1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grizzlies: Are we just gonna ignore?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 21, 2017.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wouldn't go that far, but something was fishy. We need to learn to play above it. It's going to happen again. The goal is to win anyway. We were terrible in the last 8 minutes. Even worse in the last 4.

Where is @what ? If I were him I be gloating. Apparently he has class. Must stem from the cow dung mixed into his Memphis bbq. ;)

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

no they finish 81-1

@ me

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still not too legit...... proves the point that in the NBA almost every team can beat another team.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Grizzlies will wear out and go on a big slump. Their style of play isn't sustainable. They will be too tired and end up in a low seed and lose to a more talented team in the Playoffs.

5. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Grizzlies are like a poor man's Spurs. Even if they are missing important players or playing second round picks big minutes, they just kind of grind out wins. It's all in the system. I watched the game today, and your Rockets are more talented, even without CP3. Harden is just THAT good. Memphis got gritty, Conley hit some really stupid contested 3's, and Harden went waaaay too hero mode. Your team is best when guys like Capela are getting easy as **** shots from Gordon and Harden breaking down the defense. Same goes for open 3's by all of your wing role players. When CP3 gets healthy, he is probably the best in the league at game management. It will help big time.

I'm still pissed that my Blazers could have drafted Paul, but traded down in the draft for ****ing Martell Webster, because we were set at PG with Telfair.......... thanks John Nash (I know that he did good things for Houston, but **** him).

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Grizzlies have failed to improve the team, they are still good, have the best Center in the game, and an Allstar caliber yet not acknowledged Conley jr.

They are getting worse......the sad thing is they still have potential but do not have enough talent to sustain it over a whole season and through couple of playoff series.

7. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

LOL

Sure they beat us.

BUT THEY'RE PAYING PARSONS 23 MIL PER OVER 4 YEARS $$$$$$

hakeem94 and ramotadab like this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I believe in @tinman

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We will agree to disagree.

I saw the Grizz allowed to play football while when the Rockets tried to match, they were hit with ticky-tac and
    phantom calls. You are not beating an opposing team coupled w/ one sided leaning refs the entire game.

The clincher to me was when the ref was hit with the ball. I’m watching other refs in other games now to see
    where they are positioned (same play).......they are on the court but find a way to stay clear of
    that 3-pt shooter quit easily.

don grahamleone and Louka like this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

MEM got whacked by the lowly mavs after karl lane singlehandedly handed them the game against us

hakeem94 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Funny schedule. They got to play Mavs and Rox in their latest 5 games TWICE this early on.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

13. basketballholic

They are good. Two keys are health and how they manage Tyreke. IF Parsons can get and stay healthy and Gasol and Conley don't go down and IF they can keep Tyreke on a tight chain and keep getting him to play the right way without getting selfish with the basketball THEN they have a chance to be great this season.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Grizzlies down to 6-4. They would be 4-4 without the Rockets. Some of you people overreacted.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

probably gonna sweep us anyway just because Portions hates us

16. what

what Member

The grizzlies play way down to their opponent's, which is so frustrating. That had no business losing to dallas or lakers.
    So with the grass always greener, the one thing you can say about harden, is that he always plays hard every game. Mike and marc dont.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Like I said. Grizzlies will be fighting for 8th seed come playoff time. They'll be a tough low seed team, but they will be a low seed.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

??? That shows how little Rockets basketball you watch.

Rockets have one of the oldest teams in the league, and have been coasting all year long. I have yet to see a game of fantastic effort.

19. what

what Member

Didnt harden just put up 56? Am i in the twilight zone. Or can harden just coast to 56?

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The short answer is yes, he absolutely can If his jumper is on like it was. He is just that smart.

The long answer is,
    What does Harden putting up 56-13 have to do with his consistent effort from game to game?

Oh wait, it has nothing to do with that. Yes, you are very much entering the Twilight Zone.

BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.