1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson is killing us...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Oct 23, 2017.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i'd trade Anderson to the Lakers for Luol Deng

Chuck Nevitt and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I'd love to involve Anderson in a Eric Bledsoe deal (not to Houston), but use Anderson to get a player or 2 that we would want back from a 3rd team.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Calling a timeout when you're about to lose a 10 point lead turning the ball over two/three consecutive times with 5 minutes to go against a division rival doesn't sound like a waste to me.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

they get an automatic tv time out around that time anyway and i think coaches play to it

5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

He single-handedly ruins home court advantage with his home/away 3p% splits.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

I hope he donates his half his salary to charity since he's unplayable at home.
    Just give him his own Royce White bus to travel in for road games. Don't bother showing up at home. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#86 J.R., Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    J Sizzle, RasaqBoi and hakeem94 like this.
  7. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

As previously suggested in a separate thread, Mike D'Antoni ought to consider starting PJ Tucker over Ryan Anderson. Or alternate the starting line up so the minutes are shared.

If there's a slightest chance Anderson were to be permanently replaced, I'd like someone with Rick Mahorn's body and Patrick Beverley's gung-ho I'm gonna get you succa demeanor
    . Pat gave Lonzo Ball a little love.

I never heard of any team that won the NBA championship that had some p***y in their starting lineup
    When push comes to shove,the Rockets will need an enforcer, bruiser for the playoffs.

Bump n thump;)
    [​IMG]

#87 dfbreyes, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    RudyTBag likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What were you watching? LMA was shut out last year. It was Harden’s small tank that gave us fits.

9. Nigel Thornberry

Problem is we’re stuck with him. No one is going to pick up that contract on such an average player. Be mad at whoever in the rockets office signed this trash can.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PJ Tucker brings a whole lot of what me miss since we lost Patrick Beverley, toughness. He needs to start. He vastly improves our defense and rebounding, and he can knock down corner threes with the best of them. Chuck Hayes with a corner three. Let's make life a little bit easier for Clint Capela. Sneak Ryno in the game against second units and let him go wild with EG.

Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Trevor Ariza
    PJ Tucker
    Clint Capela
    ----------------------------
    Eric Gordon
    Ryan Anderson
    Luc Rich Booty
    Nene

Bo6, MourningWood and da_juice like this.
  11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

fixed

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

Ryan Anderson is KILLING us.....

[​IMG]

RasaqBoi, BigggReddd and RudyTBag like this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

The Lakers would still be laughing as Morey hung up

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's absolutely crazy to me how much more we had to pay for Anderson than Gordon considering how much better Gordon is.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

heyparter and I talked about the irony of our PF situation in the DMo-TJones thread in the Dish.

We drafted a bunch of promising young PFs 5, 6 years ago. None of them is around anymore. What we have is a 20M/yr guy who the fans hate because of his fat contract.

I think the biggest irony here is that Morey might have made some draft day blunders, some very big ones. But he almost never made contract blunders. He is as shrewd as it comes as a GM when giving out contracts. Anderson is probably the only time he would sign a non-star to a contract that would strap his flexibility with no easy way out.

Dick Dijon likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It was a unique offseason, though. The goal was not really "what free agent can we get to push us to the next level" as much as it was "we need to sign dudes who fit who can restore our reputation" after the 2015-2016 disaster. If the previous season wasn't such a bust, I doubt those signings get made, maybe not even the Gordon signing.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

yayyy brand new thread. IDIOT

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You may be right. But that's out of character for Morey. He doesn't make kneejerk decisions. He is very calculating for the long term. (Where else could that "can kicking" meme come from?) And flexibility is one of his highest priorities to the point that we all joke about it.

I am not a Melo fan and didn't really want him. But it can be argued that if Anderson's contract was more friendly, Morey might have already pulled off a trade to get Melo for Ryno and fillers.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I know someone Harden would die to have here. Somewhat similar contract like Anderson. Years etc.

Serge Ibaka.

roslolian likes this.
  20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Our first targets that offseason were Horford and Bazemore. Bazemore ended up pretty bad, but Horford could still help us a lot more than Ryno. It's funny how EGo looks like he was fourth on the FA list and ended up being the best player.

Right now, Ryno is so garbage I can hardly believe it. He's even bad at his specialties: shooting and scoring. I'm grinding my teeth watching him out there.

roslolian likes this.