free to make a "Duane Brown on the Seahawks" thread in the other forum if you want to follow your guy.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Our 2nd and 3rd rounders have netted us the following in recent drafts. Five really good starters and several players with huge upsides. Only one bust in Strong.

Cunningham and Foreman 2017
    Martin and Miller 2016
    McKinney and Strong 2015
    Su'a-Filo and Fiedorowicz 2014

So that info makes this an amazing trade.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well not just that but the Texans will also have plenty of assets in order to trade up into the first round if they want to now that they made this deal. 2 2nd rounders next year and likely 3 3rd rounders this year is plenty to make a splash if there's a player they want.

conquistador#11 and ipaman like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Okay savage dick rider. U can't claim a trade is a fleecing when all u have to prove for is potential picks. We trade for a player that could have contributed protecting Watson for what picks that might become bust? U probably want watson to get injured so u can get back riding savage dick.

U have to wait to see the outcome of the picks before making shtty claims. If we drafted two bust and Brown still play competently is that still consider a fleecing? Stop hating a player for having the freedom of speech, I hate brown for flaking out on the team, but it was still within his rights, he didn't break his contract.

Tbh I rather be called a lin fan than a savage dick rider, at least I can judge talent better than u. Lin might b asian but he was at least a competent point guard, savage is garbage but u couldn't tell the difference when comparing him to the savior Watson.

Also the patriots traded a qb whose rookie contact was about to end, getting a third round pick is pretty gud. Basically a half year rental (maybe) for a third round pick.

#294 DatRocketFan, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Mr. Clutch likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL I love how emotional you get, it's comedy gold.

Anyway, you absolutely can claim a trade is a fleecing when it's just picks....look at the RG3 trade, it was obvious from day 1 that the Redskins got fleeced.

As to Duane Brown contributing, he didn't really move the needle when he played the one game he cared to show up for any more than the other guys who played there the rest of the season. The offense has been pretty amazing with just anyone filling in there....of course that destroys your narrative, but it is what it is.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I wouldn't consider it a fleece if we traded a competent player for two bust or even a shtty player for two bust. The offense only been amazing b/c we have the savior Watson playing not your qb, savage.

U have to get it in your head that when trading player for picks, there is no winner or loser at the outright, u have to fking wait. We can't claim we fleece the seahawks, if we drafted busts. If we drafted competent players, wait a few years and bump this thread I will own up to my words.

At best I would say this was an alright trade, we manage to salvage some picks out of a player that didn't want to b here. Sucks that we gave up a pick.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We didn't trade a competent player, we traded an over the hill locker room cancer, so.....

I mean, it's funny how you go to bat for the scrub due to you agreeing with his race baiting politics, but if you want to do more than just cause me to laugh at you, it's probably best to end this conversation.

Don't get me wrong, I find laughing at you to be highly entertaining, but it's not productive.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

A cancer to who? McNair?......oops....he already has actually cancer. Cancer to Bobby's enjoyment of the Texans? YEP.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Read my whole thing savage dick rider. I don't give a fk if Duane brown was competent or sht, it means really little if the players our gm drafted are bust. How can u consider a trade a fleecing if the outcome of the picks aren't even decided yet. Even if the picks he drafted were 'solid', u still have to wait and see if they could perform. We basically gave up a player for two picks and u consider that a fleecing when the final outcome hasn't arrive yet. Talk about premature ejaculation.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL are you slow? I clearly said a cancer to the team, do your best to follow along guy.