1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA preseason games thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ClearLakeTX, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

OKC getting exposed by some random Aussie team in the first quarter, with Westbrook/George/Carmelo on the floor. That's just funny stuff.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

OKC held on to beat an Australian team by 1. Their big 3 played 30 mins while George and Adams were out there trying to close the game.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ah man. I wish caught the OKC game. There is a crap load of sports on today. I want to see why OKC is struggling.

4. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Its preseason brah who cares about the score.

Its doesnt count and probably they are showing some face for the locals.

Just having fun and not giving their all.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Have fun while figuring it out.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Jordan Bell 11pts on 5-5 in 7 min

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Curry going beast mode in a meaningless preseason game.

10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Super proud of my Melbourne United sticking with OKC. Sure it was a meaningless preseason game, but it sure gave OKC a fright and one I'm sure they didnt want to give their OK3 as many minutes as they did.
    Really cool seeing my local Kilsyth boy Kyle Adnam get some minutes and have some impact. Was a huge buzz for all the Kilsyth Cobra rep kids seeing one of their own play against an NBA team.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Hawks acquired Richard Jefferson, Kay Felder, two second-round picks and cash from the Cavs for draft rights to Dimitrios Agravanis and Sergii Gladyr. The trade of Richard Jefferson and Kay Felder to Atlanta will save the Cavaliers $12.8M in luxury tax penalties. The Hawks are likely to waive both players.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

clippers bench is garbage. they're in the worst kind of situation. their vets/starters will keep them from a high lottery pick. while their bench will keep them out of the playoffs.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

david stockton looks good enough to stay in the league

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Morey's 6'9 PF that got away; that Chicago just gave away. "Oh, you want him Golden State? You can have him."

Jordan Bell was a man among boys on Friday with 10 points, 11 rebounds, four assists, two steals and two blocks in 25 minutes against the Kings.

Even at just 6'9", how did this man fall to 38 in the draft? Not only is he a gifted player overall, but his instincts, timing and motor on seemingly every play are like few other NBA players. Bell has likely moved to at least No. 3 on the center depth chart and Draymond Green has already taken him under his wing. In fact, Bell joked his motto is "WWDD" for "What would Draymond do?" Coach Steve Kerr said he's not going to be in the rotation right away, so most of his early work will have to be in garbage time.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Considering nobody here even heard of Jordan Bell before the draft, I'm amazed at how much discussion he's generated on the forum since the draft.

I've said all along he's more than just an athlete who is strong, can dunk and block shots. The guy just knows how to play basketball. Dana Altman at Oregon runs an offense that requires ball movement, unselfishness, smarts and finding the path of least resistance. That's why a team with Dillon Brooks as their main player the last 2 years did so well.

Not only was Oregon's offense like GS and the Spurs, foot movement and switching picks on defense was their shtick (like the Warriors).

Bell's college experience was like a training run for GS and he's very good at it. Nobody really noticed him until their other C was injured right before the tournament run.

Considering how deep their team is, it may be a while before Bell gets regular time. I predict it happens this season and his PT could increase in the playoffs.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

They were a few advocates for him, who wanted him, disappointed when they didn't get him(or when he went to GS) like @Clutch.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I stand corrected. Clutch and basketballholic definitely knew about him.

Reviewing the comments in Clutch's thread makes me laugh. The assumptions by some that Bell was a zero offensively, he's just another Chuck Hayes/Montrezl Harrell/Joey Dorsey, is "too short", "another undersized PF" are laughable.

Don't judge a guy if you haven't even seen him play.

19. what

what Member

Jerr
    Translation: don't call him a cowboy until you see him ride.
    C. Twitty.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I've been through this with bbholic. There is no pick that was traded prior to #38 that we could have outbid, better picks were offered. And we can't assume the untraded picks that were used by the teams who owned them were even available, or that Morey wasn't rejected.

In the end, GSW paid the maximum allowable cash-consideration payment of $3.5m, which is the total cash you can use for the season. It's clear now that Morey wanted to keep his yearly cash-allotment for buying NG Bros before July 1st, before that CBA rule took effect to close a loophole (whatever that was). Of course, we didn't do anything with the NG Bros....but we reportedly almost did. I think the 2yd line attempt at Melo was well worth it, as we were still operating on Phil Jax being there to take it into the endzone.

Who knows, maybe Morey did in fact not like Jordan Bell at all. I'm just saying, unless we hear confirmation, I don't see how we can assume Morey didn't try, based upon the trades that did happen, which were better offers. And Les wasn't "In Financial Trouble" like bbholic's thread title and discussion suggested wrt to GSW buying Jordan. Morey spent Les' cash on the NG Bros. There was a plan.