1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Buck Turgidson

I've always had a thing for Gugino, and the book is solid, but I wasn't sure how they'd make that into a film. Good to hear it's good.

Did I mention I totally would do naughty things to Carla Gugino?

eric.81 likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

You asked for it:

don grahamleone and B-Bob like this.
  3. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Who wouldn't? She is absolutely stunning.

4. conquistador#11

"Megan leavey", 8.5/10... If you like war movies and dogs this is the movie for you. Just have to put aside the yankees references. It will give you the feels.

5. body slam

body slam Member

a love story will always mess up a good western

don grahamleone and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. body slam

body slam Member

Security - 7/10 Former marine Antonio Banderas takes a job as a night security guard at a mall. What can go wrong?

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ha! Saw this the other day. It was just good enough to keep me from turning it off. 6/10

Have been on a movie binge lately.

6.5/10 Spiderman: Homecoming - A good job, good effort. Love Michael Keaton as any bad guy. Disappointed they didn't play the old Spiderman song, it's just not the Spiderman I know without that old song.

4/10 Pirates of the Carribean, Dead Men Tell No Tales - The same as every other one I've seen. Boring.

5.5/10 The Mummy, Tom Cruise version. That airplane scene was pretty cool I have to admit. I was into the movie until it started getting weird with the Jeckyl Hyde thing. The zombies chasing Tom Cruise under water was one of the coolest visuals I've seen since John Wick.

7/10 Baby Driver. I appreciated the fact they tried to mix things up in this movie. It had a Tarrantino feel to it without the pretentiousness. Although the vet who shows up with automatic gunfire out of the blue was a bit off.

7.5/10 Wonder Woman. Cool flick, really enjoyed it. Good action, some funny lines. Look forward to more of these. Hope they don't f them up.

8. Buck Turgidson

Brawl in Cell Block 99 - ridiculously unexpected fun. Violent as hell. From the same guy who wrote/directed Bone Tomahawk (which is why I watched it). Believe it or not, Vince Vaughn is really, really good. 7.629 out of ???

9. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Middle Man. 8/10.

10. body slam

body slam Member

Wheelman 6/10 - its a rental

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Saw "1922" on Netflix. Thomas Jane owns this film. No spoilers... just watch and enjoy (unless you don't like rats... then, don't).

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The Matrix

Still a classic and 10/10 even almost 20 years later.

joeson332 and don grahamleone like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

I heard good things. Now it's good things +1

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Can I get some help with the name of a movie? I saw it when I was kid and only remember a small bit from the beginning.

A small group of random people inside a dinner eating, phone rings and its some guy who mans a missile silo trying to call his dad to let him know a nuclear war had just started. Don't know much of anything else other than it might not have had a very cheerful ending. I guess it could have, I don't know.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This, my friend, is Miracle Mile. And... the ending is one of the least cheerful things you can imagine. It involves the tar pits!

I love this movie b/c it is the rare real time experiment. You get about 90 minutes of film, and it's 90 minutes of these characters lives as WW3 gets going. Fantastic (for what it is).

don grahamleone and Blatz like this.
  16. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Thanks, I have to find it now so I can watch it. Seemed like I was a lot younger when I first saw it. Was expecting it to be older than 1988.

17. cebu

cebu Member

Frozen - 10/10

stars George Springer.

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Didn’t really do anything for Halloween so I decided to binge watch some Horror movies.

It Comes at Night: 9/10

Probably the best horror movie i’ve seen in quite some time. This movie has no twists, no mysteries, no ghosts, it’s just straight eerie. The red door is haunting. I might be overrating it but man was the acting on point. Needs a sequel.

Creep 2: 8.5/10

Much better than the first one, Duplass is really creepy in this character, actually makes me feel like he’s a serial killer in real life. Only thing is that the ending is a little too unbelievable.

What we do in the Shadows: 9.5/10

How am I just finding out about this movie, I haven’t laughed this hard in years. A true masterpiece & will be one of my favorite movies going forward. Didn’t give it the perfect 10/10 because at times I had to turn on the subtitles (nick & the wolves) because I didn’t really understand what they were saying.

Such great movies.

Also Baby Driver. 7.5/10, better than expected, solid movie. Kid’s witty & likable, makes you cheer for him.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I got lucky at SXSW and saw the premiere. Usually people that acted in the movie show up and these guys weren't state side so Jemaine Clement did his interviews after the film via skype of some video chat. Needless to say, the laughter kept going after the credits.

Obito likes this.
  20. Fantasma Negro

Dark Tower - 8/10
    I really enjoyed this movie. I don't understand why it got such bad press. I get that it wasn't the most detailed film but for a novice to the story I felt it was a pretty good introductory film. Mcconaughey was ****ing fantastic. I'm still not used to this skinny Mcconaughey that sits in the back seat of Lincolns and laughs at his own jokes, but when he's playing the antagonist especially a character this dark, the look works. Plus for the director, he's got ridiculous timing. Whenever Mcconaughey wasn't on the screen for you too long you start to go "I wonder what Mcconaughey is up to" and then boom there was Mcconaughey up to his dastardly deeds. Idris Elba is good in everything so at times complimenting his work feels redundant but he more than pulled his weight in this movie. Every word felt real, injury genuine and pain killer addiction laughable. It was cool to see him get to be somewhat of a superhero in this one and he was a ****ing Bad Ass. Tom Taylor was the kid who was not in any of the commercials but once the movie gets going you realize the story revolves around him. For a child actor he was ok. Most roles for child actors in action films require screaming and running while saying your lines, he was able to do both adequately so I guess he was an acceptable. He did have one scene that was very dark that almost gave me the feels so he has some talent. The story is easy to follow and the action scenes are done well so all in all a pretty solid movie.