1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Keuchel just made an unnecessary headline

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by what, Oct 26, 2017.

1. what

what Member

"Obviously, the balls are juiced" said dallas.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

He isn't the first to have said this.

3. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Dallas also commented on Culberson’s HR reaction. I like Dallas but he needs to shut up and focus on preparing for Game 5.

DudeWah likes this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The series ain't going 5.

Astros are gonna sweep

5. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Ummm, you do realize Game 5 would be the clinching game if Astros win 3 in a row at home?

Pen15clubber, swyyyguy, sammy and 8 others like this.
  6. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

On the Culbertson HR; My son looked at me and said "Do you think he knows they're still losing by 1?" That guy was celebrating like it was a walk off. I get that it was a World Series HR and at that point it was significant and I don't begrudge him that. We just laughed though because he was exponentially more excited than his teammates.

mikol13, adw, Harrisment and 9 others like this.
  7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I honestly don't think that idiot knew they were down 1 run. His own teammate (turner) looked at him like wtf dude.

Harrisment likes this.
  8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Commentators were like wtf also lol

craigharmann and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Or necessary to take pressure away from Lance before his big game 3 start.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  10. texian

texian Member

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

How is this noteworthy? The ball is juiced. Hitters are trying to get ball in the air more has a nice synergistic effect on homers.

joeson332 likes this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He looked like an idiot but I dont blame him, it was his first at bat this postseason I think I heard. On top of that it was a HR in the world series in his first at bat, I wouldve been pumped too.

craigharmann likes this.
  13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It's not noteworthy, but it's just something you shouldn't say in the middle of a World Series. It comes off as almost denigrating your own teammates- you know, because, according to his definition, Altuve shouldn't have as many home runs as he does- and BTW, he has 6 in this post-season.

I appreciate Dallas for telling it like it is, but he also needs to learn the time-and-place rule. After the Series, talk all you want. During the Series, regarding certain things, just put a lid on it. Unnecessarily allows reporters to ask Hinch, hitters, etc., "What do you think of Dallas' comments?" The more you think about it, considering that the media loves a controversy, and that the WS is a media-satured event, the more it comes off as a dumb thing to bring up NOW.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Verlander actually said the ball being juiced is a big reason his velocity and movement on his slider are what they are now.... so it does work both ways.

That warm dry air let the ball carry far. Houston's humidity actually works in its favor.... although its far less humid now than it was last week.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Altuve himself was commenting how they were all surprised how far the balls were going... even off their bats. Springer made similar remarks also.

Daddy Long Legs and joeson332 like this.
  16. dandorotik

Yep. Again, I just feel it's best to sidestep that question. You know, like "I have my opinions on that, but I'll save those for another time. For now, I'm concentrating on...."

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Heard an interview with Musgrove talking about how different the balls have felt...that the seams were not as raised and they were way too slick.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Meh... side-stepping is for p*****s.

HR numbers are up at a statistically significant rate this year... both pitchers and hitters are mentioning they see something different. The commissioner has neither confirmed nor denied possible changes.

In the end, if all parties involved are benefiting (more scoring, power pitchers getting more movement, power hitters hitting it further)... this may be one of those perfect storm benefits.

Daddy Long Legs and adw like this.
  19. conquistador#11

i don't mind it. it's better than the players being juiced.

20. dandorotik

You're right. The Dodgers, though, are going to feel a different kind of juice - it's called the Minute Maid Monsoon that's about to rain down on their sorry asses Friday night.

Tonaaayyyy and Plowman like this.