1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson is killing us...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Oct 23, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its on him for not hustling and asking for money he can't live up to. If you are a fresh grad and somebody offered you the CEO position with an annual 3M salary do you take it? A lot of the fault is with the hiring manager but you also have some blame for taking on a role you can't do.

In Anderson's case you can see he doesn't work on offense and defense. All he does on O is stand on a corner waiting for the ball. He doesn't run around the perimeter trying to get open. On D he isn't active on switches people say he is sneaky with no basis if he is really sneaky how come he has few rebs, no deflections, charges etc? Defense doesn't ridiculous athleticism its just having the will just ask Shane Battier or Bruce Bowen how athletic they are.

Anderson has the tools and skillset to justify his contract, all you have to do is look at Tucker if Tucker was the guy making 18M people wouldnt be as mad at him as they are at Anderson.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nothing? ok.. I guess I'll start it off.

If Rockets lose this game it would have been Ryno's fault.

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok first of all pardon me if I can't format nicely I am typing on the phone.

On your first reply first of all remember that Trevor Ariza is only making less than half of Anderson's salary. Your apples to apples comparison is wrong because if you think Anderson shooting 30% is amazing value for 19M Ariza shooting 22% is actually better, he should be shooting at around 15% to equal Anderson's impact. Of course there would be riots on the streets if Anderson shoots 22% first of all he already overpaid as is secondly he can't do anything except shoot. Since you like +/- so much just check out BPM in basketball reference. Guess what both Anderson and Ariza are both -2.3! So both them have the same +/- now except Anderson costs 2 times more.

Again so what if Anderson is a part that gets leads? He is not the one that gets the leads he is just there! Since you like leads so much check out Anderson's bpm last year...yeah that's right he is -0.8! I don't know where you get your stats, where does it show that lineups with Anderson are amazing? Just check out his advanced stats on bssketball reference last year he was barely above a league average player...and an average player only costs 7M.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

It only has value when given a large sample size, looking at one game's +/- and determining he did well after he only shot 25% is just wrong. Its not just a weak metric, it is wrong.

His +/- is 25% higher than Gordon. He didn't register any crazy hustle stats like rebs, steals, deflections, charges. His +/- has no basis on his performance.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol how is this checkmate? Ever hear of opportunity cost? Anderson's massive salary prevents us from signing somebody else who could have helped the team win. Ever wonder why Morey has been trying so hard to dump Anderson since the trade deadline? He was even willing to add Beverly as a sweetener just to make the trade happen according to the reports.

Morey is the master of analytics data right? If Anderson was such a good contributor why is the analytics expert trying so hard to dump him?

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who do you think knows more about coaching, you or MDA who has been doing this for decades?

I know MDA hates subs but Anderson is already part of his rotation, he just plays him less than Ariza. That is the reality even last year so do you think the coaching staff was dumb as bricks for the entire season? Not only was MDA playing Anderson less even Morey was trying to dump him I guess both the GM and Coach are just dumb as bricks since they can't see the value of Anderson smh.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I feel we have less fire power than last year.

RocketsTruth, amaru, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's weird because we didn't lose anyone except Bev. Even with injuries last year, it didn't feel like there was such a struggle for points. The 3-ball is not falling.

daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Let me rephrase this. He’s asked for Serge before. Long shot tho. Just to know.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

isn't ibaka's real age like mid 30s tho?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or we rarely could surprise anyone, everyone knows we are going to shoot from deep so yeah. They are giving us the lanes to drive.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd give the shooting the benefit of doubt. It's only a few games. He shot quite well (especially on the road!) last season against public perception that he couldn't hit his shots. I am hoping that his shooting percentage will eventually fall back to his career average.

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we had lou williams as well, who was instant offense when his shot was falling

Little Bit likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shooting and Scoring are 2 pair of shoes.

His numbers do not add up to be a scorer tbh. 3 pt shot is his only forte. Or was.

roslolian likes this.
  15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

having lou would be real nice. or at least a bench guy that can get buckets (ego is our 2nd option on offense).

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Yep..... Lou Williams, Nick Young, Jamal Crawford.. these are guys we need off the bench.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't count Lou because Rockets got him late in the season. Rockets were still a great offense before Lou with Brewer.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lou didn't really perform to expectations IMHO, he fell off the map as soon as he joined the team.

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We have sixth man of the year eric Gordon off the bench. Our problem is CP3 is hurt which makes Gordon start.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Me and @RasaqBoi had this exchange in the Rockets Sixers Game Thread:
    This exchange really annoyed me. When I defend Anderson, it isn't because he is my favorite player or I think he isn't overpaid, it's the lazy comments and assumptions, just because, that make me itch... It's like I'm in the twilight zone where nobody is watching the game. By all means, criticize this dude when he is doing chump work, but not when he is contributing something.

I usually re-watch the Rockets games when they pick up a win. This time I tried to focus on Anderson.

When Anderson was on the court he guarded:
    Covington
    Anderson
    Saric
    Simmons
    Embiid
    Redick
    While Anderson was in the game (35 min), with the exception of 2 blown plays where Anderson's man picked up an errant ball after good defense by the Rockets to score, he was scored on a grand total of TWO TIMES.

One three from Covington and a turnaround Jumper from Embiid. Covington had 20 points and only scored 3 on Anderson. Anderson was the best defender on Covington contesting 4 of his shots that he missed.

Simmons, Redick, and Anderson tried to shoot and drive but Anderson contested all their shots from the the Perimeter and at the rim. no points on him

Saric didn't do anything.

Anderson was still in the game when the team went on a run to win the game as the small ball 5 guarding Embiid. Anderson was taken out for one play for defense and then back in for the game winning play.

In a game where the Rockets were trailing most of the game, Anderson gave up 5 points and contributed 14.

#120 DreamShook, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017