1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon showing flashes of superstarism

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 11, 2017.

1. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I've been saying EG is our guy....we still won with all of our guys struggling....after seeing the game and seeing our 8-9 guys rotation, if we stay healthy I think we have a real shot at taking the Warriors out. Luc looked real good, quick strong drives. Capela was amazing, that block after he was behind Conley and blocks on Gasol when he was faced up was very nice. We beat a good team when only playing at about 65% of our capabilities.

mockster likes this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Which stats are those pray tell?

So a guy that the team can rely on to consistently put up points as well as finally re-showing the ability to break down defenses off the dribble only makes him a high level role player? Ariza is a high level role player. Ego is much more than that.

mockster likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree with this. I think Eric Gordon has been underrated the last 4-5 years and now things are just correcting themselves. He's a not-quite-all-star player. The perfect third guard.

YOLO and seeingredtx like this.
  4. mockster

mockster Member

He's technically at all star level and this point. Harden and others already thought he was an all star. I can only see him getting better. He could easily form into that star role as he's literally the only one who can dribble and control the ball well outside of paul and harden.

But once again I never said he was a superstar just showing flashes. I think he's picked up slot from harden and Paul

Yep, in that game he's he was doing some really high level playmaking. Very entertaining watching some of the passes and plays he pulled off. He was pulling off moves that even some of the best superstars can't do.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Please tell me what Gordon does at an above average level other than score by primarily shooting threes at high volume? He's an ok driver and finisher. What does he do to make him a star level player?

if u think that Gordon is a star then that's just delusional. He's a good player. Star? No.

#65 Reeko, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wait, how is he technically at all star level?? How? Based on what?? Don't get me wrong, I think Gordon is good, but I see no way how u can call him a star.

I'm sorry, but if u think that Gordon was doing anything in last night's game that was better than most superstars or something that most superstars couldn't do then I really don't know what to say.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

2017 Gordon >MJ prime

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Gordon is more of an All-star than Lillard.

Going by most recent voting totals of course:)

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I didn’t say anything about multiple all star or putting up the numbers to actually make the team.

What I said is all star “CALIBER”.

Meaning he has the talent and ability but may not necessarily get the touches or minutes required.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Umm how about he is very good at scoring off the dribble and he is actually a good finisher when he tries. He is also a better ball handler than Klay and has much better court vision.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

yet somehow Klay is still clearly the better player and only a fool would state otherwise...30 out of 30 GM's are taking Klay over Gordon and it's not even close

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I want Thompson to go get exposed on another team so bad.
    We think 30/30 GMs want him so bad just because of the halo effect of being on a championship team.

It's silly that everyone talks about a B-level guy by his first name around the league. He's the 4th most important player on the Warriors, at best.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Who said that? Hubie?

Despite having an incredible Rookie year 16ppg, 46% FGs and 39% 3s, he only got 5th.

What a freaking rookie race
    1. Derrick Rose
    2. OJ Mayo (pretty much same #s as Gordon)
    3. Brook Lopez
    4. Westbrook
    5. Gordon
    6. Love
    7. Beasley
    8. Marc Gasol

14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Are you sure he isn't trying to simply get back into his shooting groove being preseason? He might have known he was shooting bad shots but sometimes you need to practice well contested shots too.

15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

OJ Mayo should be renamed to Juice Condiment.

16. amaru

amaru Member

Stop it.

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He was like that before he got repeatedly injured. I watched him during his Clippers days and he was projected as a future All-Star until he got injured.

The problem for him is that his handles has some problems and he often loses control of the ball causing a TO.

18. mockster

mockster Member

19. mockster

mockster Member

I think my point is being emphasized. He's much improved. His moves and confidence looked great. Dunks and saves,

kubli9 likes this.
  20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It seems like everytime Gordon drove he got an And 1. Legit great defense too. The second coming of EG

Rox11 likes this.